We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

2A Emblem or Weapon?

My captain just finished the epic line through HD and got his Tarnished symbol. Back in the day it seemed to be a no brainer that captains' first 2A item (or 1A item in Moria) would be a buff stick, then an emblem, then a weapon. With buff sticks no longer needed, I assume an emblem is the best option?

I have a 3A emblem that naturally leveled to have 5 pool A legacies! I'm wondering how much difference there is in the tac heal rating on a 2A vs 3A? Also, how many more legendary points do 2A's have? Not sure if I want to gamble my symbol on trying to get a "better" emblem than the one I have or if I should shoot for a 2H weapon?

Since I'm mostly soloing and not going blue-line, I plan on swapping out Valiant Strike for Melee Skills Healing (hence disabled leveling at 59).
    Officer in Windfola's House of Blackrock: a great, casual kin of people who play a lot. [url]http://hobonline.org[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by BlancoFallowhide View Post
    My captain just finished the epic line through HD and got his Tarnished symbol. Back in the day it seemed to be a no brainer that captains' first 2A item (or 1A item in Moria) would be a buff stick, then an emblem, then a weapon. With buff sticks no longer needed, I assume an emblem is the best option?

I have a 3A emblem that naturally leveled to have 5 pool A legacies! I'm wondering how much difference there is in the tac heal rating on a 2A vs 3A? Also, how many more legendary points do 2A's have? Not sure if I want to gamble my symbol on trying to get a "better" emblem than the one I have or if I should shoot for a 2H weapon?

Since I'm mostly soloing and not going blue-line, I plan on swapping out Valiant Strike for Melee Skills Healing (hence disabled leveling at 59).
    That emblems looks fine, so you may want to look for a 2nd age weapon first. 2nd agers can get up to 750 points for spending on legacies.

I suggest you scrap Rallying Cry healing for Melee healing. I'm 99% sure Valiant Strike heals more than Rallying Cry does when you consider the HoTs as well, so you'd get more from boosting Valiant Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    I suggest you scrap Rallying Cry healing for Melee healing. I'm 99% sure Valiant Strike heals more than Rallying Cry does when you consider the HoTs as well, so you'd get more from boosting Valiant Strike.
    Does Valiant Strike Morale Return now boost the hots as well? I was under the impression it was only the initial heal that was improved by the legacy.

I personally like Rallying Cry legacy on any type of an emblem, for any spec. Melee Healing - and even more so Valiant Strike - becomes noticeable only in Hands of Healing spec. We do not know what build the topic starter is using most and whether this emblem is going to be the only one for a while. If it is an universal emblem, I would keep it as it is since he will replace it with a 2nd age pretty soon. If it is a healing emblem, I would rather suggest replacing Sure Strike Damage with the Melee Healing legacy. In the HoH spec Rallying Cry gets the power restoration and watching how some classes run out of power now, I would keep RC healing for the healing build for the additional power restore as well.

As for the main question, I would also recommend to go for a 2nd age weapon now, since the emblem is quite nice and tactical healing rating is just a few points lower than on the 2nd age emblem.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Kadarka - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

But you can cast RC twice as often as VS. And more importantly, if you want the emblem to be useful for all trait lines, RC heals works for red/yellow and VS isn't there. So for the other lines, it is RC vs Inspire. Just a thought. I'm also not sold on Sure Strike damage for a general purpose emblem, but OK...

Lol, I managed to misread OPs last sentence so thought he meant blueline >_< Keeping Rallying Cry is indeed a lot more general purpose.

As for using Rallying Cry twice that is true, but Valiant Strike still heals more. My Rallying cry does about 1250-1750 + 87-125 * 5 (total about 2100 morale in average) where my Valiant Strike is 650-925 + 9*491 for an average of over 5000, so even 2 Rallying Cries is still weaker than 1 Valiant Strike. Of course, this is only a useful comparison if you're using HoH as your main line.

As for Sure Strike I've eliminated that legacy from my emblems (even my DPS emblem), it is a good bonus for a skill with a very low cooldown, but I don't use it every 3 seconds and it doesn't do much damage (which is why I don't use it so much :P), so the damage contribution from Sure Strike is quite low.

Thanks for the input everybody! I took the advice and made a 2A Halberd which turned out great. It naturally ID'd 4 Pool A legacies at nice tiers! I look into a starlit crystal for the 3A emblem to beef it up compared to a 2A.
    Officer in Windfola's House of Blackrock: a great, casual kin of people who play a lot. [url]http://hobonline.org[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by BlancoFallowhide View Post
    Thanks for the input everybody! I took the advice and made a 2A Halberd which turned out great. It naturally ID'd 4 Pool A legacies at nice tiers! I look into a starlit crystal for the 3A emblem to beef it up compared to a 2A.
    Another thought particularly if you are using a third age is to use a stat legacy. Points are in short supply, and might or fate legacy is nice with no investment.