We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Muster Courage feels not useful

Ok, i know people are going to be against this, and i know it is an improvement from before HD, but dont use this skill that often. I do like the skill and a group because it takes a debuff off everyone in ur fellowship. It would be nice to have some traits other than the one that adds a HoT, which has a list of problems.

1. Why is it so far down in the blue line. Would it not make more sense to put a self heal in in the yellow line? I dont mind the heal on this trait offers, but either put it in the yellow line or make it a whole fellowship heal.

2. The HoT is really underpowered compared to the other cappy heals in the blue line. Comparing it to Rallying Cry, even though it does not have a powerful HoT, its initial heal more then makes up for it. Muster Courage has not initial heal, making it very weak. I'm not saying in needs a initial heal. Just look at Valiant Strike, not initial heal, but very powerful.

3. I think they could have added something a lot more useful to this trait. How about the fellowship heal i stated earlier. Or takes 2 debuffs off instead of one. Or giving u 20% resistance to all effects instead of just fear effects. Or allowing it to be used while silenced and gives a 5 second immunity to silences and disarms. Anything?

Also, a little off topic, but Muster Courage does not take off the slow from the Blackarrows snare. Anyone else notice this?

Every class have one skill just to remove debuffs, and cappy can even trait to give it a self-HoT. The Captain kinda of lacks a true self-heal to recover the morale cost of WoC while healing groups, and this trait helps a lot.

I think Muster Courage is in a good spot.

i think cappies needed a self heal as well, but would it not make more sense to put it in the yellow line, or put it near the top of blue instead of very far down?

quick edit on my first post, both muster courage heal and valiant strike have an initial heal. however, muster courage's initial heal is barely more powerful then the HoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmon View Post
    i think cappies needed a self heal as well, but would it not make more sense to put it in the yellow line, or put it near the top of blue instead of very far down?

quick edit on my first post, both muster courage heal and valiant strike have an initial heal. however, muster courage's initial heal is barely more powerful then the HoT.
    I think they left the trait far down in blue for this purpose, recover the morale you used to heal others. But I agree with you, it should be in the place of that 'Healing critical magnitude +20%' so the others builds could get it.

Rallying cry ungated in HD is a really nice reliable self heal. With that and inspire and reveal/noble mark our self heals seem pretty nice to me now.

Another selfheal is probably fine, but I'm against tinkering too much with Muster Courage. Apart from healing, tanking and DPS there's other mechanics to handle in this game and Captains have one main tool for each mechanic:
    Debuff management: Muster Courage
    Interruption: Kick
    Corruption Removal: Cleanse Corruption

Once you start tinkering too much with these skills you end up having to to choose between saving the skills for their actual purpose or use the skill now for best management of the bonuses that follow the skills. That's not a big problem when soloing, but in group play I think it's problematic if some classes are 'unable to do X' because they 'need' that skill in their rotation.
    Also, Muster Courage is IMO one of the main skills that make the Captain a support class, once you start making it a self-heal rather than a debuff removal I think you lose the support part.

1. Why is it so far down in the blue line. Would it not make more sense to put a self heal in in the yellow line? I dont mind the heal on this trait offers, but either put it in the yellow line or make it a whole fellowship heal.
    Perhaps it would, but on the other hand LoM already have many tools for improving their survivability, but I guess more is better.

2. The HoT is really underpowered compared to the other cappy heals in the blue line. Comparing it to Rallying Cry, even though it does not have a powerful HoT, its initial heal more then makes up for it. Muster Courage has not initial heal, making it very weak. I'm not saying in needs a initial heal. Just look at Valiant Strike, not initial heal, but very powerful.
    Well you should not compare Muster Courage with Rallying Cry. They're not opponents, on the very other hand they're complementing one another, just like the heal from Valiant Strike. It all adds up, and it's the total number that is interesting, not the subvalues. Muster Courage does have an initial heal, albeit the heal doesn't show up until the animation is fully completed.

3. I think they could have added something a lot more useful to this trait. How about the fellowship heal i stated earlier. Or takes 2 debuffs off instead of one. Or giving u 20% resistance to all effects instead of just fear effects. Or allowing it to be used while silenced and gives a 5 second immunity to silences and disarms. Anything?

Also, a little off topic, but Muster Courage does not take off the slow from the Blackarrows snare. Anyone else notice this?
    Here I agree though I'm not sure about the Fellowship heal one. A buff in regards to debuff management would be fully supported by me and all your suggestions in that respect are really nice IMO.

go play a class with no debuff removal for a while.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Teyaha View Post
    go play a class with no debuff removal for a while.
    With HD, all classes got debuff removals.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy