We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Edit: Do you honestly think the majority of burgs/reavers/wargs are using this exploit? really?
    Majority is probably a bit much, considering the amount of low ranked clueless players. With higher ranked players, yes I do. Do I think those players use them all the time? No, not even remotely. It is so easy to figure out and with all the glff/ooc spamming about it most have done so.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Majority is probably a bit much, considering the amount of low ranked clueless players. With higher ranked players, yes I do. Do I think those players use them all the time? No, not even remotely. It is so easy to figure out and with all the glff/ooc spamming about it most have done so.
    This only remotely makes sense if you are assuming that every mention of someone exploiting in glff is actually true. There are just as many people without a clue on freepside, and you should take anything said by a mob of people in a public chat channel with a huge grain of salt.

I remember the burg and RK exploit, and there were a lot of false accusations and confusion over that as well. Really no one should be getting any discipline against them without a screenshot that proves the exploit was used. It's very easy to tell when you know what you're looking for.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    This only remotely makes sense if you are assuming that every mention of someone exploiting in glff is actually true. There are just as many people without a clue on freepside, and you should take anything said by a mob of people in a public chat channel with a huge grain of salt.
    I have never taken anything said in /glff as fact. Its worse than internet forums. Also, keep in mind the number of high rank players per server greatly differs. I have never had my chat time stamp on any of my toons before HD. Its on all of them now, and my opinion is based solely on MY combat logs.

When a reaver hits me 6 time in 1 sec with orc-craft damage type skills with most of those applying a bleed I'm gunna call that an exploit. Yet, Ill ss the same reaver 10 more times and never see it again. I will say, on FF, I have yet to see a warg use them. How about a reaver that puts 12+ orc-craft damage skills up in 3-4s without any auto-attack? I don't "call-out" anyone because in the end I cant be 100% sure, but I can be pretty sure.

EDIT: A burg hitting me 8 times in one second with cunning attack AND never coming out of stealth? I'm calling that an exploit.
    Last edited by doug01; Jan 10 2014 at 02:47 PM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    EDIT: A burg hitting me 8 times in one second with cunning attack AND never coming out of stealth? I'm calling that an exploit.
    Crybaby.

I'm thinking about setting up a macro - non-exploit version - where I do the following:

Pounce
    Beastial Claw
    Pot Fear
    Pot Stun
    Pot Root
    HIPS
    Sprint
    Pot Heal

I figure with that I've got about a 50% chance to escape - I'll still die from the bleeds but the best I can do at this point is hide my corpse really well.

Anyways, I've never liked the mechanic where the attacks from stealth don't appear in the combat log.
    I can add up the damage from a burglar attack and have it total half of my morale - with the rest of it missing.
    Frankly, I wonder about the accuracy of the combat logs.

Incidentally, last night I took 3 additional attacks from a ranged tactical nOOker after hitting HIPS.

Recently, the HIPS skill has been like playing peekaboo with a baby.
    Where is the wargie?
    There he is!
    Where is the wargie?
    There he is!

The warg isn't actually invisible but we all like to pretend anyways....

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    I remember the burg and RK exploit, and there were a lot of false accusations and confusion over that as well. Really no one should be getting any discipline against them without a screenshot that proves the exploit was used. It's very easy to tell when you know what you're looking for.
    Okay, I know you agree here, but why does this even have to be reported?
    Isn't it possible to code something that says "If 10 attacks fire in 3 seconds than autoban player X"?

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuddlepaws View Post
    Okay, I know you agree here, but why does this even have to be reported?
    Isn't it possible to code something that says "If 10 attacks fire in 3 seconds than autoban player X"?

Seriously.
    Possible? Perhaps, but for that amount of work and cost I'd rather they use the resources to try to fix the underlying issue.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

Even my Signature is trolling!

Incidentally, last night I took 3 additional attacks from a ranged tactical nOOker after hitting HIPS.
    Might have been bleeds from EC.

@Morteth: just stop breaking the lore please.... magical electrical weirdo in a robe... geez

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    Might have been bleeds from EC.
    You might be right about that.
    I know for at least 3 years now I've been thinking, "Jeez, EC is kind of lame... they should add a couple of instant bleeds to that skill."

You might be right about that.
    I know for at least 3 years now I've been thinking, "Jeez, EC is kind of lame... they should add a couple of instant bleeds to that skill."

Literal laugh out loud, nicely done.

@Morteth: just stop breaking the lore please.... magical electrical weirdo in a robe... geez

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    Well, the in-game team is an odd bunch for sure... I once was threatened by a +person that if I didn't stop report exploiters I would get an official warning (I think his exact wording was "If you do not immideately stop reporting people for exploiting you will get an official warning and a possible ban on your account"... this was while following the instructions given in said reports to the letter, even offering to provide videos and screenshots). After that I've just stopped reporting since that response, to me at least, shows how much they care about it.
    By the way, this was the bridge bug so it was fairly obvious to ANYONE with a monitor to check who was exploiting. A friend of mine got a shorter ban and a stern warning for submitting multiple reports for the same player for the same thign as well as some other things.

So to sum it up, don't report people or you might get banned.
    Good times.

~~~~~

Sent ticket with links to screenshots showing exploiting, nothing changed.
    Shakuru scored a devastating hit on Retarius for 8,094 Scottish damage to morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Limmy View Post
    Good times.

~~~~~

Sent ticket with links to screenshots showing exploiting, nothing changed.
    As fun as it is to bash Turbine on their own forums I've found that they do ban people.
    Reported a player rank farming on Firefoot and got some others to report the player as well and the player is gone.

If you are quiet and report while the exploit is being used and the GM can get there in time to see it happening I think that is when the banning occurs.

Frankly, I wouldn't ban based on a screenshot as they can be edited.
    I could create alternate characters on other servers (using the names of people I don't like on my server), catch screen shots of the alternate character cheating and pretend it came from my home server.

Screenshots are proof of NOTHING.

So don't call out a cheater in OOC.
    Report the player along with a couple of other close friends while the person is currently cheating.
    Go ahead and let the exploiter do his thing on you repeatedly to increase the chances of a GM seeing it happen.
    It works.

As fun as it is to bash Turbine on their own forums I've found that they do ban people.
    Reported a player rank farming on Firefoot and got some others to report the player as well and the player is gone.

If you are quiet and report while the exploit is being used and the GM can get there in time to see it happening I think that is when the banning occurs.

I could create alternate characters on other servers (using the names of people I don't like on my server), catch screen shots of the alternate character cheating and pretend it came from my home server.

Report the player along with a couple of other close friends while the person is currently cheating.
    Go ahead and let the exploiter do his thing on you repeatedly to increase the chances of a GM seeing it happen.
    It works.
    He exploited all night, after 3 people reported him, and the night after that. As well as making a post on the forum admitting it. He is not banned.
    Shakuru scored a devastating hit on Retarius for 8,094 Scottish damage to morale.

Recently, the HIPS skill has been like playing peekaboo with a baby.
    Where is the wargie?
    There he is!
    Where is the wargie?
    There he is!

The warg isn't actually invisible but we all like to pretend anyways....

I probably enjoyed reading this more than I should have.

It works.
    This would be valid advice if turbine actually had a means to tell who is exploiting and who isn't. and apparently they don't so the point is rather moot.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Draithenz1971 View Post
    Though I have seen a whole creep Raid combat log when they were running.
    No you haven't. You have to stand still to log off. You can't log off while moving. You did not see a creep raid log off en masse while running.

Quote Originally Posted by Draithenz1971 View Post
    Though I did feel for the Auto flip a few days back when 10+ Creeps were standing in it.
    Also didn't happen. Keeps don't flip when there's someone in it.

Keep making stuff up though, it's almost as entertaining as your contention that creeps are overpowered vs freeps and always have been.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    No you haven't. You have to stand still to log off. You can't log off while moving. You did not see a creep raid log off en masse while running.
    To be fair you can hit auto-run then just Alt + F4 or type /exit.
    Only way i know you can log while running
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post

Also didn't happen. Keeps don't flip when there's someone in it.

Keep making stuff up though, it's almost as entertaining as your contention that creeps are overpowered vs freeps and always have been.
    I did forget to say it was Lug Rez. No less than Creeps who keep crying Freeps are OP as Creeps try to get our Guards nerfed.. Tough 4 to 6 Freeps beating on a creep to get a kill seems to me there OP. lol
    Last edited by Draithenz1971; Jan 11 2014 at 12:37 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000264409/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    To be fair you can hit auto-run then just Alt + F4 or type /exit.
    Only way i know you can log while running
    All I know is we were chasing them and they combat logged on the others side of the river from Lug rez. Not sure what they did. All I know is they went poof.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000264409/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

It all comes to an end soon so get over it.

The Devs have been well aware of the 'dps' implementation of immediate skills for some time. My guess is they forgot about the trait for eye rake that drops the cooldown down to 3s when they dropped the base cd.
    Here is the failure of your logic. In the above example, you mention a cd time of three seconds. When we see five to six skills going off all at the same time frame to the second, that is exploiting and creeps are getting caught and reported. When a freep cuts and pastes thier combat log and sends it to a GM, it is the proof of the exploit. This is where it is a violation of CoC.

Bottom line is enjoy the exploit now because players that use macros will be brought back down to what they are, mediocre plays that have to find a way to cheat to make themselves better.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#a52a2a]I want my signature panel back[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Daeranoth View Post
    Here is the failure of your logic. In the above example, you mention a cd time of three seconds. When we see five to six skills going off all at the same time frame to the second, that is exploiting and creeps are getting caught and reported. When a freep cuts and pastes thier combat log and sends it to a GM, it is the proof of the exploit. This is where it is a violation of CoC.

Bottom line is enjoy the exploit now because players that use macros will be brought back down to what they are, mediocre plays that have to find a way to cheat to make themselves better.
    If you are being hit by 5 or 6 different skills in the same second from a single opponent you are the subject of an exploit. When I land 3 skills in 1.5 seconds on the other hand, it isn't an exploit.

My warden supposedly had reports filed against it for 'macro-exploiting' the other day... This is the class without a single immediate skill, and exactly 1 fast skill, thus making it completely unable to do any form of macro-ed fast skill exploit. Yet because i simply do more damage than my opponent is comfortable taking (on either creep or freep side) the natural assumption currently is that I'm running some sort of 'macro exploit'.

I'm not even that great at warg, here's a nice vid of a relatively lag free encounter I had on the day I got an official warning for 'exploiting'. Note all the times I fire 6 skill macros in under 1s... Most encounters would look similar to this (from my skill output, not necessarily damage taken) unless lag was rearing its ugly head.

(also note, I'm not accusing the freep in this vid of reporting me, it just has some of the clearer examples of the skill patterns that give bursts of damage ignorant people are filing reports over.)

the :06, :11, and :16 marks are examples of basic competence with skill>eye rake>skill for 3 hits in fast succession in a non-exploitative manner.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

I was going to start a thread on a similar topic with a very different perspective.

First and foremost, the various 'macro' 'fast skill' exploits, and combat loggging, and bugging 1-shots, and permanent damage immunity, and the host of other exploitable bugs do indeed need to be addressed.

However, as someone who has never used ANY exploits on a pvp or pve opponent (heck, I relog my warden every time I get the range bug) and has made some serious attempts to raise awareness and offer insight into how some of them work with the Devs, it was rather troubling getting the following sent to me today while creeping:

no subsequent tells were responded to, either.

So a few questions in this regard. I'm of the understanding that SOME of the exploits currently prevalent in the moors are being looked at including the one I've apparently been warned against using, though I have no idea when any potential patches or fixes can be expected.

Is anything being done to ensure that GMs can actually tell if an exploit is being used?
    Should I be concerned about actions being taken against my account for simply playing the game as it was designed and intended, WITHOUT use of any 'macros' or other forms of exploits?

Me and my friend got the same treatment. Someone (i actually know now who he was) reported us. Both got ticketted, no answer from gm.
    both sent sapience pm's no answer yet. Made a topic about it, got trolled, laughed at and called a macro cheater. All this only to get an infraction. Like you probably will get. Fair?

After having a closer look, could be even the same gm in all 3 of our cases.
    Last edited by Faildget; Jan 14 2014 at 09:10 AM.
    [CENTER][URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoKDhkNsAnlzBsy-vyzuJiA"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EJbrcnu.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="#FF0000"]The original Valdez[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    Me and my friend got the same treatment. Someone (i actually know now who he was) reported us. Both got ticketted, no answer from gm.
    both sent sapience pm's no answer yet. Made a topic about it, got trolled, laughed at and called a macro cheater. All this only to get an infraction. Like you probably will get. Fair?

After having a closer look, could be even the same gm in all 3 of our cases.
    Yep, it looks like GMs are just taking reports from vindictive or paranoid people to be the truth, without actually checking whether it is true. Very professional.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Turbine does like it's exploiters...always has. Amusing, but not unsurprising, that now they're letting the exploiters abuse the reporting mechanism by filing false reports against people they don't like and giving warnings to honest players.

So, i have learned that thers now total of 5 CoC tickets revieved from diffirent people on diffirent servers. All from the same GM.
    [CENTER][URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoKDhkNsAnlzBsy-vyzuJiA"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EJbrcnu.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="#FF0000"]The original Valdez[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    Sad truth from seeing GLFF (unsubbed so I can't see OOC) but the majority of freeps do falsely accuse a large majority of the creep population of "exploiting". I truthfully think 99% of the freep population have no idea what is the actual exploit let alone how it functions.
    Can someone explain to me what the exploit really is? I'm a seasoned LOTRO player, but when it comes to problems with exploits/macro'ing I draw a blank. To be honest, I don't quite understand what a macro is as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast