We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Denlir View Post
    Im dissapointed. Where was GMs and answer question and fun things promised. The hobbit just logged in and ran away. No calling out or making a raid. Just a small fellowship that manage to invite him first in that laggy spot got teh chance. No cooperative fun or merry cheers from the hobbit. Then a bumpy ride with so much lag that the server stand still and instant death from moving. I hope Sapience, that you just werent on AFK follow but felt the server problems that we play in every day. Bring this to the developers and make them solve it please.

On next event try enjoy all interrested and not just a fragment of the players that wants to join.
    If you want questions and answers log in on Twitch. A lot of the viewers have been tuning in since the start of the live streams We have already asked our questions and received our answers. There still might be a couple that get asked but for the most part we can now just sit back and enjoy watching the run.
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/nedkrr.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Or, Sapience just has one of the devs run him to Isengard and they have the rest of the team smite any mobs with GM powers. Fastest, most lag-free run EVER.
    But... but... that would be, like, totally cheating! xD
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Sauron Exploits Race Times in Take The Hobbits to Isengard

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Part of what I personally enjoy about these is watching plans either come together or fall completely apart. It's interesting to see how people react to both situations.
    My reaction to the race was great! It was fantastic fun and did feel sorry for Sapience at the end trying to organise a photo followed by a troll, it was uncomfortable to watch. That was so sad for everyone. Perhaps if Vilya does manage to hold on to the lead (crosses fingers) a special pic can be organised again for the winning server!

I just recently managed to see the start of the race which was being discussed on Vilya and wrote this post on another thread. It seems to have vanished so it's probably best here anyway. As the race hots up and the servers gather momentum my hobbit undercover reporter sense began to wonder why Vilya with such an extraordinary time lost so many seconds at the very start. So I went back over the start of each race I could find on twitch tv to see for myself the fun. It was hilarious I must admit. (I'm not so potty as to sit through transcribing nearly eight hours of coverage!)

So here I am imagining myself as hobbit reporter at the event trying to piece together the events and times of what actually happened. It got me thinking perhaps the developers might create a start gate or something to trigger the start of a race and so avoid misunderstandings particularly with lag issues bewteen PCs thouands of miles apart. Maybe a flag is waved competitiors can see, or perhaps a dove or firework or chicken! might signal the start of the race. That would also signal the start of the clock so no misunderstandings might occur in future races. Maybe a giant wooden cuckoo clock in Prancing Pony square could be set off by sapience. When the clock strikes off they go! The anticipation would be immense! Perhaps the firework would be a good at least until maybe something can be developed for future 'Meta Events'. Okay so my imagination is bizarre.. More things could be tried... Egg and Spoon racing to Rivendell... (don't lose those coloured eggs to the Balrogs!)...

Well here's the orignal post with transcripts of the starts of each race. It was great to see Vilya make a recovery to get out of Bree but I have to admit it was funny to see them spurt into a wall in panic, what a memorable run just for that alone! Hope it sparks a lively server debate so things might be more consitent in the future events but please don't take this too seriously, er unlike me!

.......... Lord Elrond summoned to Steward's Enquiry:

Vilya race day it has been alleged was fumbled. Angry mobs (forlorn Hobbits) have begun gathering outside the Prancing Pony alleging Vilya race day was fumbled and demanding the lost 34 seconds be found and removed from the overall winning time. Seconds were lost due to the timer being started before the players knew they had to go. Panic ensued and the lead shot off suddenly into a stable wall, no injuries were sustained our hobbit reporter says. Hobbits on the day demanded fair play for all teams. A council summit meeting is proposed to adjust the overall race time by 34 seconds.

Allegedly C.O.E, the Council of Elrond has called an urgent summit expected to meet at Rivendell on the matter in the forthcoming weeks ahead. Our undercover hobbit reporter has obtained a leaked transcript of the days events from various races and it seems there is evidence that the timer was started before the signal to Go! was given.

Was Vilya done an injustice? We may never know. Worried hobbits everywhere are beginning to whisper Sauron may have exploited the situation. Elrond has summoned a transcript of Sapience's race commentary to decide the fate of the missing 34 seconds and save Middle Earth. Names have been altered due to Elven legal restrictions. The case continues... at least until Second Breakfast.

Vilya
    Prancing Pony steps:
    [PlayerA tells you please follow PlayerB ]
    Vilya is kinda up against it tonight to see if they can do as well and we'll see if they can pull it off.
    Um, I'm already in my group and I already know who I am supposed to be following. So we are going to jump right into it and see how well Vilya does.
    [PlayerB tells you I'm your follow.]
    So let me grab my person [Clicks PlayerB] and then … They are apparently listening so ... [Clicks Timer]
    Oops. Apparently they aren't listening.
    [OOC]/Go... They started moving, but then they stopped. And they seemed to stay stopped. Hmmn. They got to go the timer is ticking, 30 seconds. That's going to hurt. And right into a wall. Oh this is bad.

Arkenstone
    Prancing Pony steps:
    All right so we are going to get going, as you can see there is a timer on the screen right down here. Once we start going I'll start that and it doesn't stop until we go through the Gates of Isengard.
    ...We're going to go. [OOC]/GO! Go. And they are absolutely, [Clicks Timer] on the ball.

Crickhollow
    Prancing Pony steps:
    [Clicks Follow] Alright. I've got the person I'm supposed to be following and [OOC]/ZGO! I'll start the timer as soon as they go. [Time starts] And we're off.

Withywindle
    Fountain cobble stones:
    So I will run over to where they are. Let me get on follow. There we go. And, [OOC]/ALL SET? let's get rollin'. [OOC]/GO! I shall start the timer just as soon as they start moving me out. [Clicks Timer]And we are off.

Evernight
    Fountain cobble stones:
    PlayerB is the person I need to follow, so I will follow them and I will run over to where they are. All right let me get my timer set up. We're all set. And make sure everybody knows who I am following. [Say]/I am following PlayerB. GO! And we' re off.
    Last edited by soggykitten; Mar 16 2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Typos.

Soggy, that's priceless

Although I do hope no one gets petty enough to start arguing the results over some confusion at the start line, your hobbit reporter is both intrepid and utterly hilarious.

I'll subscribe to that paper!!!
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Talking The Adventures of Star-Man_1976

World (Server) - Name, Race, Class, Level - Place of Death

Gilrain - Vogter, Dwarf, Guardian, 30 - Galtrev, Dunland.
    Elendilmir - Almergard, Hobbit, Guardian, 11 - Low Hollin, Eregion.
    Evernight - Berrelberth, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - Carreglyn, Dunland.
    Crickhollow - Annathstan, Man, Champion, 60 - SURVIVED!
    Withywindle - Fredwisegard, Hobbit, Warden, 22 - Goeolhad, Eregion.
    Gladden - Odver, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - Nan Curunír. (I could see the walls of Isengard.)
    Laurelin - Isuming, Hobbit, Minstrel, 20 - Bonevales, Dunland.
    Brandywine - Cremoso, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - High Hollin, Eregion.
    Snowbourne - Gilelrandir, Man, Captain, 21 - Isendale, Gap of Rohan.
    Arkenstone - Snavo, Hobbit, Burglar, 10 - Nan Curunír! Could see the walls of Isengard!
    Vilya - Wilnidin, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - High Hollin, Eregion

Bullroarer - Vulcoric, Hobbit, Guardian, 95 - CHAOS & MAYHEM! (Balrogs in Bree! Has to be seen to be believed!)
    Take the Hobbits to Isengard on Bullroarer - Part 1 (01:14:39) - http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/511035147
    Take the Hobbits to Isengard on Bullroarer - Part 2 (00:04:04) - http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/511046461

Update the Leaderboard????

CHALLENGE UPDATE:

Leaderboard
    1. Arkenstone 59m 6s 0 Deaths.
    2. Crickhollow 1h 2m 31s 0 Deaths
    3. Gladden 1h 5m 39s 0 Deaths
    4. Snowbourn 1h 5m 46s 0 Deaths
    5. Elendilmir 1h 10m 6s 0 Deaths
    6. Gilrain 1h 22m 55s 0 Deaths
    7. Laurelin 1h 43m 40s 0 Deaths
    8. Evernight 2h 1m 39s 1 Deaths
    9.Withywindle 2h 3m 33s 0Deaths 1 Reset
    10. Brandywine 2h 5m 12s 1 Death
    Any chance we can see the Leaderboard updated any time soon? Vilya's time rocks all of them and It'd be a nice kudo to those who worked so hard to make it happen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000075038/signature.png]Saitead[/charsig]

The original Hobbit to Isengard! ;D

Vilya's 30 second delay in starting comes back to haunt them, with Anduin coming in at 47m 15s.

./e shakesfist at the organized and efficient Germans.

/bow and well done!

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Times updated with Anduin now the new #1 time at 47m 15s.

Meneldor you're up! Friday March 21 at 6:30PM Eastern time!
    Last edited by Sapience; Mar 19 2014 at 04:50 PM.

Is it 47m 15s or 57m 15s for Andiun? It's a fair bit of difference there

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    47m 15s. Beating Vilya by 17s. Way to go!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    47. My typo. Sorry about that.

47. My typo. Sorry about that.
    Still having trouble believing people got it under 50 minutes, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Still having trouble believing people got it under 50 minutes, huh?
    It was that last Balrog xRaina dropped on him the other day on Bullroarer. He's got a bit of a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    It was that last Balrog xRaina dropped on him the other day on Bullroarer. He's got a bit of a concussion.
    He he he. I was there for that, though not in the raid group. Poor Hadacar. Balrogs and Huorns and Bears, oh my .
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

What a fantastic run! ^_^

Just watched the video recording of Anduin's twitch tv stream. Woot! Just amazing. Left me with a big grin.
    These runs are really a lot of fun and a great way to pass some time. Wow well done Anduin! Just fantastic!

Haha!
    Last edited by soggykitten; Mar 19 2014 at 08:38 PM.

Still recovering from the Meneldor run!

What fun!!! Thanks so much for organizing this event, Sapience. I can't wait for whatever you bring to Meneldor next.

*Leyrica staggers into her little house and collapses with exhaustion, falling into a dead sleep fully armed and still wearing her armour.*

I missed the Meneldor run? Stoopid real life work obligaitons.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220200000005ee71/01007/signature.png]Aethelrond[/charsig]
    "Not all those who wander are lost."

That reminds me, I need to take a vacation day on May 7.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

BULLROARER Run Recognition Please

Any chance we can see the Bullroarer run added to the Official Standings list? I was thinking of something along the lines of:

30. Bullroarer - DNF due to Balrogs! 10 Deaths

*DNF = Did not finish

Thanks, and thanks for a fun run!

Gladden - Odver, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - Nan Curunír. (I could see the walls of Isengard.)
    Laurelin [EN-RP] - Isuming, Hobbit, Minstrel, 20 - Bonevales, Dunland.
    Arkenstone - Snavo, Hobbit, Burglar, 10 - Nan Curunír! Could see the walls of Isengard!
    Bullroarer (Public Test Server) - Vulcoric, Hobbit, Guardian, 95 - CHAOS & MAYHEM! (Balrogs in Bree!)

Anduin [DE] - Chago, Hobbit, Hunter, 10 - Low Hollin, Eregion

Meneldor - (The Return of) Vulcoric, Hobbit, Guardian, 11 - Low Hollin, Eregion

Bannog Cadlus, a Dunlending camp in Low Hollin, Eregion [50.4S, 13.8W] have become a location of arch-enemies. Many of my little Hobbits in the Hobbit Runs have had to do an involuntary Boromir-impression there, becoming arrow-filled pin-cushions.
    Star-Man_1976
    Now on every server. (That are a public LotRO-server run by Turbine.) All 29 of them, and sometimes also on Bullroarer.
    Will still be on every server, just less of them. From the closing 10 US-servers, I will move the characters to Arkenstone and Gladden. From closing EU-servers, German characters to Gwaihir, French to Sirannon, and English to Evernight.
    Where is my "Dead Hobbits Society" title?

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Man_1976 View Post

Bullroarer (Public Test Server) - Vulcoric, Hobbit, Guardian, 95 - CHAOS & MAYHEM! (Balrogs in Bree!)

Bannog Cadlus, a Dunlending camp in Low Hollin, Eregion [50.4S, 13.8W] have become a location of arch-enemies. Many of my little Hobbits in the Hobbit Runs have had to do an involuntary Boromir-impression there, becoming arrow-filled pin-cushions.
    A list of deaths...

Reminds me of GoT and a certain video showing all deaths in the first 3 seasons... macabre...

You should play on Crickhollow as it's the only server you survived yet. It looks like lots of luck for you. (also it's a entirely different situation with a level 60 character in opposition to all the other servers)

And Bannog Cadlus seems to be added to frickinmucks list of ideas to get through the run as a possibilty of danger for Sapience. Players should occupy the village and populate it only with free people before Sapience pass by and before those can try an assassination. ^^

I see on the List of Servers that Silverlode is up next, is it, or has the list changed??
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Vanyar [DE] - Aubembrand, Hobbit, Warden, 10 - Bonevales, Dunland

Today on Silverlode - Istius, Hobbit, Warden, 10 - Wish Silverlode and me the best of luck!
    Star-Man_1976
    Now on every server. (That are a public LotRO-server run by Turbine.) All 29 of them, and sometimes also on Bullroarer.
    Will still be on every server, just less of them. From the closing 10 US-servers, I will move the characters to Arkenstone and Gladden. From closing EU-servers, German characters to Gwaihir, French to Sirannon, and English to Evernight.
    Where is my "Dead Hobbits Society" title?

Quote Originally Posted by c_the_awesome View Post
    I see on the List of Servers that Silverlode is up next, is it, or has the list changed??
    Nope, still Silverlode today at 5:00PM Eastern US time. That's about 5 hours from now.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast