We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Coffee for Hunters & run speed

If I remember correctly, in fleetness stance before HD, coffee would increase a hunter's run speed. Last night I tried a coffee and it had no effect on my run speed. Anyone else know about this or have any comments?

There is a maximum run speed for Hunters. I think it is 15%. No additional run speed buff affect you after you reach 15%.
    Quit yelling at the echo to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by indiramourn View Post
    There is a maximum run speed for Hunters. I think it is 15%. No additional run speed buff affect you after you reach 15%.
    That's wrong. In Isengard prison, the slop bucket and buff from killing a surly guard stack giving you a +100% run speed boost.

It's just that the Hunter speed boost and the coffee don't stack.

A Hunters Find the Path speed is capped at +31%

Find the Path Base skill = +15%
    Huntsman Line Trait = +10%
    LI Find the Path Legacy = +6%

Any other run speed buffs are negated as, according to tooltip, "There is already a speed buff in effect"
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Actually, I found that using the +10% run speed accelerator (tome-thing from lootboxes/hobbit presents...) stacks with hunter find the path. At least it felt to me like I was going faster :P
    Given that, I guess +41% can be reached with find the path (with legacy and trait).

Quote Originally Posted by Mathili View Post
    Actually, I found that using the +10% run speed accelerator (tome-thing from lootboxes/hobbit presents...) stacks with hunter find the path. At least it felt to me like I was going faster :P
    Given that, I guess +41% can be reached with find the path (with legacy and trait).
    You are correct, the +10% Run Speed tome given from hobbit presents and lootboxes does stack. I tested this out with my friend who has a hunter. We both have +31% run speed from Find the Path, I enabled my run speed tome and I out ran him.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1BxerMO.jpg[/IMG]
    The mind twists and bends to shake the horrors of life
    The mind, keeping it's sanity, bends so far that it snaps in two.

here's the thing... coffee came after spiders already had 10%. coffee gives 10% (unless there's a stronger one now) to every class. The appropriate move would be to just raise spider movement by 10%, it is SO not hard to get a slow off on a spider, and any ranged slow (unless it stacked with WTE) would be pointless. Even just think about it, spiders have 8 legs, they SHOULD be faster. by simply raising the speed buff 10% you counter the coffee buffs introduction only as it applies to spiders, who should be able to kite, and you mitigate the ridiculous slows freeps can dish out (somewhat) a slow really wouldn't do anything against the classes that need to be slowed in a fight because they all have sprints that ignore slows and remove them, namely, champs, guards, cappies, and burgs have multiple answers to cc... and all of them can keep their slows up permanantly

this is not the time to be conservative or under-ask either, spiders need help at the moment. every person on here has said it. so IMO the most balanced approach would not be to add a ranged slow (although i'd love one) but to increase the spiders runspeed to match the introduction of coffee and mitigate the ridiculous slows.
    Belolth Hisses with fury as venom drips from his maw, scorching the earth, "come manling, my brood hungers!"

And this is related to the Hunter Find the Path skill, exactly HOW?

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmetalplayer21 View Post
    You are correct, the +10% Run Speed tome given from hobbit presents and lootboxes does stack. I tested this out with my friend who has a hunter. We both have +31% run speed from Find the Path, I enabled my run speed tome and I out ran him.
    To complete the list of things that stack with Find the Path: the Epic Battle Vanguard trait that gets you up to +30% run speed. I had that with maxed find the path in GC the other day, and boy, was it fun to run as fast as a regular goat! I surely have to try to add a run speed tome to that, and hopefully I'll be running at a whopping +71%!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathili View Post
    To complete the list of things that stack with Find the Path: the Epic Battle Vanguard trait that gets you up to +30% run speed. I had that with maxed find the path in GC the other day, and boy, was it fun to run as fast as a regular goat! I surely have to try to add a run speed tome to that, and hopefully I'll be running at a whopping +71%!
    If that works you will be keeping up with war steeds! I mean if that war steed keeps running in to rocks and gets caught up in trees and walls..
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyx View Post
    If that works you will be keeping up with war steeds! I mean if that war steed keeps running in to rocks and gets caught up in trees and walls..
    Well, the EB Vanguard trait only works within Epic Battles, so one wouldn't be able to compete with warsteeds But it'd surely be as fast as most mounts in there could be, and less bother with mounting/unmounting xD