We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 370
  1. #51
    I'm mostly concerned about the scheduling. The last live broadcast was during the U.S. work day on a weekday. (I can watch a live stream from work but not play the game. Many people can't even do that.) Hopefully the EU and US servers will get times that work for a lot of players.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

  2. #52
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    Will you be grouping with players to allow better healing/protection/buffs? How large a group will you allow? Will you increase the limit in dynamic layers to allow larger groups to escort you?

    Can you please post the schedule of servers/dates&times so that people can adjust schedules with more than just the "night before" warning?
    There will be no changes made to anything. The idea is to achieve it however you wish, with as many people as you wish. I will happily group up with the main body trying to get my character to Isengard. In fact, this is what I did last time.

    The point of the day/night before announcement is part of the challenge. No fair assembling a team and training and learning the best routes. In old fashioned racing terms, "You run what you brung". Those available at the announced time on the announced date are those who will be involved. Everyone else is free to watch the stream.

    Also, I will make an effort - as best I can - to vary the times so that I account for time zones and differences between NA and EU players and servers. For example I wouldn't challenge a German server at 8PM Eastern time. That would be 2AM their local time and completely unfair. Likewise I wouldn't challenge a US server at 10AM since everyone would likely be at work or otherwise unavailable.

    With all that said, keep in mind I'm also trying to make this a worthwhile Q&A period for those in watching and chatting. that may mean that I have to schedule the times a littler earlier than "Prime Time" to make sure I can get a dev or other staff to participate. So it's possible I may put up a 2:30PM or 3:00PM challenge time because that's when Jinjaah or Hoarsedev or whoever is available.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The point of the day/night before announcement is part of the challenge. No fair assembling a team and training and learning the best routes. In old fashioned racing terms, "You run what you brung". Those available at the announced time on the announced date are those who will be involved. Everyone else is free to watch the stream.

    Also, I will make an effort - as best I can - to vary the times so that I account for time zones and differences between NA and EU players and servers. For example I wouldn't challenge a German server at 8PM Eastern time. That would be 2AM their local time and completely unfair. Likewise I wouldn't challenge a US server at 10AM since everyone would likely be at work or otherwise unavailable.

    With all that said, keep in mind I'm also trying to make this a worthwhile Q&A period for those in watching and chatting. that may mean that I have to schedule the times a littler earlier than "Prime Time" to make sure I can get a dev or other staff to participate. So it's possible I may put up a 2:30PM or 3:00PM challenge time because that's when Jinjaah or Hoarsedev or whoever is available.
    OK, thanks for the response and explanation. Will you be posting the anticipated Dev(s) participating when you post the events the night before or will you not know which Dev(s) are available until the time the event occurs? I know I personally might make more of an effort to reschedule my time if I knew a Dev I was personally interested in listening to might be available.

    EDIT:
    Oh yeah, when you post the night before, will it be in this thread or will you make a new announcement for each event?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    mississippi
    Posts
    374
    [QUOTE=EyeSlayer600;7065438]Or, if you prefer, here's the ten-hour version!


    IT COMES IN 10HR! O_0
    Holder of a Golden Ticket (lifetime acct)

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Cool

    So excited! Can't wait. :3
    I'm on Gladden.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt Main Germany
    Posts
    672
    Hope you didn't choose a day on the Laurelin server at which I have nightshift. Think we could organize a Radix escort group
    Officer of Radix Lecti @ Laurelin (the only real taters)
    You want to know more?
    http://radixlecti.eu/
    The wise & sociable 2012
    Hero of the small folk 2013
    Original Tundra Cub owner 2014
    The kinship that brought the hobbit to Isengard :)

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parchment,Michigan
    Posts
    413
    cant wait that will be great fun was great fun sapience when we tried to lead you there other day was so much fun .

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2
    what happens if we succeed?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Also, I will make an effort - as best I can - to vary the times so that I account for time zones and differences between NA and EU players and servers. For example I wouldn't challenge a German server at 8PM Eastern time. That would be 2AM their local time and completely unfair. Likewise I wouldn't challenge a US server at 10AM since everyone would likely be at work or otherwise unavailable.

    With all that said, keep in mind I'm also trying to make this a worthwhile Q&A period for those in watching and chatting. that may mean that I have to schedule the times a littler earlier than "Prime Time" to make sure I can get a dev or other staff to participate. So it's possible I may put up a 2:30PM or 3:00PM challenge time because that's when Jinjaah or Hoarsedev or whoever is available.
    Oh. So I guess Asian and Oceanic players miss out. Is there the smallest chance you could schedule just one event mid to late evening on a friday, East Coast time? Then we could play with you early morning to mid saturday afternoon times in Australia, New Zealand, Korea, China, Singapore, India, etc etc.. (I have this time adjustment 'down pat' as organising groups across the Pacific requires it.)

    I understand the need to make it when the developers are available, but it would be so nice to get to join in just one of these events after playing for years. Maybe our national broadasters (Australian Broadcasting Commission) gaming tv series, GoodGame could possibly get involved with a bit of notice. Free publicity you know

    And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    Oh. So I guess Asian and Oceanic players miss out. Is there the smallest chance you could schedule just one event mid to late evening on a friday, East Coast time? Then we could play with you early morning to mid saturday afternoon times in Australia, New Zealand, Korea, China, Singapore, India, etc etc.. (I have this time adjustment 'down pat' as organising groups across the Pacific requires it.)
    Taiwan... there's 8 of us in my kin, so I second this.

    The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

  11. #61
    Maybe do the invites to your group yourself?
    this will stop anyone forming a kin raid and merely inviting you, thus you can invite a selection of people from multiple kin / groups and not end up running it within what might end up being a kin/allies only run and making it a bit more open to anyone to join.

  12. #62
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Gilrain Server, Tomorrow at 2:30PM Eastern US Time (Server time).

    Details: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...astern-US-Time

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Gilrain Server, Tomorrow at 2:30PM Eastern US Time (Server time).

    Details: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...astern-US-Time
    You have my daggers.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    You have my daggers.
    and my rune stone
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000001696d9/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,724
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSlayer600 View Post
    And that's even harder, considering a chicken's health!
    Actually it's about the same. You get one shot either way if you let something attack you. The difficulty is lack of communication, though that can be offset with teamspeak or ventrilo. Chickens have good survival skills, they can detect stealthed enemies, run faster than enemies in a pinch, dodge and weave, and play dead. Back before Moria you could take a chicken solo with no escort up into Misty Mountains.

    The hardest part might be Isengard itself, especially with speed. Safe way is to swim up river but that's slow and people are going to be tempted to win the challenge and run up the road instead which will require a largish group that's used to escort duty. Escorts can screw up easily, as in hunters using induction skills instead if just grabbing aggro fast, focusing on killing one enemy before moving to the next, killing enemies who are out of aggro range instead of looking for hidden enemies closer by, etc.

    I remember escorting the chickens in Ettenmoors...

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltharas View Post
    Hmmm. Is dragging mobs to you then dropping combat (minstrel flop or burg HIPS) considered 'harassment'?
    Probably, but it's less effective than you'd think. Those enemies will reset on their own because none of the nearby players will have aggro.

  17. #67
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    Actually it's about the same. You get one shot either way if you let something attack you. The difficulty is lack of communication, though that can be offset with teamspeak or ventrilo. Chickens have good survival skills, they can detect stealthed enemies, run faster than enemies in a pinch, dodge and weave, and play dead. Back before Moria you could take a chicken solo with no escort up into Misty Mountains.

    The hardest part might be Isengard itself, especially with speed. Safe way is to swim up river but that's slow and people are going to be tempted to win the challenge and run up the road instead which will require a largish group that's used to escort duty. Escorts can screw up easily, as in hunters using induction skills instead if just grabbing aggro fast, focusing on killing one enemy before moving to the next, killing enemies who are out of aggro range instead of looking for hidden enemies closer by, etc.

    I remember escorting the chickens in Ettenmoors...
    The closer to Isengard the harder it will get. Don't forget, a lowbie character's agro radius increases as they get to areas farther and farther above their level.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The closer to Isengard the harder it will get. Don't forget, a lowbie character's agro radius increases as they get to areas farther and farther above their level.
    Thorcar's Tip of the Day: If you are really into the challenge, roll a character on this server to follow the progress and see where the major problem areas are before the challenge gets to your server.

  19. #69
    Shoot...never considered that it might be an afternoon run. I hope Landroval's is an evening run so I can go!

  20. #70
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Casilune View Post
    Shoot...never considered that it might be an afternoon run. I hope Landroval's is an evening run so I can go!
    Gilrain's playerbase is primarily EU based. So for them it's early evening. about 7:30PM GMT.

  21. #71
    Where exactly is the end goal? Do we have to get the hobbit past the gate trolls and inside Isengard? Or do we need to get them to the very pinnacle of Orthanc and have it challenge Saruman to a pie-eating contest? =P
    Last edited by LunisequiouS; Jan 09 2014 at 05:10 PM.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RqKkWdz.jpg[/IMG]

  22. #72
    I hope Imladris is late afternoon. On a Friday.

  23. #73
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by LunisequiouS View Post
    Where exactly is the end goal? Do we have to get the hobbit past the gate trolls and inside Isengard? Or do we need to get them to the very pinnacle of Orthanc and have it challenge Saruman to a pie-eating contest? =P
    Pass the trolls. I'm not sure if a level 10 can actually get the Gate Crasher title, I think it can, but that would be the yard stick. The "proof of entry" as it were.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Pass the trolls. I'm not sure if a level 10 can actually get the Gate Crasher title, I think it can, but that would be the yard stick. The "proof of entry" as it were.
    I will laugh if it's the gate trolls that kill you XD.

  25. #75
    Can you please post a general schedule so kinships can plan an event for it?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003c5ad6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

 

 
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload