We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Silverlode Server Chicken to Isen Steps

We got impatient and took a chicken to Isen ,

Hungry Orc wanted the Chicken !

Just watched the latest LOTROstream for the Crickhollow run.

Looked like the server really got their game together and planned the run out. Congratulations to them.

It has been said, before but it is a real shame some inconsiderate players do not follow the recommendations and NOT ride mounts in the main group and keep their capes.

Most of the stream was spent looking and the rear end of some selfish player(s) horse.

Not to mention you'd see folks setting off emotes or consumables that would lag the entire area. Very frustrating and should come with an automatic booting from the server for the day. Takes a fun event and turns it into frustration because there's nothing you can do about it and you just know those folks are only there to cause trouble.
    Nyn of Arkenstone
    2013 Player Council Member
    Often Unfortunate (but sometimes Successful) Member of The Dead Hobbit Society

Thumbs up Gladden time-1 hour 5 mins 39 seconds

We didn't quite topple Crickhollow, but we did have an epic BLAST of fun.

Thanks to you, Sapience, and all the visitors from other servers who joined us for this event.

Hope we showed you a Gladden good time.
    Last edited by Bel-Astarte; Feb 08 2014 at 12:59 AM.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

World (Server) - Name, Race, Class, Level - Place of Death

Gilrain - Vogter, Dwarf, Guardian, 30 - Galtrev, Dunland.

Elendilmir - Almergard, Hobbit, Guardian, 11 - Low Hollin, Eregion.

Evernight - Berrelberth, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - Carreglyn, Dunland.

Crickhollow - Annathstan, Man, Champion, 60 - SURVIVED!

Withywindle - Fredwisegard, Hobbit, Warden, 22 - Goeolhad, Eregion.

Gladden - Odver, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - Nan Curunír. (I could see the walls of Isengard.)
    On Gladden I want to thank LilyRose from the Rangers of the West for crafting me a critted armour!

Cool

And Gladden's achievement is now properly documented in a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d79h5TtTWqQ
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000150c84/01008/signature.png]Video[/charsig]
    [i][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?501570]The LotRO Forum Drinking Game![/url][/i]

I love that video!

I even saw my wee hobbit with a cameo!

Well done. And what fun.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Man_1976 View Post

Gladden - Odver, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - Nan Curunír. (I could see the walls of Isengard.)
    Laurelin - Isuming, Hobbit, Minstrel, 20 - Bonevales, Dunland.

't Was a blast yesterday - although laggy as hell. Felt like almost the entire server was with us. One thing is sure - at the start of it, the entire layer was filled to the max (I heard the amount of 800?). Few screenshots - start in Bree, Apetite was flying for a prolonged time, and one of the many moments a wall of people formed due to lag -, note the one with the blue shield above his head was Sapience:

Last edited by TUHD; Feb 13 2014 at 06:56 AM.
    - The Undead Half-Dragon of Neverwinter - TUHD -
    Currently active on Laurelin, with:
    - Nezerol

lvl6 hobbit in Enedwaith server Laurelin
    Thank you Sapience, Angelstar and all
    Steed Races Championship, War-Steed Races Championship, Theatro - Travelling Theatre Agency

On low resolution due to lag-but you get the idea....Laurelin turned out in their finest. And yes we nearly all did the full run, in separate groups...
    Lag was horrendous but the organisation was brilliant. Thanks to all the kin organisers from Radix, Children etc. for the fun practice runs and the real thing!

waiting for the hobbit to join us

This one is a bad photo but he arrived alive!
    Last edited by Calta; Feb 14 2014 at 09:06 AM.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

i really enjoyed this event however i was very disappointed the amount of lag that experienced during this event that really spoiled the event. i do think the competition seems to really favour the low population servers that can easily muster up a small elite force to transport a hobbit without having serious lag issues. i feel that Laurelin's time would be signficantly lower if we did not experience such lag.

Why is everyone so surprised and frustrated that we'd have lag during an event such as this? Everyone knows Galtrev was renamed Lagtrev when it came out and the loading screen has been renamed Everload. Or maybe that's just my server and my group of friends but we're all familiar with the concept that when you get a large group of people in the same area you're going to get lag. So why folks came to this event and than complained about the lag. Um.... Duh. It was pretty much a done deal this was going to happen.

Now, granted Laurelin seemed to have the most epic of lagfests going on, with 800 people on at one time according to one count, but it was still fun. Was it frustrating? Yeah sure, but folks should have gone into this knowing there was going to be lag, and if you can't handle it than stay away. Heck, I have the worst issues with patience of anyone (So bad in fact I refuse to equip it on any of my toons!) but I check my frustrations at the door (server?? hehe) when I decide to join in with the fun and festivities of an event like this.

I say bring more on, and if you can't handle it, stay away.
    Nyn of Arkenstone
    2013 Player Council Member
    Often Unfortunate (but sometimes Successful) Member of The Dead Hobbit Society

if lag bugs you so much stay out of 7 out of the 24 zones. i think that is the number they run the Hobbit over.

I hope that I have the day off work, when Nimrodel is scheduled. I do have a level 22 Hobbit Warden I can bring. This sounds like a fun event. My Sunday/Tuesday raid group did a 12 man chicken run from the Shire to Bree and put on a show in Bree. hehehe. It was hilarious.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Nasami View Post
    And Gladden's achievement is now properly documented in a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d79h5TtTWqQ
    The video is awesome. I love that song, too - hadn't heard it before. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    The video is awesome. I love that song, too - hadn't heard it before. Hilarious.
    No? Oh frickinmuck, we must fill in the gaps in your song/video knowledge! Even Legolas himself has chimed in with his take on the original video. Allow me to present Legolas performing it live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlNr-Vf9L2c

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    No? Oh frickinmuck, we must fill in the gaps in your song/video knowledge! Even Legolas himself has chimed in with his take on the original video. Allow me to present Legolas performing it live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlNr-Vf9L2c
    Legolas has a better sense of humour than one is led to believe!

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    The first post has been updated with the current leaderboards and the FULL SERVER SCHEDULE!

Let the preparations begin!

Meh... Silverlode during the work day on a Tuesday for most of the USA and 6am on a Wednesday work day here in Asia. Guessing I'm not the only one who has to pass. Too bad, I was hoping to make it.

Best of luck to you Silverlode!

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    Meh... Silverlode during the work day on a Tuesday for most of the USA and 6am on a Wednesday work day here in Asia. Guessing I'm not the only one who has to pass. Too bad, I was hoping to make it.
    Well, if it's any consolation, the server will have a better chance with fewer people lagging it out anyway. At least, that's what I'm going to tell myself when I don't login for the Landroval one. Hehe. It's going to be SO insane, possibly one of the biggest turnouts I think, which will just be frustrating and laggy, so I'm going to just hang out in Twitch and chat there.

Laurelin - Isuming, Hobbit, Minstrel, 20 - Bonevales, Dunland.

Cremoso, a Level 10 Hobbit Minstrel, has arrived on Brandywine, and I wonder if there are people that would like to donate Light Hides, Light Leathers or crafted Light Armour for him to wear, so he might survive the Take the Hobbits to Isengard challenge? Other crafted equipment that might let him stay alive are also welcome, and so are all offers to protect him during the event.

You'll have my gratitude, and I'll gift my music and my humorous personality. (I even tend to unintentionally make people laugh with the things I say/write. I guess I might have a future in stand-up if I didn't have such a stage-fright.)

I've done a couple of these on different servers, including one run as a chicken. They are good fun! Good luck to all. Lots of runs left, I hope someone can break the magic 1 hr mark!

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Coruven View Post
    I've done a couple of these on different servers, including one run as a chicken. They are good fun! Good luck to all. Lots of runs left, I hope someone can break the magic 1 hr mark!

I'm really hoping someone finally does. I think it's going to be pretty epic when they do!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I'm really hoping someone finally does. I think it's going to be pretty epic when they do!
    Do you take bribes?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast