We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Epic - Vol. II. Book 3: Chapter 9: We Cannot Get Out. BUGGED

I have attempted this session play over and over again (15 times ATLEAST). My problem isn't like most others, the healing strike and horn moves are GLITCHED and will not work, even after killing enemy after enemy with full fervour! I have submitted multiple bug reports, and Turbine REFUSES to accept support tickets from non-VIP's, I have tried multiple times in game and out. I cannot proceed in the game without completing this quest so this seriously needs to be fixed. PLEASE get a Dev or somebody that can help to see this post.

Finally managed to complete the Session play without the two moves, but still not happy that Turbine refuses to help non-VIP and that it took 3 days to get past one quest.

Quote Originally Posted by StickyIckyZ View Post
    I have attempted this session play over and over again (15 times ATLEAST). My problem isn't like most others, the healing strike and horn moves are GLITCHED and will not work, even after killing enemy after enemy with full fervour! I have submitted multiple bug reports, and Turbine REFUSES to accept support tickets from non-VIP's, I have tried multiple times in game and out. I cannot proceed in the game without completing this quest so this seriously needs to be fixed. PLEASE get a Dev or somebody that can help to see this post.
    I am having this same problem. My wife was able to complete but i can't get those abilities to activate either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001edd29/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by StickyIckyZ View Post
    Finally managed to complete the Session play without the two moves, but still not happy that Turbine refuses to help non-VIP and that it took 3 days to get past one quest.
    I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Turbine isn't acknowledging the issue to ANYONE. Doesn't matter if you are F2p, Lifer, premium or VIP. There are at least 2 other threads devoted to this same subject. This is a doable session play if you employ a bit of patience and skill even though we all know that 2 skills are broken.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

I managed to do it without using the heal ability.
    hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYVJoWssojA

Trapped in a community of cells, commonly referred to as a body, which is located in Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by boudreau30 View Post
    I managed to do it without using the heal ability.
    hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYVJoWssojA
    That video has helped heaps. My heal was not working either and I kept failing at last bit, but following his instructions I was able to finish the quest. Thank you lots and lots, and also the one who made the vid, it's truly grand ^_^
    [center]Farewell Windfola and hiya there Laurelin!
    (even though it means starting out completely anew due to not being able to transfer US/EU wide)
    5 years lotro - and still loving it <3
    [/center]

Bugged Instance: We Cannot Get Out

I've also been having problems with this instance with the skills not activating. I reported the bug and submitted a ticket. I was attempting the instance again, when a gamemaster came in on chat. He completed the instance at his end and I'm all good now. Hope this helps someone. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Quote Originally Posted by JoJosmimi View Post
    I've also been having problems with this instance with the skills not activating. I reported the bug and submitted a ticket. I was attempting the instance again, when a gamemaster came in on chat. He completed the instance at his end and I'm all good now. Hope this helps someone. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
    Greetings folks.

Just remember, at the last boss and his adds, you don't need to kill them. All you need to do is stay alive...so run around and kite them until time expires and you will finish the session/quest.

I ran this quest a few months ago 4 times in a row with 4 of my characters completing each one so it can be done. Yes, the self healing buff was glitched at the time I ran this, but you shouldn't need it.

I do wish Turbine would just fixed this too...and I believe they will in time as they seem to be taking a break from new content and going back and cleaning up the game from glitches and whatever else needs attention....but you should be able to complete this quest in the state that it is in.

At the end boss and his adds, just run and kite...let the time expire and you should be good to go. You don't need to kill them, just survive.

Hope his helps. Good luck.
    [CENTER] “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings [/CENTER]

It's nice to know that GMs are able to progress this, so it must be a known issue - BUT, aren't VIPs the only ones that can contact GMs in game and get support like this? My girlfriend is Premium, and stuck on her main on this exact Epic quest.... while it may not be game breaking so to speak, she likes to complete the Epics on level and finish up zone side quests before moving on. So really, she is kinda stuck!!

AFAIK, as said above, she can't get a GM to progress the quest as she isn't VIP, further to that 'exploiting' the mechanics of the instance to get it to complete as some 'work-a-round' is less than ideal, especially for those that want to do it properly or may be a fairly casual player and not even read forums or use Google to search for why this is happening or how to fix it.

It needs fixing.

In my opinion any EPIC quest that has quite a large bug like this should be priority. Two skills that don't activate is not on. I'm not calling for a hot fix by any means, but if the next regular update comes and we still don't have a fix... when can we expect it?

This has been an issue for a while, even with posts in the main general forum.

Please fix this, it's soooooo...... ANNOYING lol
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    It's nice to know that GMs are able to progress this, so it must be a known issue - BUT, aren't VIPs the only ones that can contact GMs in game and get support like this?
    Nope. Though VIPs have a higher priority when it comes to getting their ticket resolved.

Premium support availability works differently and is based on how much much money you've spent and when you spent it. I still have access to in-game support and I couldn't even tell you when I last spent real money at this point.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

MadeOfLions said on another thread (here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...32#post7099132) that a fix for this Session is in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    I submitted several fixes for that, but you won't see them until the next non-patch update, I think. That session had built up the need for a lot of adjustments over the years.

MoL

Still bugged - I barely made it through but it sure is hard when your skills don't work like they are supposed to (and I have done the quest several times before)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000051800/01007/signature.png]Woegnar[/charsig]

Thank you Starina for the video: i failed twice lacking my horn and my heal but eventually did it doing it just like you showed.

Well, it can be done without the horn and bracing attack.

This is probably one of the 'Instances'/Session Plays that actually presents a challenge, rather than the usually faceroll.

Although not so much a test of skill, but more of a test of kiting ability and manipulation of pathing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000007617a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I did it today with no issues. Some skills are bugged and don't work but no big deal.

Cool

It actually is a big deal (in game terms) if you cannot complete this quest since it halts the epic quest line - and if you are not fortunate enough to having the mobs in the places they need to be so you can kite through you are stuck - I got lucky the second time I tried - but I would much rather have working skills than depend on luck to finish a quest designed for a certain set of skills - ymmv :-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000051800/01007/signature.png]Woegnar[/charsig]

Good news: it is fixed on bullroarer.

I did this instance two times recently on live servers, without any problems. One time with a char who need it for the epic quest. The other just for curiosity using the Chronicle of Events in Rivendell.
    My hint: close the doors.
    Wer Hilfe will, muss Informationen liefern.
    >> Lotro World transfer status <<

Thanks for the update and that is indeed good news - I have 2 characters quickly approaching that quest and was dreading it.