We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: QK vs Gambler

QK vs Gambler

Hi,
    Lvl 32 solo questing/leveling. Quiet Knife or Gambler.

Your thoughts & recommendations, pros/cons after the latest changes please?

Gambler is probably more universal on lvl 32 since it will give you Bob and Weave. You probably dont have enough points to get Relish battle in red line yet. But if you dont have any struggle in survival, its always an option to go red and make things go faster.
    Naius - Burglar of Withywindle
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uYwngjXZI[/url]

RockX is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    As a heads-up, the potency of Bob and Weave is getting reduced for 12.2. It'll be more comparable to Relish Battle in potency now. Bob and Weave can trigger more often, but isn't as powerful, compared to where Bob and Weave was almost as strong as Relish Battle with double the up-time.

Quote Originally Posted by RockX View Post
    As a heads-up, the potency of Bob and Weave is getting reduced for 12.2. It'll be more comparable to Relish Battle in potency now. Bob and Weave can trigger more often, but isn't as powerful, compared to where Bob and Weave was almost as strong as Relish Battle with double the up-time.
    Dangit.

Sooo.. can we expect a "Self Healing Modifier Legacy" to help up the potency a touch?
    Pretty please?

And what else do you have in store for Burgs? I hope it's not all "reductions in potency".

On a related/unrelated note.. I'd also like to see skill tooltips include the current Gamble chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstwaddle View Post
    Sooo.. can we expect a "Self Healing Modifier Legacy" to help up the potency a touch?
    Pretty please?
    ... and just add it to the current pool? I don't want to loose the Gamble Chance legacy!
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    ... and just add it to the current pool? I don't want to loose the Gamble Chance legacy!
    Exactly! And seconded!

How long is the bob and weave trigger cd in 12.2 ?
    [color=green][Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin][/color]
    [color=red]Member of Puliveivarit[/color]
    [color=green]I was a corner survivor[/color]

That seems fair enough. As is, Bob and Weave was a little too powerful imho. I just wonder if this will tip the scale towards QK again. As is, I feel those two trait lines are about even. You can be successful in both....however not having Knives Out in Gambler is a big disadvantage in my mind (at least in the moors). I am willing to wait and see and play it out
    [img]http://s27.postimg.org/f3aqzcrlv/abcd.jpg[/img]

Go Gambler.

Just stack some Dots and go for the next mob while the first dies, and you can do as fast as QK if not faster than it! Plus having the self-heal.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

I'll give gambler a shot.

I have played both Gambler and QK..

I see it like this:

Gambler - you can do things that some other classes may struggle with, such as 3-man instances, solo. Soloing a tyrant in etten moors etc.. Its a solo stance, or even a support stance. But coming from a PVP perspective, i would find it hard to tier up the bleeds enough to be effective. Your survivability is extremely high though

QK - Less survivability, you can not tank the same bosses you could in Gambler. However, things die extremely fast. I have taken a good skill from Gambler - CA.. and maxed its legacies. A devastate bleed will give you 1.7k damage every 2 seconds.. and you can stack it up to 3x. This does not impact on your overall dps. Keeping FA up means you do 30% more damage too - this does stack with the CA attack. This is my prefered stance in etten moors. its also very quick to level with too, providing you keep FA up

RockX is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    How long is the bob and weave trigger cd in 12.2 ?
    The cool-down is still 5s. The potency of the initial heal and heal over time were reduced.

The cool-down is still 5s. The potency of the initial heal and heal over time were reduced.

are there (tentative) notes for 12.2 somewhere, or did someone just pick that piece of info up through discussion on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Awenir24 View Post
    are there (tentative) notes for 12.2 somewhere, or did someone just pick that piece of info up through discussion on here?
    RockX is the burg dev...pretty sure this info is accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Calisaid View Post
    RockX is the burg dev...pretty sure this info is accurate

I'm not questioning the accuracy, just wondering if there were notes somewhere to read that I'd missed out on.

Gambler is only used by those who still think debuffs are necessary for some reason, god only knows why in this age of face roll. Just get the instance done faster with QK

As for suvivability, the difference is being able to survive 15 mobs or surviving 30, its pretty hard and almost impossible to gather enough mobs to the point where your able to die without gimping yourself with CD's(reset range being the issue)

Those suggesting gambler, can you give a reason why? Outside the odd 1million hp mob kill here and there
    [url=http://postimg.org/image/l3zh8so1j/][img]http://s7.postimg.org/l3zh8so1j/cheeky_fox.jpg[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by iolio1 View Post
    Those suggesting gambler, can you give a reason why? Outside the odd 1million hp mob kill here and there
    The OP was asking a build for a lvl 32 burglar, in that level I feel Gambler is better in every way.

Probably the same damage, better survivability, you still dont have Flashing Blades, no self-heal while in Gambler you already have...

Because it's more fun - to me at least. I have always played in Gambler, just feels more burglarish in my opinion.
    QK is superior in terms of effectiveness in the game's current state of difficulty of course, but I would even suggest to level from 1-95 in Mischief if that's the line one enjoys most.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Gambler is only used by those who still think debuffs are necessary for some reason, god only knows why in this age of face roll. Just get the instance done faster with QK

As for suvivability, the difference is being able to survive 15 mobs or surviving 30, its pretty hard and almost impossible to gather enough mobs to the point where your able to die without gimping yourself with CD's(reset range being the issue)

This is not about instances and end-game.
    I didnt play a low lvl character after since the classes revamp but Id guess that self heal from Bob and Weave is better than no self heal at all. As a low lvl you dont use to have much good equip, you may even lack find footing, ready and able etc. You also dont have crazy high vitality because most of high agi+vit equip is 85-95. And most of all, if you are a beginner, you are still learning and you may do mistakes.. you may accidentaly aggro a group of mobs and in that case Bob and Weave gives you a chance to survive if HiPS is on CD.
    Naius - Burglar of Withywindle
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uYwngjXZI[/url]

Recently re-rolled a burg and I'm finding gambler more fun than QK and I'm pretty sure I kill stuff just as fast. I just feel like I have more buttons to press. But like I said i'm only level 18, so there's a lot more buttons to come for any specialization and therefore i could find QK more fun in 10 more levels. But yeah like a lot of people here said the content is pretty face-roll now so just go with what feels most fun.
    edit: and yeah, QK gets 2 of its "core" skills once you get more trait points, flashing blades and uhh... name of the skill escapes me but it will heal you when you crit, has 10 second cooldown
    Last edited by Eogion; Jan 15 2014 at 06:22 PM.
    Laurelin :: Forgan [Man Champion] :: Conrath [Man Warden] :: Grimolf [Dwarf Runekeeper]

Since they extended the cool down in bob and weave healing, it is literally poop. You probably have more survivability in qk now. Back in the day I used to always go gambler, and now I have realized that qk is the better way to go. If they had kept the bob and weave healing to a 1s cool down, then gambler would live up to my expectations. It's ok if they reduce the heal, but please bring back the 1s cool down instead of 5sec.