We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Increasing number of exploiters

More people exploiting each day. Today on Eldar a cappie was in DG tyrant room for hours trying to solo the tyrant and take the relic. Each time he was attacked by creeps and looked like he would die, he simply logged off in combat to avoid death. As I said, this was going on for hours. Numerous tickets closed, no action taken. Macro-exploiters; yellow traited cappies deliberately bugging 1-shotters at grams to turn them against creeps. Many, many tickets, all of the players involved still playing.

Subscription cancelled today. I have had enough.

Big Elder Scrolls Online beta this weekend...

And every automated response ends with "Thank you for helping us maintain a great community", or something like that. Oh irony.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

From the Armour bug in SOA Book 9 to the keep flag being flippable without the CG/tyrant being dead to the warleader invulnerability bug, Turbine has shown that they WILL NOT hotfix for PVMP issues.

I'm not sure what the issue is with the one-shotters, but I'd look for a change to the logout process which requires a non-combat state in the next patch. Until then, keep waiting for that cap to log back in
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffd700]Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]AKA: Yargax of Pouncing Pwny[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

I was going to start a thread on a similar topic with a very different perspective.

First and foremost, the various 'macro' 'fast skill' exploits, and combat loggging, and bugging 1-shots, and permanent damage immunity, and the host of other exploitable bugs do indeed need to be addressed.

However, as someone who has never used ANY exploits on a pvp or pve opponent (heck, I relog my warden every time I get the range bug) and has made some serious attempts to raise awareness and offer insight into how some of them work with the Devs, it was rather troubling getting the following sent to me today while creeping:

no subsequent tells were responded to, either.

So a few questions in this regard. I'm of the understanding that SOME of the exploits currently prevalent in the moors are being looked at including the one I've apparently been warned against using, though I have no idea when any potential patches or fixes can be expected.

Is anything being done to ensure that GMs can actually tell if an exploit is being used?
    Should I be concerned about actions being taken against my account for simply playing the game as it was designed and intended, WITHOUT use of any 'macros' or other forms of exploits?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

I was retired for 2 years and came back with HD release mainly for friends that still play the game, but also to see how things are.

PvE side of view, things were not just terrible. It felt like a mini game for 10 year old kids that know only how to kill trash mobs. Going in on t2 instances or t2 challenge mode lvl cap raids, and facerolling everything with healer or tank being completelly optional. Other than that no end game content at all. Got the best gear available in 1 week after I lvl'ed 95 and after that no reason to do PvE.

PvP side of view, terrible class ballance (worst ever in my opinion), some game-breaking cooldowns, unscaled major things (creep morale- creep ooc regen, freep npc damage or npc's in general), 10s logout timer, and massive access to exploits on both sides.

Sorry Turbine but I won't pay you anymore when you don't even bother finishing a product before you release it on the market.

Cyas!
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Reported many freeps few months ago with screens of exploiting and everything, and not one is banned.

I'd also like to mention the insane lagg spikes that have appared since last update, i lagg about every 6nd or 10th second which makes it impossible to stay in melee range.

Sorry to say but i have a hard time even bothering logging in, even more so since it's quite death even on BW now. Ruined game

I thought it was well known that Turbine doesn't care about exploiters?

They care more about people creating multiple forum accounts and repping themselves than they do exploiters and multiboxers in their PVP area.

As a pre-emptive strike on the infraction being lobbed at me, I just want to say the truth is (or should be) a defense against infractions.

If that doesn't work, I'm bubbling up and sprinting.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    trash

A reliable source tells me you were 'testing' the exploit out at the time of report. GET BUSTED then come cry about it on the forums, my friend.
    Those who can exploit and get away with it, do. Those who can't, are in ANV

Does this mean I've been re-excommunicated from the alliance?
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

In 4 moves.

Wait...that's a different forum theme.

Confirmation that he was exploiting at the time.

I knew this would be as much of a problem as the "exploits" themselves.. freeps crying wolf about any creep who has high burst damage as an exploiter. I've seen several wargs have higher dps than I do, who don't use macros or exploits. The false accusations are troubling, and the harassment of players who are being accused is pretty much out of control. Nothing is being done about harassment, false accusations, or the exploits... seems as though they care more about BS like the winter fest than anything else. Last I thought people didn't have to pay extra for the festivals, but they do for pvp.. perhaps you should address the issues of your paying customers rather than garbage festivals and emotes.
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

Well, the in-game team is an odd bunch for sure... I once was threatened by a +person that if I didn't stop report exploiters I would get an official warning (I think his exact wording was "If you do not immideately stop reporting people for exploiting you will get an official warning and a possible ban on your account"... this was while following the instructions given in said reports to the letter, even offering to provide videos and screenshots). After that I've just stopped reporting since that response, to me at least, shows how much they care about it.
    By the way, this was the bridge bug so it was fairly obvious to ANYONE with a monitor to check who was exploiting. A friend of mine got a shorter ban and a stern warning for submitting multiple reports for the same player for the same thign as well as some other things.

So to sum it up, don't report people or you might get banned.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I was going to start a thread on a similar topic with a very different perspective.

First and foremost, the various 'macro' 'fast skill' exploits, and combat loggging, and bugging 1-shots, and permanent damage immunity, and the host of other exploitable bugs do indeed need to be addressed.

However, as someone who has never used ANY exploits on a pvp or pve opponent (heck, I relog my warden every time I get the range bug) and has made some serious attempts to raise awareness and offer insight into how some of them work with the Devs, it was rather troubling getting the following sent to me today while creeping:

no subsequent tells were responded to, either.

So a few questions in this regard. I'm of the understanding that SOME of the exploits currently prevalent in the moors are being looked at including the one I've apparently been warned against using, though I have no idea when any potential patches or fixes can be expected.

Is anything being done to ensure that GMs can actually tell if an exploit is being used?
    Should I be concerned about actions being taken against my account for simply playing the game as it was designed and intended, WITHOUT use of any 'macros' or other forms of exploits?
    If it's any consolation, Pounces... I think we've met several times in the brandy moors (or there's another warg with your same name who likes to gank me). I actually enjoy finding you because other than doing normal warg-y things like hipsing and calling in your pack .. not to be taken as an insult... you're generally a straight up fight.
    Last edited by Gromit1710; Jan 09 2014 at 07:04 PM.
    Borgorid of Brandywine - Leithiani Officer
    r11 - Champ , r8 - Mini, r6 - Burg , r6 - Warg

Quote Originally Posted by SongSinger View Post
    More people exploiting each day. Today on Eldar a cappie was in DG tyrant room for hours trying to solo the tyrant and take the relic. Each time he was attacked by creeps and looked like he would die, he simply logged off in combat to avoid death. As I said, this was going on for hours. Numerous tickets closed, no action taken. Macro-exploiters; yellow traited cappies deliberately bugging 1-shotters at grams to turn them against creeps. Many, many tickets, all of the players involved still playing.

Subscription cancelled today. I have had enough.

Big Elder Scrolls Online beta this weekend...
    I never seen this happen with the grams one shotters, Though I have seen a whole creep Raid combat log when they were running. So I am sure there are Freeps who do the same. Though I did feel for the Auto flip a few days back when 10+ Creeps were standing in it. Yet that was until the 20+ ran me over and Corps jumped me a few times. That feeling went away. lmao

Macros with Wargs and Burgs is a issue mentioned by all. As we need our Hunters to be able to track a warg in stealth again to make this harder to abuse. Warg stealth hits, uses macros the hip and runs if they can't get an auto kill.

I have read some say something about yellow traited Cappies but dismiss it as they complain about Guardians in Creep side.

(( seems as though they care more about BS like the winter fest than anything else. Last I thought people didn't have to pay extra for the festivals, but they do for pvp.. perhaps you should address the issues of your paying customers rather than garbage festivals and emotes.))

I agree with this part.
    Last edited by Draithenz1971; Jan 09 2014 at 07:09 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000264409/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit1710 View Post
    you're generally a straight up fight.
    Macro exploiting is 'straight up'? My Alliance and the GM disagrees, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLove View Post
    Macro exploiting is 'straight up'? My Alliance and the GM disagrees, my friend.
    If he's done to me in a fight, Either it was a fail or I haven't noticed.
    Borgorid of Brandywine - Leithiani Officer
    r11 - Champ , r8 - Mini, r6 - Burg , r6 - Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit1710 View Post
    If he's done to me in a fight, Either it was a fail or I haven't noticed.
    Fail and Desolates come hand in hand, my friend.

Considering the screenshots, and people I know who have been banned who have/haven't exploited. The GM's only respond to volume of reports, and have no actual way to verify said macro's. Unsurprising, really.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Too often people report others for what they THINK is macro exploiting... as in "I die too quickly, they must be exploiting"-logic
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    Too often people report others for what they THINK is macro exploiting... as in "I die too quickly, they must be exploiting"-logic
    Common Problem these days. Reading the freep chat EVERY Warg and Reaver has definitely to be a macroexploiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Draithenz1971 View Post
    Though I have seen a whole creep Raid combat log when they were running.
    Does anyone even read the #### this guy writes? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin76 View Post
    Common Problem these days. Reading the freep chat EVERY Warg and Reaver has definitely to be a macroexploiter.

Well, they are supposedly working on a fix for the exploit (who knows for sure). Assuming they actually do fix it Ill bet you the majority (<--and I mean majority) of burgs/reavers/wargs will see some level of a decease in DPS. How much will depend on how many skills they were 'exploiting'. As shown above, they issue warnings first. This just makes most exploiters reduce the number of skills they are exploiting with. When you're hitting with 5-6 non-bleeds a second it's defiantly an exploit, but how about when you adjust your 'macro" to exploit 2-3 skills? It's not an all or nothing situation with the exploit.

Also, When players are using fast skills->immediate skill combos to truncate animations and delays for multiple skills multiple times per second they think its just a "good rotation". It may not be a true exploit, but I highly doubt that the Devs intended for those animation to be cut short or else they would have never put them there in the first place.
    Last edited by doug01; Jan 10 2014 at 11:05 AM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Well, they are supposedly working on a fix for the exploit (who knows for sure). Assuming they actually do fix it Ill bet you the majority (<--and I mean majority) of burgs/reavers/wargs will see some level of a decease in DPS. How much will depend on how many skills they were 'exploiting'. As shown above, they issue warnings first. This just makes most exploiters reduce the number of skills they are exploiting with. When you're hitting with 5-6 non-bleeds a second it's defiantly an exploit, but how about when you adjust your 'macro" to exploit 2-3 skills? It's not an all or nothing situation with the exploit.

Also, When players are using fast skills->immediate skill combos to truncate animations and delays for multiple skills multiple times per second they think its just a "good rotation". It may not be a true exploit, but I highly doubt that the Devs intended for those animation to be cut short or else they would have never put them there in the first place.
    The Devs have been well aware of the 'dps' implementation of immediate skills for some time. My guess is they forgot about the trait for eye rake that drops the cooldown down to 3s when they dropped the base cd. You can find their commentary on immediate skills playing a role in dps back when they changed the cooldown on some of these skills in early RoR.

I made a rather lengthy post in the eye rake thread on the topic. If eye rake is brought back to 8-10s cd range (and of course the fast skill exploit gets fixed) dps will certainly be hurt, but its not as bad as some people think will be the case. If the 'fix' to the fast skill exploit is to remove fast skills and return everything to normal speed for instance, that would do far more to reduce warg/reaver/burg dps than reducing the eye rake cooldown.

Edit: Do you honestly think the majority of burgs/reavers/wargs are using this exploit? really?
    Last edited by spelunker; Jan 10 2014 at 11:37 AM.

Edit: Do you honestly think the majority of burgs/reavers/wargs are using this exploit? really?
    Sad truth from seeing GLFF (unsubbed so I can't see OOC) but the majority of freeps do falsely accuse a large majority of the creep population of "exploiting". I truthfully think 99% of the freep population have no idea what is the actual exploit let alone how it functions. I've had freeps accuse me of exploiting when I had 20 skills in 7.5seconds. When 8 were autoattacks 2 were DOT ticks, and 3 were a doubled EG hit (one for damage one for the interrupt). That's 7 keyed skills in 7.5 seconds. If this is an exploit then all wargs are doomed to be banned for "exploiting". Freep ignorance doesn't excuse false accusations.
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast