We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary: Rune overflow, relics?

I have listened to the lotro players legendary episodes twice and googled some but am still adrift.

1) I have some 50,000 xp runes from a daily gift. My weapon is in in the 30s and each level is < 50k. So if I am say 640k/671k and apply a 50k rune will any be wasted assuming I don't hit LI level 40,50, divisible by 10?

2) While leveling I have been spending legendary points on traits but not worrying about tiers or relics or scrolls or titles - assuming these are things to worry about when I get max level. What am I doing wrong?

3) My level 62 is still working on rep in Moria with a equip-55 legendary weapon at Legendary level 38. When is the equip level on the item tend to be worth deconstructing the old and starting over even though it means deconstructing the equip-55 LW well before max level? I have a equip-63 3rd age that I am guessing is not enough of a jump.

TIA for any help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by forumhagum View Post
    I have listened to the lotro players legendary episodes twice and googled some but am still adrift.

1) I have some 50,000 xp runes from a daily gift. My weapon is in in the 30s and each level is < 50k. So if I am say 640k/671k and apply a 50k rune will any be wasted assuming I don't hit LI level 40,50, divisible by 10?
    No.

The only time you would lose is using the 50K rune when the weapon is less that 50k from max level of 60.

2) While leveling I have been spending legendary points on traits but not worrying about tiers or relics or scrolls or titles - assuming these are things to worry about when I get max level. What am I doing wrong?
    Nothing, really.

- Relics: Tier 1 relics can give you some helpful boosts, and since they're common as dirt you lose nothing by slotting 3 of them. Higher tier relics are only a small improvement each tier. Wait until you are lvel capped to even think about them.

- Scrolls: Using a scroll to change damage type from Common to Anything Else will give you more damage against everything, and significantly more against certain mobs. If you are a Hunter and use Fire or Light oils, then the scroll are not very important. The oils do the job.

You can get Ancient Dwarf scrolls from one of the repeatable quests in Dolven View (Training Hall).

3) My level 62 is still working on rep in Moria with a equip-55 legendary weapon at Legendary level 38. When is the equip level on the item tend to be worth deconstructing the old and starting over even though it means deconstructing the equip-55 LW well before max level? I have a equip-63 3rd age that I am guessing is not enough of a jump.

TIA for any help!!!
    Deconstruction rules of thumb:

- The relic table improves at every x1 level - 01 11 21 31 41 51 and 60 - so decon at x1 level or higher to get x1 level relics.
    - If you decon at level 30+, you can chose one legacy to get back as a scroll. The scrolls are level limited (decon level 55 LI lets you pick a scroll that can be used for any LI up to level 60 (or is it 65 for that one?)
    - Don't sweat it until you reach level cap. Just keep your slots full of (junk) LIs to grow and decon, and upgrade your main weapon or non-weapon class-relevant thing

Right now everyone can seemingly take on all content using only a diet of broccol andi legumes along with some well timed flatulence.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Item from Ixp runes will carry over if the experience they add causes it to be need to be reforged.
    It'll appear as [Reforge + (number) exp]
    You should be equipping titles and relics on your LI's. By default, LI weapons deal common damage, the most mitigated damage type. So, you should change that to something else. There are daily quests in Dolen-View to get Ancient Dwarf and westernesse. And, there's no point in not equipping relics, even if their only tier 1.
    3) My level 62 is still working on rep in Moria
    Still working on rep? o.O Do you not have access to the quests?
    with a equip-55 legendary weapon at Legendary level 38. When is the equip level on the item tend to be worth deconstructing the old and starting over even though it means deconstructing the equip-55 LW well before max level? I have a equip-63 3rd age that I am guessing is not enough of a jump.
    I view LI's in 2 categories; The ones you actually equip, and the batches of junk LI's you lvl up just to decon for Relics and Ixp runes.
    The ones you actually equip should be deconned and replaced every few lvls, no more than 5. I would have replaced that 55 with lvl 59 as soon as you lvled to 59.
    I keep the junk LI's till lvl 31 and decon them for those with a minimum lvl 75 and less. For all LI's with a minimum lvl 76 and above, I lvl them to 60 and decon them.

Remember, you the more LI's you have gaining Ixp, the more total Ixp you gain from mob kills and quest rewards.

No. Applying an XP rune will give you all that XP. If you need to reforge and there's still XP left, it will be "pending" and applied after your reforge. The only time it is lost is if your LI hits max level.

Here are some rules of thumb:
    • For melee and ranged classes, raising the Damage of your weapon is important. For tactical types, raising the tactical modifier of your class item is important.
    • Titles usually change the damage type of your weapon and can really help you. Titles on class items can help you in other ways. Titles are pretty easy to come by so it's a good idea to make sure that any LI you equip has a title of some sort. You can always replace it if you find another you like.

The equip-63 3rd age is going to be much better than your equip-55 weapon. You should drop that 50k rune into the level 63 item and start using it.

You don't have to deconstruct the old; you can equip 6 (or more, if you buy the slots) LI's even though you can only wield 2. In fact, it's a good idea to keep all of your LI slots full, even though some are "trash" LIs. The best way to amass relics and XP runes is to level up trash LI's to some convenient level like 31 and deconstruct them. LIs gain XP from your kills as if they were a "fellowship". Let's say you earn 200 iXP from killing a monster. EACH LI you have bound to you gets, say, 100 iXP... but if you have 6 of them equipped then all together, you gain 600 XP from that one kill.

Only bother with title scrolls and relics for the LI's you actually USE, not for the ones you carry around in order to level up.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    Let's say you earn 200 iXP from killing a monster. EACH LI you have bound to you gets, say, 100 iXP... but if you have 6 of them equipped then all together, you gain 600 XP from that one kill.
    Your math is wrong.

1 LI = 100% ixp x1 = 100% total ixp
    2 LI's = 60% ixp x2 = 120% total ixp
    3 LI's = 48% ixp x3 = 144% total ixp
    4 LI's = 40% ixp x4 = 160% total ixp
    5 LI's = 36% ixp x5 = 180% total ixp
    6 LI's = 36% ixp x6 = 216% total ixp
    7 LI's = 31% ixp x7 = 216% total ixp
    8 LI's = 27% ixp x8 = 216% total ixp

So, if you have 6 LI's gaining ixp, and you are awarded 200 ixp from a kill, each LI actually gets 72 ixp (not 100). So, you've earned a total of 432 ixp (not 600).

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    So, if you have 6 LI's gaining ixp, and you are awarded 200 ixp from a kill, each LI actually gets 72 ixp (not 100). So, you've earned a total of 432 ixp (not 600).
    Thanks, I had forgotten the real math. It is still true that you gain a lot more iXP total by equipping more LIs. When your "trash" LIs get to a target level, you get relics and XP runes for deconstructing them, and you can put those runes into your "main" LIs.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>