We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Game of Riddles

Hybrid View

Game of Riddles

I´d like to propose a new riddle-game (with the leave of the merited riddlers).

New or new.. I would like these riddles be more of the style like Bilbos and Gollums riddles. I would also like to have the riddles restricted to riddles wich reasonably could be asked by hobbits, dragons or other riddling people in Middle-Earth by..say the late third age. I´d be glad to hear other suggestions of rules if you would find them needed.

Otherwise, same rules as in the word-trivias; correct answer gains the riddle-stick

I´ll post an example/first riddle:

Day-time filled with flesh and bone
    Night-time empty gapes
    Last edited by EddieMuerto; Jan 09 2014 at 04:24 PM.

If we doesn't answer does it eats us precioussss?
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    If we doesn't answer does it eats us precioussss?
    We doesssssnt

Just to be clear, the answers will be something from:

The Silmarillion
    The Hobbit
    The Lord Of The Rings
    The Adventures Of Tom Bombadill
    The Children Of Hurin

as listed in the original rules yes?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Just to be clear, the answers will be something from:

The Silmarillion
    The Hobbit
    The Lord Of The Rings
    The Adventures Of Tom Bombadill
    The Children Of Hurin

as listed in the original rules yes?
    I think it is a matter of whether it is a Tolkien trivia game or a riddle game. If it is a Tolkien trivia game, then we have traditionally limited ourselves to the mainstream published works. If it is a riddle game then the question of source material doesn't really apply. I got the sense that EddieMuerto was proposing a riddle game with freeform answers. E.g., the riddle game from The Hobbit included answers like eggs, time and darkness.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Vilnas View Post
    I think it is a matter of whether it is a Tolkien trivia game or a riddle game. If it is a Tolkien trivia game, then we have traditionally limited ourselves to the mainstream published works. If it is a riddle game then the question of source material doesn't really apply. I got the sense that EddieMuerto was proposing a riddle game with freeform answers. E.g., the riddle game from The Hobbit included answers like eggs, time and darkness.
    Right. I was also wondering what Eddie had in mind. Are the answers limited to something from the works or more open as in the style of the game played in the Hobbit.

What say you Eddie?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    Day-time filled with flesh and bone
    Night-time empty gapes
    If you had it reversed ("Night-time filled with flesh and bone; Day-time empty gapes") I would have said "bed" and felt good about my answer. As it is I am struggling to narrow the playing field as it were. How about "shoes"? I am sure that is not what you have in mind, as it is really just one of many potential examples of the general concept of things filled with flesh and bone by day, but empty by night.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]