We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Vocations for Loremaster and champion?

My main is a burglar explorer and I have two lalts I just started, a Loremaster and Champion and am wondering how I should divide up the vocations. Would a Loremaster Tinker and Champion Historian work decently with my main?

First, I should say that I view the point of crafting is to join a guild, and you can only join one guild per character. So, for Vocations with 2 crafting professions, you should only work on the Profession that is fed by that Vocation's gathering Profession. Because if you lvl'ed up both crafting professions, you'd have to lvl one of them up again on another character to join that guild. Though, I should say I have 9 characters per server, so all 7 Vocations are covered.

Second, I don't think there's a wrong choice for Vocations per class. I prefer Yeoman on LM since they use a bunch of cooked pet food. I use my Champ as an extra explorer to gather materials, but you could have be an Armorer for crafting his own armor and crafting tools, or Armsman to craft his own weapons.

There was a time when I would have recommended a Historian for a LM. Farming meant you could get the pipe-weed that you needed to rez people and scholar is a good fit. These days I do not think you need pipe-weed to rez any more but having a scholar is still good. if you are set on one of the characters being a historian that I would suggest the LM. Armourer is a good choice for a Champion. Not only can you make heavy armour for yourself as you level but you can also make crafting tools with metalsmith.

Thanks for the input, kindly let me pick your brains more. I was thinking of an armourer or armsman for my Champion but would he often craft anything better than what he could get in game? And would much he make be useful for my loremaster or burglar? Loremaster seems to be between scholar, cook and jeweller. You guys don't seem to find Jeweller as useful, I was kind of leaning that way since at least one other alt if not both will be prospectors but why do you find it not as useful?

Quote Originally Posted by angrymnky View Post
    Thanks for the input, kindly let me pick your brains more. I was thinking of an armourer or armsman for my Champion but would he often craft anything better than what he could get in game? And would much he make be useful for my loremaster or burglar? Loremaster seems to be between scholar, cook and jeweller. You guys don't seem to find Jeweller as useful, I was kind of leaning that way since at least one other alt if not both will be prospectors but why do you find it not as useful?
    Armour is a good all around profession. They can make tools for all other professions and heavy armour which you'll use on your Champion. You can also use them for a tailor to make light armour for your LM and medium armour for your Burglar. But I agree with HaleElven. If you want a tailor I'd suggest starting up another character, an Explorer is a good choice since you can process your own hides, that way you can join the tailor's guild.

For a LM a scholar is nice. Class doesn't matter when it comes to crafting really but LM's being keepers of lore makes sense for them to be a historian too. And the pots, athelas celebrant ext, that they can make are nice. Also both the scholar mats and the other things scholars make can sell for quite a bit on the AH. I take my LM farming in Moria and after forty five minutes to an hour I can make about 20 gold just from selling the mats I've gathered.

Much like a LM I've always found that a jeweller is a good fit for a Burglar, since they love jewels after all. Good jewellery comes in very handy and I've also seen some of the later pieces selling for a decent amount. Rune-Keeper would be another good choice for a jeweller since their only weapon, rune-stones, are made by a jeweller. Tinker's also have cook. Cook is perhaps the only profession I do not feel the need to create another character to get guild rep with, though I have to admit that the coffee you can make from the guild that gives you a +% to LI xp gain is a little tempting, for the most part I am happy to just let my Tinker do all my cooking.

Armsman is nice. Weaponsmith will make the swords, axes ext that your Champion will use along with the daggers, swords ext that you're Burglar will use. They can also make the Burglar class items. So a Burglar is a tempting choice for Armsman. It also comes with Woodworker but that is another one I'd create a separate character for. It is a great profession though. Makes staffs for your LM, bows for your Hunter, (along with for the Champion and Guardian) spears for your Warden (and other classes that use them) and much more.