We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dear Macro Users

Just so you know freeps (mainly and almost always burgs) We know who you are. We have played long enough to know the difference between an actually fight with a burg, and a 4 second macro kill from a burg. EVERY time this happens to me (burgs you know who you are I wont name names) I write a ticket. EVERY time I hear of it happening to someone else I encourage them the write a ticket. EVERY time I see it happen to a creep, I write a ticket. Keep in mind that for cheating tickets it requires a name of the freep SO now turbine is getting flooded with cheating ticket with YOUR name on it.

People say "oh its pointless to write a ticket, turbine wont do anything" . I don't know for a fact if they will or not. I can only say I've heard from people that there have been perma bans over it and it give me peace of mind knowing turbine knows about you and what you're doing.

Try to actually PLAY the game, it proves nothing that you can macro except defining the definition of a lazy coward.

However, I think I speak for all creeps saying that if you want to macro a keep or an op, by all means go to town. Freeps flip that stuff quick anyways.

See you out there

-PS shout out to creeps who macro. Stop lowering yourself to their level. You don't need macros to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaineater View Post
    Just so you know freeps (mainly and almost always burgs) We know who you are. We have played long enough to know the difference between an actually fight with a burg, and a 4 second macro kill from a burg. EVERY time this happens to me (burgs you know who you are I wont name names) I write a ticket. EVERY time I hear of it happening to someone else I encourage them the write a ticket. EVERY time I see it happen to a creep, I write a ticket. Keep in mind that for cheating tickets it requires a name of the freep SO now turbine is getting flooded with cheating ticket with YOUR name on it.

People say "oh its pointless to write a ticket, turbine wont do anything" . I don't know for a fact if they will or not. I can only say I've heard from people that there have been perma bans over it and it give me peace of mind knowing turbine knows about you and what you're doing.

Try to actually PLAY the game, it proves nothing that you can macro except defining the definition of a lazy coward.

However, I think I speak for all creeps saying that if you want to macro a keep or an op, by all means go to town. Freeps flip that stuff quick anyways.

See you out there

-PS shout out to creeps who macro. Stop lowering yourself to their level. You don't need macros to win.
    Don't make it a faction thing, both sides did/do it, and one cannot prove who first drew blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Limmy View Post
    Don't make it a faction thing, both sides did/do it, and one cannot prove who first drew blood.
    He didnt do that.

Yes I agree.

I think people who play with macros to increase burst dps in a way it is not intended should be banished by the community at least.
    We did the same thing with clubbers, so why aren't we able to do it here?

Lets just all agree upon banishing anyone from any group or social contact that uses those macros from now on.

If so we will only have a few loners out there that still do it and it will make it a lil bit better for both sides.
    I'm pretty sure it won't stop completly till Turbine does something about it. But if we care for our PvMP area then lets stand together on this one.

Cheers Leisch

See you out there

Good idea. I can't understand how ppl want to risk there account getting perm banned for cheating in this obvious way, even the green rank accounts that does this, naming no names but everyone know who. I will start reporting ppl from now. U had your fun and plz stop.

did you not read the last line? I mentioned creeps who do it too.
    However! in MY opinion it is more popular with freepside.
    Im curious though who did, I feel like it wasn't a thing until HD. really odd to me. idk.

yeah, I agree leshy. If Turbine cant reg it, next best thing is for us as players to deal with it and what you said is a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisch View Post
    He didnt do that.
    He opened with that, in fact, he did it in most sentences.

His finishing line implied creeps only did it because freeps did.

Well we can either argue, which side does what/when or we can wake up and see that there are no sides and that it is unimportant who started is.

The important thing is that we try to make them stop. If we encourage it, ettens will be less and less enjoyable for all of us. Not only freeps or creeps.

Exclude them from group activities on both sides. Talk normally with eachother, show group/raid leaders of the other side combat logs and get them excluded from ANY social context in this game pvp-wise.
    It is afterall an MMO, playing only totally alone sucks after a while. Also the reason why we lost some of the clubbers to other servers or other games in the end.

Ofc this only works if we all stand together.

Can't say much more to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisch View Post
    Well we can either argue, which side does what/when or we can wake up and see that there are no sides and that it is unimportant who started is.
    I did none of that. You said I was wrong/incorrect, I pointed out that I was not.

I've heard a lot of accusations flying around but there are only 2 in my mind that do it for sure, one freep, one creep. Rest are unproven. Although I think a 2nd burg might do it too, but I really hope he doesn't and that I'm wrong, because would be a shame

To me though, its on a similar level to ganking/roaming in un-killable farming groups/zerging. Its about gaining points via an unfair/unchallenging way, just because Turbine doesn't like macro but is cool with the other two doesn't mean to me that they are ok (IMO) -> Turbine was silent on clubbing until not long ago.

I just don't understand it at all. The best experience in this game is me is finding nice, challenging fights and winning them/losing them only to come back later and win. Macroing is easymode, same as ganking/zerging/yellow cappy and guard groups.

So as much as I like Lei's idea, it would feel wrong for me to shun macroers but not also shun zergers/gankers -> and atm a lot of people play this way. Which is fine, i realise my opinion is in the minority

Not sure on burgs. Difficult to tell, I hear that its not easy to tell apart fast attacks and macros on burg. I'd only really trust the opinion of a creep with a burg on this who would know what is abnormal.
    Last edited by Akrorgash; Jan 07 2014 at 09:01 PM.

ummmmm this is from the view point of creeps side. so obviously im going to talk about the freeps I see doing it and having it done to me? Im sorry you are taking that as me saying its ONLY freeps. My last sentence isn't implying that at all, youre probably reading it wrong.

See you out there

Got super bored and decided to venture into other servers' forums, and I ran across this thread. This is definitely becoming a big problem on Windy. Alot of wargs have started doing it over here. I'm not sure if there's a hard set rule or not, I haven't looked into that. But it is definitely a stupid thing to do and honestly, people who do it are just plain wusses.

i do the same all the time,tichets tichets tichets.
    if turbine want to do something need just to w8 ages.
    the point is the macro users cant take a ban because they use script programm out of game and none can prove if use or not.
    btw macro isnt something special.a skilled based player who know his char very good can play more better from macros.
    the only point with macros is for the chars with induction skills on 0 like rk,reavers,they can spam in a macro key the spam skill all the time and the rest skills manually both times.this is a problem yes and isnt normal.

btw all we know or we hear who are macro users,so is it our hands how we play with them like grup or vs enemy.

There is a difference between macro users and people who exploit inmediate/fast skills using a macro.
    Wargs (and ofc other classes both freep and creep) have been using macros for years, you just need to watch some old warg youtube videos and look at his skills bar.

But people must understand that using macro (just like multiboxing) is not a banable offence for Turbine, only exploiting fast skills is.

Burglar Exploiting using macro :

VIDEO HERE

Warg using macro with and without exploit

So you can report the same player over and over, but if he is only using macro but not exploiting the only you will get is a warning from Turbine.

Saving some videos or combat log with time stamps on it would be a better choice.

Honestly, i dont know who is using it on freepside. Couple of times i was sure i was macroed by burg - u can say "Karma" - but i wasnt. Rols enlighted me that macroin burg can do 10k+ DPS, and i havent seen something like this yet. Burgs, just like all freeps (maybe except champs and RKs) became very powerfull after update, its easy to confuse OPness with exploiting

To this day playing both freep and creep, I have faced myself with 5 exploiting creeps and not a single exploiting freep (maybe there are some, and i was lucky not to catch them).

Like someone pointed above there are diferences between playing good and exploiting (interruption skills), I play burglar myself and i know how strong they are right now: Coup de grâce, flashing blades, cunning attack bleeds join those attacks with the attack speed of a normal burglar and there you have an enormous burst of damage. The problem of this server is that you arent used to have good burgs and start randomly accusing people of exploiting without a single evidence.

Lets start by taking some prints of the supposed exploiting, burglars interruption skill is named Addle if you see it applied in the same second twice, there you have a exploiting burglar.

P.S. I think I have some prints myself of wargs exploiting Eye Gouge, if needed i can hide the names and post it.

Hello all

Well about burgs... i bet many creeps thinks i use macros, like some even logged their low freep alt to accuse me.

1. I dont use it, and never try it.

2. From my opinion (could be wrong) but i dont see 1 single burg using it on WW.

3. For those creeps who dont believe me, i suggest to at least check the burgs skills and learn abit about them, they are all fast skills with 2-10s cd.. oh and pay attention to the "macro skill" its called "Coup de Grace" depending on the creep it can hit for 5k-10k 3times...yes 3 times and from my part it ALWAYS crits. ^^

4-I play this game for too long and i always try to improve my skill, im a competitive player like every1 who plays pvp i guess. I like to be feared by my opponents still playing legit, whats the point being strong if im cheating??! IM ALL AGAINST MACROS.

5-As i said before i didnt notice any freep using it yet, still on creepside there's some. I will not name them, mostly wargs and i have many screenshots with 5 diferent skills being fired on same second. I even frappsed 2 macro wargs trying to kill me yday, still they failed and 1 died :P maybe i will upload dunno. Im sending tickets for every1 who macros, and i have no doubt they do.

6-Have fun and try to play fair.

PS: 7- Oh and btw and dont macro still i can kill a low rank in 2sec, sry its not my fault, dps is insane now. I will upload a vid showing it soon.
    Last edited by LordBar; Jan 08 2014 at 08:26 AM.

about burg exploits...
    there's a well known burg exploit of the skill "Trick: Counter Defence". it was used even back to RoR and i think on RoI times too(not sure tho)
    example from RoR:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-F7LmfEl8
    this guy from RoR had exploited his whole char, as you can see he got 30k morale and 17k power (inspiration buff [epics] exploit)
    right now there's a way to exploit burg with the same macro as reavers use, which makes their skills immediate instead of fast...
    actually, every class with fast skills and an interrupt/immediate skill can use that macro(hunters for example) so don't be surprised if you see anything like that in the moors..
    just report or ignore, i think the best way is to treat them like the way we treated clubbers, and by that make the gameplay for them unplayable on our server.

Quote Originally Posted by giboosc View Post
    Honestly, i dont know who is using it on freepside. Couple of times i was sure i was macroed by burg - u can say "Karma" - but i wasnt. Rols enlighted me that macroin burg can do 10k+ DPS, and i havent seen something like this yet. Burgs, just like all freeps (maybe except champs and RKs) became very powerfull after update, its easy to confuse OPness with exploiting
    When Helms Deep came out, I played on burglar aswell for a week or two. After hours of parsing on dummies, I was able to sustain ~7k DPS (6-8k depending on jewellery procs and IFA dev buff luck)

In burst damage, for 2 skill rotations depending on luck I was doing 10k+ DPS on a dummy. To explain to non-burgs that means I excecuted my rotation twice, not remembering exact numbers I recall one rotation depending on crits was worth around 50-70k damage.

Now that I think of it with a clear head, without any emotion from recent deaths, I could have possibly been wrong stamping a macroing title on some people prematurely. Given that low-rank creeps without aud. are more or less training dummies I would like to believe that you can drain 40-50k of their morale within 2-3 seconds by modifying the rotation to burst.

For those who would like to test the dps out themselves, Naius worked out the highest sustaining dps rotation to be:
    Surprise Strike(CA could also be used as first skill)-Addle-IFA-Gambler's Adv-SS-FB-DeS (Aim-CdC when off cd), repeat. If CdC is on CD, after DeS start Rotation from the beginning.

That rotation gives you a constant stream of quick attacks that flow smooth as river.

Even though I can't bother playing burg myself anymore in ettens, if people want to take a closer look at given matter, this is what you could start with.

Given that during 12.0 when freeps were fighting against 60% aud reduction I was able to play burg in ettens in gambler stance and take a kill or two while some other classes had no chance, It might just be that the class got a lot of love from the devs and it is legitimate that low-ranks drop with 5 seconds or less.

Just my thoughts though.

Quote Originally Posted by georg112 View Post
    When Helms Deep came out, I played on burglar aswell for a week or two. After hours of parsing on dummies, I was able to sustain ~7k DPS (6-8k depending on jewellery procs and IFA dev buff luck)

In burst damage, for 2 skill rotations depending on luck I was doing 10k+ DPS on a dummy. To explain to non-burgs that means I excecuted my rotation twice, not remembering exact numbers I recall one rotation depending on crits was worth around 50-70k damage.

Now that I think of it with a clear head, without any emotion from recent deaths, I could have possibly been wrong stamping a macroing title on some people prematurely. Given that low-rank creeps without aud. are more or less training dummies I would like to believe that you can drain 40-50k of their morale within 2-3 seconds by modifying the rotation to burst.

For those who would like to test the dps out themselves, Naius worked out the highest sustaining dps rotation to be:
    Surprise Strike(CA could also be used as first skill)-Addle-IFA-Gambler's Adv-SS-FB-DeS (Aim-CdC when off cd), repeat. If CdC is on CD, after DeS start Rotation from the beginning.

That rotation gives you a constant stream of quick attacks that flow smooth as river.

Even though I can't bother playing burg myself anymore in ettens, if people want to take a closer look at given matter, this is what you could start with.

Given that during 12.0 when freeps were fighting against 60% aud reduction I was able to play burg in ettens in gambler stance and take a kill or two while some other classes had no chance, It might just be that the class got a lot of love from the devs and it is legitimate that low-ranks drop with 5 seconds or less.

Just my thoughts though.
    Sounds like pretty Ez class now.
    bah and it was such fun spar them in RoR...

Well, burglar is the same it was before, you DPS is very highly dependant on your skill rotation and excecution. Just the damage output just about doubled from RoR.
    The fact that maaba is killing people with ease is the result of him spending time at training dummy instead of zerging forums I believe.
    Which is the reason not every burglar you meet is going to give you problems.

So Leischo are u gonna Enforce the macroers too? Cheers sorry it was stronger than me

U can do 2 things indeed, report and refuse to play with those ppl but seriously i have seen here Posts from ppl who know exacly who the Cheaters are and that didnt stop it from getting them into groups to try and "win" battles,
    Take ur freep/creep googles off and simple ignore the existance of those ppl and u will see them vanish has fast has they kill
    I know this year its still fresh and prob there were some nice resolutions but seriously if u wanna do something about this dont do it tomorrow, later or next week, do it NOW, do not play with those ppl.

PS: im pretty sure the "comunity" will grow up in skill of identifying a real Exploiter so be carefull with acusations, worst than doing nothing is doing cra%, be certain about who do you talk and acuse

Cheers WW

Nill

Macros are indeed an issue that lotro has, but lets face it things are never going to change.

Ive encountered some macro''ers but i just let it go though something has to be done by the community we cant expect turbine to do anything. History repeats itself so i dont expect anything from them.

Maaba you are completely out of topic dude...

~ /-\ ff c:

Quote Originally Posted by georg112 View Post
    Well, burglar is the same it was before, you DPS is very highly dependant on your skill rotation and excecution. Just the damage output just about doubled from RoR.
    The fact that maaba is killing people with ease is the result of him spending time at training dummy instead of zerging forums I believe.
    Which is the reason not every burglar you meet is going to give you problems.
    Actually..
    Maaba is i think only Burg i sparred.
    Other than 3v1 at Slugs which he and some other bugs gave me. (TC took them all to 50% hahaha)
    But that only spar took me to conclusion that I from now on use all cds against burgs. I won spar against him only with like 2 shelobs gift heals. Which is insane.
    No TC or burrow.

I didnt have much time to play after latest update, but I must agree that the update made burgs quite a beasts. Before the patch, burg already had quite awesome dps in red line, but still it wasnt enough to take down a reaver before he stacks dots and launches impale. Update gave freeps audacity and new damage type mits so you can survive that impale and additionaly burgs got pretty nasty boost on basic DoT damage skill and CdG got fixed that it cirts for all attacks after aim (100% crit chance for next attack). I put reaver just as an example, its similar with other creeps. AFAIK CdG is now one of the most damaging skills ingame if not the most damaging one. I think generally the damage outputs are still over the top, not just for burgs and devs just went too crazy with numbers. At RoR there were two ways to defeat a creep: do a good dps rotation and movement or play with cc and debuffs and iterrupts etc. I tried to combine both, now its all about the damage. But thats probably inevitable, if you make classes more narrow, they have to be stronger in the way they specialize. In red line burg got a dps boost for loosing CC and debuffs and it made him OP.
    In the past there were invincible wardens, crazy hitting RKs and now there are stealthy killing machines.

To the ones who defend the dps burst as possible reason to ppl complain (and some even deny the existence of macroexploiters): NO. The dps output for some classes have been increased, yes, but the people are cheating, using macros to cut animations and doing 15 attacks in 2 secs, and thats WAI. As the OP said, report them every time, over and over. If possible, go to options,chat and active the time stamps and if you see such attacks in your combat log, make a ticket and attach the log with the timestamps or a screen. You can go around and take a look to other servers forums. The problem is there, in every server and this exploiters are killing the action everywhere.

By the way, the use of macros (and not only the use of macros to cut skills) is forbidden in the official CoC of Turbine-Lotro as you can see:

18. You may not create, post, use or distribute any utilities, emulators or other third party software tools without the express written permission of Turbine (including, without limitation, macroing programs, botting programs, server emulators, client hacks, map hacks, and data gathering utilities).

(you can read the entire CoC here, i dont want somebody could say i invented the phrase: http://www.turbine.com/en/content/lotro-coc)

Of course other thing is if Turbine is encouraging his own policy or not , or if they have the tools to do so, but as you can see is clear macro=cheating, so report and report.