We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some skill deeds for trait points are just too tough

Playing a Minstrel and see that I have to cast Song of Aid 400 times is no problem, but then I see that the skills is buried at tier 6 in the yellow line and it has a 2 minute cooldown. Are you kidding me? Were talking over 13 hours of mind numbing agony. Thought this game was supposed to be fun.

That was bad but this next one is ever worse. Rezzing someone 100 times? I am level 65 and I have never rez'ed anyone. What's the chance of my doing it 100 times??

Come on Turbine. This grinding is just too much. Players that do it will need professional help afterwards and will be burnt out on mmo's for life.

Quote Originally Posted by roclore View Post
    Rezzing someone 100 times? I am level 65 and I have never rez'ed anyone. What's the chance of my doing it 100 times??
    I don't disagree, but that ...or something like that...has been there for minstrels for a loooonnnng time as a skill deed. My original 2007 character is a mini (who I haven't played for 2 years) and I remember just saying I'd never get THAT one. You basically need to: a) be able to get a group, and either b) be a lousy healer or c) have friends who agree to die just so you can rez them. I had c) for about 20 times, but gave up. [edit - and a little bit of b) ]
    Last edited by Occum; Jan 07 2014 at 11:07 PM.

My champion has to use a skill with 5 mins CD 750 times. Consider yourself lucky, you'll eventualy get there.

Whenever someone dies in your small group/fellowship/raid ask them if you can rez them 5 times. Yes it counts.

a) In Breetown, there's a quest chain involving... turtles. Looking for notices posted around the south gate. The final reward is either a 2xSlayer scroll or a 2xClass skill scroll. Get the latter and you can easily finish up Mini's and Cappy's rez class skill deed in one day.

b) Group with someone and have them be defeated. Jumping from high up works, or if you're up to V3, the lava in Rescue in Nurz Gashu will work too. Then, tell them not to accept the rez and you can spam your rez skill on them.

I'd go about it a different way. rather than I need to tick this off asap , this trait point is essential NOW. just have it in the back of your mind each fight to squeeze it in off cooldown. That way you just enjoy playing the game and get your deeds when you get them.

Yeah, there's some real boogers when it comes to class traits. The hunter trap traits come to mind because most hunters have no use for traps and you only use them for the trait.

For the rez deed, it really isn't that bad. Some people do it with a second free to play account, they fellowship with themselves, kill off the little alt somehow and then just rez the snot out of it.

You can do the same thing with several of the healing skills that need to crit. Just fellowship with an alt and heal the boogers out of him. Sadly combat deeds are harder because I think you need to fight something higher than grey color which is hard to find at level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by roclore View Post
    Playing a Minstrel and see that I have to cast Song of Aid 400 times is no problem, but then I see that the skills is buried at tier 6 in the yellow line and it has a 2 minute cooldown. Are you kidding me? Were talking over 13 hours of mind numbing agony. Thought this game was supposed to be fun.

That was bad but this next one is ever worse. Rezzing someone 100 times? I am level 65 and I have never rez'ed anyone. What's the chance of my doing it 100 times??

Come on Turbine. This grinding is just too much. Players that do it will need professional help afterwards and will be burnt out on mmo's for life.
    Enlivening Grace. Obtain a 10 minute class deed accelerator (not slayer accelerator) and have a friend conveniently fall to his death off a flet in Lothlorian right in front of you, or freeze to death in the frigid waters of Forochel. Proceed to rez them 100 times while they refuse the rez. Deed done. Somehow in leveling I always find a class deed accelerator in my bags from something, but I'm sure they're available off the store as well. You just need the 10 minute one because there is no cooldown on your out of combat rez.

There is no hope for Song of Aid. It's really screwed up now.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

The song of aid one used to be doable as you levelled in groups. Now it is a channelled skill, high in a spec that few use and that prevents you healing/fighting during the animation and does 'sweet fanny adams' for us or other classes. It is one skill in the alleged skill bloat that could have been removed with HD, since it wasn't fixed for other class synergy and doesn't open our dps skills anymore.(edit: it is one skill that would be nice at lower levels for the instant BC but as it requires so many points, by the time you get it you would have the instant bc and have the BC legacy on your weapon, no doubt.) Why this uselss skill gates a class point and not CtG or any useful yellow skill, who knows? Our dev certainly hasn't responded to this problem or any others, for that matter....
    Mine reset with HD cause it wasn't complete. So I traited yellow, got a good book, went to Galtrev and spammed on dummy when it was off cd while reading my book for half an hour- then I discovered accidentally you can spam it on yourself out of combat. (shh Don't tell anyone-it may be a bug-but it's a 'good' one.)

So spam it at dummies. Spam it while walking. Spam it while questing. Spam it in instances when it doesn't matter that you can do nothing else.

Still have 180 more to go, though.
    Last edited by Calta; Jan 10 2014 at 01:56 AM.

As others have said, aside from the traiting requirement there are much worse deeds than the Song of Aid thing. They really ought to change that one so that it isn't gated by any trait line - most class deeds I see for other classes I'm leveling are "use skill X, Y, or Z ### times" where X is from that class's blue spec, Y is from red, Z is from yellow. Seems like the most reasonable approach to designing these deeds - requiring a particular spec just annoys the players who don't normally use it. Like pretty much all minstrels in this case.

Rez deeds - getting a kinmate to help out by hopping into an instance with quick access to insta-death worked for me. Mostly Draigoch since I finished mine when the cap was 75. Watcher works too - tried to finish my captain's rez deed before HD though on that server finding a helper was a lot harder. Note, there is no such thing as a captain rez deed anymore, now it's a "crit with valiant strike or inspire 100 times" deed, with past progress on the rez deed counting (I was at 47/100 when HD launched - after over three years playing my captain...).

Working on rez deeds in an instance has the advantage that neither party needs to travel anywhere.

The skill deed accelerator bypassing the daily limit is a nice trick!

For me as a Burglar, the one skill deed I have left at Lvl 95 is the Burgle deed. How many is needed? 750 I think? (EDIT: just 250, my bad) I gave up on Burgle a long time ago as I was leveling up because I never burgled anything worthwhile -- but now I come to find out that I need to start Burgling all over again. I really tried as I was running through W. Rohan, but I can only stealth/sneak/burgle my way though an orc camp so many times before I get bored with the whole routine.
    Last edited by DanteIL; Jan 20 2014 at 09:23 PM.

Wireless Keyboard + Preparing Dinner = 15-30 minutes/day of me occasionally hitting a skill key to level the worst class deeds while doing something else not monotonous.

All classes had a bad class trait grind..

Up until HD, LM had it bad with Frost lore, now it's a piece of cake.

but i'd say, don't worry about the rez skill until you get lvl cap, then go to the moors... plenty of chances out there to use your rez skill.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 8 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

The deed for the rez skill I finished quite quickly. All you need is a friend dying for you 10 times. Play the rez skill on him but he must not accept the rez. This way you can play it over and over until your daily limit is reached.
    The song of aid was something different though. I played it whenever it was possible while playing the game. At some point it was done.
    Last edited by Neumi; Jan 17 2014 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    The deed for the rez skill I finished quite quickly. All you need is a friend dying for you 10 times. Play the rez skill on him but he must not accept the rez. This time you can play it over and over until your daily limit is reached.
    Sounds doable with an alt :P

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    a) In Breetown, there's a quest chain involving... turtles. Looking for notices posted around the south gate. The final reward is either a 2xSlayer scroll or a 2xClass skill scroll. Get the latter and you can easily finish up Mini's and Cappy's rez class skill deed in one day.

b) Group with someone and have them be defeated. Jumping from high up works, or if you're up to V3, the lava in Rescue in Nurz Gashu will work too. Then, tell them not to accept the rez and you can spam your rez skill on them.
    Yes, this is exactly how the developers designed the game to be played. This is nonsense and you know it is. Finding a way around the ridiculous requirements to complete these deeds shouldn't involve players killing themselves or stand somewhere recasting a spell over and over again until their fingers bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by indiramourn View Post
    Yes, this is exactly how the developers designed the game to be played. This is nonsense and you know it is. Finding a way around the ridiculous requirements to complete these deeds shouldn't involve players killing themselves or stand somewhere recasting a spell over and over again until their fingers bleed.
    This is probably why Turbine deliberately made it a part of the post-HD class deeds, because they know that nobody bothered to do the bloody things pre-HD and they are peeved about it so made it compulsary if you want these new skill points to use on another USEFUL skill that you will actually use!

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    This is probably why Turbine deliberately made it a part of the post-HD class deeds, because they know that nobody bothered to do the bloody things pre-HD and they are peeved about it so made it compulsary if you want these new skill points to use on another USEFUL skill that you will actually use!
    So you think the developers have a sadistic streak in their nature? I'll bet it was a management decision since that fits their personalities so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Vhivi View Post
    So you think the developers have a sadistic streak in their nature? I'll bet it was a management decision since that fits their personalities so much better
    I was joking, but it does suit management more than devs if true.

Trait grinding used to be important, but now its a thing of the past.

Now you just use your skills as and when off cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_kun View Post
    Trait grinding used to be important, but now its a thing of the past.

Now you just use your skills as and when off cooldowns.
    It's just the latest part of the game to be dumbed down. Look at the progression of what we have lost as the game has been "simplified" and wonder what is the next item on the list we will lose until the game finally becomes entertinment for the braindead!

These crazy deeds are actually a sham to get people to use more TP and money. You can buy deed accelerators from the lotro store and make these grinds a lot easier. My wallet however is not suffering because i actually like a good grind (May be the reason i played rune scape so many years back, That has got to be the grindiest game on earth. In fact it is so grindy that i doubt most people even do quests in it and that if you go anywhere where grinding is even remotely possible you will find someone grinding).

It's just the latest part of the game to be dumbed down. Look at the progression of what we have lost as the game has been "simplified" and wonder what is the next item on the list we will lose until the game finally becomes entertinment for the braindead!
    I am afraid that at the moment the game is easy even for braindead's. For any challenge at all landscape side in west Rohan i was forced to solo the three giant bosses that have something to do with one quest. The hunter in the CC line is really good for this but not nearly as good as the LM at the moment.

Automatic Deed Completion items from the LOTRO store! - For lazy people who hate doing deeds.

A LOTRO Store Potion that buffs All Stats by 50% (Morale, Power, Masteries, Mitigations, Resistances, B/P/E. etc.) for 24 hours! - All for <100 TP, Ultimate win for PVE and PVP.

An in-built botting system! Now with auto-potting! - No more need to play at all.

Auto-pathing travel! - No more manual navigation. Just click on the map to auto-move to destination, with no crashing into walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_kun View Post

Auto-pathing travel! - No more manual navigation. Just click on the map to auto-move to destination, with no crashing into walls.
    As someone who gets lost every time they go to Michel Delving (and all parts east) I'd buy this!

No more running back and getting lost in every instance in every region in middle earth. Suspect my grouping mates would keep me supplied with it, in fact

Bump above the spam...
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/LeavesOfLaurelin/index/"]Leaves Of Laurelin - Landroval and Laurelin[/URL]
    [URL="http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/index/"]Andúnië - Elven music society - Laurelin & Landroval[/URL]
    Makalaurë, Cotumo, Laurefindë, Witred, and Tulus!
    [/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast