We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Lets see how many chickens we can to get to isengard on the 28th, Brandywine!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfclaw25 View Post
    Lets see how many chickens we can to get to isengard on the 28th, Brandywine!
    we did on Eldar quite a while back

https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/show...ns-to-Isengard

but we did it alone two chickens on an adventure
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Chickens? Ensure you're in the middle of the group then... because otherwise you're relative easy prey. Especially when you're approaching Isengard, you'll pull mobs like there's no tomorrow then. I saw plenty of lvl 20's and 30's dying there on Laurelin (granted, more could have been saved if there hadn't been such horrendous lag) - and chickens are especially easy prey then (what was it, 350 HP?).
    - The Undead Half-Dragon of Neverwinter - TUHD -
    Currently active on Laurelin, with:
    - Nezerol

Quote Originally Posted by TUHD View Post
    Chickens? Ensure you're in the middle of the group then... because otherwise you're relative easy prey. Especially when you're approaching Isengard, you'll pull mobs like there's no tomorrow then. I saw plenty of lvl 20's and 30's dying there on Laurelin (granted, more could have been saved if there hadn't been such horrendous lag) - and chickens are especially easy prey then (what was it, 350 HP?).
    Chickens have 42 morale I think? However, they do not pull the super wide aggro that a level 30 person does in very over-leveled zones, afaik.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by FundinStrongarm View Post
    Chickens have 42 morale I think? However, they do not pull the super wide aggro that a level 30 person does in very over-leveled zones, afaik.
    Correct. One of the challenges many overlook during these runs is that a chicken is not a fair comparison. The more under leveled a character is for a zone, the wider their agro range.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Correct. One of the challenges many overlook during these runs is that a chicken is not a fair comparison. The more under leveled a character is for a zone, the wider their agro range.
    Chickens are all level 1 session play characters, wouldn't this make their aggro range larger than a level 10 character? (I acknowledge that its potential session play characters are treated differently for this.)

But those of us on our regular character. Is there perhaps a 'max' aggro range? (It really doesn't seem to be different at all no matter how far into the land of 'red' zones I am, even after going past multiple-red-zones with that level gap increasing significantly each time.)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I don't believe chickens aggro the same way that a lowbie does. I've done the chicken to Isengard thing and it's nothing like walking a lvl 10 into an area like Eregion. You don't get attacked by every beaver and woodchuck within earshot as a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Darbius View Post
    I don't believe chickens aggro the same way that a lowbie does. I've done the chicken to Isengard thing and it's nothing like walking a lvl 10 into an area like Eregion. You don't get attacked by every beaver and woodchuck within earshot as a chicken.
    During the livestream +Sapience confirmed that chickens effectively 'don't get red-zone aggro'. He also confirmed he was unsure if there was a 'max' aggro range such that it would get worse the further apart you got in level (after some unspecified point).

Let's get a thread for just screen shots from the events. I would love to see what everyone has. I love the ones further up.
    Last edited by Ithilmegil; Mar 02 2014 at 01:24 PM.
    [IMG]http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/19/12/21/17/downlo10.jpg[/IMG]

World (Server) - Name, Race, Class, Level - Place of Death

Gilrain - Vogter, Dwarf, Guardian, 30 - Galtrev, Dunland.

Elendilmir - Almergard, Hobbit, Guardian, 11 - Low Hollin, Eregion.

Evernight - Berrelberth, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - Carreglyn, Dunland.

Crickhollow - Annathstan, Man, Champion, 60 - SURVIVED!

Withywindle - Fredwisegard, Hobbit, Warden, 22 - Goeolhad, Eregion.

Gladden - Odver, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - Nan Curunír. (I could see the walls of Isengard.)

Laurelin - Isuming, Hobbit, Minstrel, 20 - Bonevales, Dunland.

Brandywine - Cremoso, Hobbit, Minstrel, 10 - High Hollin, Eregion.
    On Brandywine I want to thank Dagillo for providing me with Light Hides I could craft my own armour with!

VILYA!!! Let us strike as one!!!

For everyone from the Vilya server that's interested in attending please go to this site: http://tempvilyaalliance.weebly.com/ and sign up.

Thumbs down

Im dissapointed. Where was GMs and answer question and fun things promised. The hobbit just logged in and ran away. No calling out or making a raid. Just a small fellowship that manage to invite him first in that laggy spot got teh chance. No cooperative fun or merry cheers from the hobbit. Then a bumpy ride with so much lag that the server stand still and instant death from moving. I hope Sapience, that you just werent on AFK follow but felt the server problems that we play in every day. Bring this to the developers and make them solve it please.

On next event try enjoy all interrested and not just a fragment of the players that wants to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Denlir View Post
    Im dissapointed. Where was GMs and answer question and fun things promised. The hobbit just logged in and ran away. No calling out or making a raid. Just a small fellowship that manage to invite him first in that laggy spot got teh chance. No cooperative fun or merry cheers from the hobbit. Then a bumpy ride with so much lag that the server stand still and instant death from moving. I hope Sapience, that you just werent on AFK follow but felt the server problems that we play in every day. Bring this to the developers and make them solve it please.

On next event try enjoy all interrested and not just a fragment of the players that wants to join.
    The Q&A is on the livestream, I don't think much of it would have been through the in-game chat. Being in the game to follow the crowd should probably be reserved for people who want to help or people who just really want to go along. Because, yeah, a crowd that big can cause some issues. Just ask Weatherstock.
    Last edited by Thornglen; Mar 05 2014 at 04:54 PM.

Actually I logged in, was invited to a raid, and we spent 2 hours or so talking, chatting, answering questions and I even managed to get Executive producer Aaron Campbell to drop in and answer questions at the end. Every last player that was there, participated. Hundreds of them. No one is ever excluded. All you have to do is run along with the rest of us.

The Q&A take place in the twitch channel, but there are so many pepole in the game having fun that sometimes they may not be looking at it or listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Actually I logged in, was invited to a raid, and we spent 2 hours or so talking, chatting, answering questions and I even managed to get Executive producer Aaron Campbell to drop in and answer questions at the end. Every last player that was there, participated. Hundreds of them. No one is ever excluded. All you have to do is run along with the rest of us.

The Q&A take place in the twitch channel, but there are so many pepole in the game having fun that sometimes they may not be looking at it or listening.
    I missed it due to conflicting personal schedules.
    Glad to see Snowbourn put in a great time, they made me proud, my server brethren/sisters.
    Hopefully someone will have taken the time to take down the answers to those questions!
    Hir i Meigol Bruinen/High Council Member of the EoI/Of the Exiles of the Hidden City/Meigol Bruinen, Uncle Seregnin's Misguided Children, Curse the name of Maeglin, the Treacherous Villain, forever, may he rot in the Halls of Mandos for all time....
    Player Councillor. http://www.swtor.com/r/XWNQXP is my refer-a-friend link for SWTOR.

I don't see official times posted for Brandywine or Snowbourn yet, how'd they do?

Quote Originally Posted by VoronturEU View Post
    I missed it due to conflicting personal schedules.
    Glad to see Snowbourn put in a great time, they made me proud, my server brethren/sisters.
    Hopefully someone will have taken the time to take down the answers to those questions!
    Somebody will! frickinmuck has taken it upon herself to be the official transcriber for all the hobbit runs. As soon as she gets today's questions and answers typed up, she'll post them here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?539143-Hobbits-to-Isengard-Q-A-with-Sapience-notes-on-what-was-said

Once she does so, Sapience will review and add any info he had to wait for answers on.

I'd like to point out that the hobbit +Sapience is just a package. He does not aid you in anyway as far as moving around (Unless he accidentally unfollows). You are responsible for navigating/dragging him around.

This makes everything fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Chickens are all level 1 session play characters, wouldn't this make their aggro range larger than a level 10 character? (I acknowledge that its potential session play characters are treated differently for this.)

But those of us on our regular character. Is there perhaps a 'max' aggro range? (It really doesn't seem to be different at all no matter how far into the land of 'red' zones I am, even after going past multiple-red-zones with that level gap increasing significantly each time.)
    I think there is; 50mtrs. My lvl20 alt once walked to galtrev and as soon as I passed eregion, this range never got wider. At galtrev I agroed the training dummies (no joke) if I were within that range.

http://www.twitch.tv/LOTROstream is where the, quoting Sapience, ''trash talk'' happened for the first 90 minutes, a facebook account was required to participate.
    The summary of what-he-said is what you have to wait for, there was so much spam that some questions were not answered and/or spammed...
    About 400 viewers, at peak, lag (Sapience's desktop fault, not the server's) and the temporary 2nd place missed for about 7sec.
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

ok, i missed out that the stream was needed. I was in the game and expected some broadcast or some /OOC tha tthe event started. My bad.

["All you have to do is run along with the rest of us."]

Did you serious not see any lagg? Even when your hobbit got stuck at the last bridge? Is it only us european players that have these lag issues? The whole game froze, the croud was moving like in stroboscope all over the place or was dead still, characters died mysterious by just running along at the road cuz of the lagg. In game there was so many was frustrated of the lagg issue that the event was unplayable. Dident the stream have any of this visual problem?

I can skip a event and big gatherings like this. But when this lag issues is all the time ins instances and in open landscape even with latest hardware and lowers graphic settings is frustrating. Maby just a cable from US to Europe is broken...

ok, i missed out that the stream was needed. I was in the game and expected some broadcast or some /OOC tha tthe event started. My bad.

["All you have to do is run along with the rest of us."]

Did you serious not see any lagg? Even when your hobbit got stuck at the last bridge? Is it only us european players that have these lag issues? The whole game froze, the croud was moving like in stroboscope all over the place or was dead still, characters died mysterious by just running along at the road cuz of the lagg. In game there was so many was frustrated of the lagg issue that the event was unplayable. Dident the stream have any of this visual problem?

I can skip a event and big gatherings like this. But when this lag issues is all the time ins instances and in open landscape even with latest hardware and lowers graphic settings is frustrating. Maby just a cable from US to Europe is broken...

Denlir, everyone gets lag during these events. Even if folks from other servers had not been there, any time you get a group of people in one spot that ends up causing layers, you will get lag. Yes it's frustrating, but nothing will stop it. Reducing your own computer settings, removing your cloak as well as getting off a horse, will reduce the lag that you see, but it will not make it go away.

The lag that was previously mentioned was the lag on the Stream video itself. One thing you also have to take into consideration while watching the Twitch Stream, there's a delay between what's happening in game and what's happening on the stream video. Which can make it confusing at times if you're playing and watching/listening to Twitch.
    Nyn of Arkenstone
    2013 Player Council Member
    Often Unfortunate (but sometimes Successful) Member of The Dead Hobbit Society

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/LOTROstream is where the, quoting Sapience, ''trash talk'' happened for the first 90 minutes, a facebook account was required to participate.
    The summary of what-he-said is what you have to wait for, there was so much spam that some questions were not answered and/or spammed...
    About 400 viewers, at peak, lag (Sapience's desktop fault, not the server's) and the temporary 2nd place missed for about 7sec.
    Actually, you don't have to have a Facebook account. You can also create a Twitch account.

Quote Originally Posted by whybird View Post
    Denlir, everyone gets lag during these events. Even if folks from other servers had not been there, any time you get a group of people in one spot that ends up causing layers, you will get lag. Yes it's frustrating, but nothing will stop it. Reducing your own computer settings, removing your cloak as well as getting off a horse, will reduce the lag that you see, but it will not make it go away.

The lag that was previously mentioned was the lag on the Stream video itself. One thing you also have to take into consideration while watching the Twitch Stream, there's a delay between what's happening in game and what's happening on the stream video. Which can make it confusing at times if you're playing and watching/listening to Twitch.
    To add to Whybird's explanation: lag that you see on your computer is a result of the amount of graphics and animations it has to load, that's why he mentioned cloaks and horses. Those animations add to the lag time. It's impossible to have 400 characters online in that exact same area and NOT have lag, and those players who insist on dressing their characters to the nines and riding their horses and hanging around Sapience's hobbit are doing their server a disservice because the lag adds to their run time (ahem....that was only for Meneldor's runners. Everyone else just ignore that tidbit of info!!!!).

That's why the Ettenmoors has lag, and Bree, and anywhere else in-game a lot of players are congregating. Festival areas like Bywater during the Farmers Faire is horrendously laggy for that reason. So even Sapience's high-powered rig at the office (he was streaming from work yesterday) will show lag on his screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Angadan View Post
    I don't see official times posted for Brandywine or Snowbourn yet, how'd they do?
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    Somebody will! frickinmuck has taken it upon herself to be the official transcriber for all the hobbit runs. As soon as she gets today's questions and answers typed up, she'll post them here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?539143-Hobbits-to-Isengard-Q-A-with-Sapience-notes-on-what-was-said

Once she does so, Sapience will review and add any info he had to wait for answers on.
    And she already has yesterday's stuff up and did her usual great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I'd like to point out that the hobbit +Sapience is just a package. He does not aid you in anyway as far as moving around (Unless he accidentally unfollows). You are responsible for navigating/dragging him around.

This makes everything fair.
    This is VERY important. If you recall when the orcs took the Hobbits to Isengard (or tried) in the books or movies then you remember Merry and Pippin were just baggage. So while I won't try to escape, I also don't help. I put one person on follow and then sit back and watch like anyone else. I will, as Crell mentioned, refollow if I accidentally unfollow but beyond that, I'm just along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    Back around the end of December we had a bunch of people come and play with me on Nimrodel while I was leveling up a new character. About the time I hit level 8 someone suggested we try to get my character to Isengard. They failed. Two deaths later we gave up. The chat suddenly turned into "if you had done this on X server we wouldn't have let you die." So we made it a "put up or shut up" challenge. So that's how it started. most run average about 350-400 viewers, but we've had as many as 1100. So there are a lot of people involved.

I answer questions that I can, or that I have firm answer to or that I know I can get answers to. If I don't take a question there are two possibilities. 1- I didn't see it. 2- it's not something I can answer or have an answer for. There is a 3rd possibility and that's that we've answered it countless times before and it's really time to move on from that topic.

Also, you don't need a facebook account to view the stream on twitch. You don't even need a twitch account. You will need a twitch account if you want to talk in the chat and ask questions. One upside of having a Twitch account is that you can follow the LOTROStream channel and then any time we start a stream, you'll be notified. So you won't miss it. Even if we sneak one in on you.

Quote Originally Posted by whybird View Post

In the stream there are a lot of different 'lag' reason. Obviously the huge number of people is going to be an issue. There is also the reality of the fact that I'm streaming and watching back my own stream on a PC connected to the corporate network here (when I'm in the office). So you have the entire office on the same LAN I am on (even though it's a crazy beefy pipe), and any lag resulting from that is going to show up in the stream. Also, there is a delay in the stream itself and any issues Twitch may have or you may have on your end viewing the stream are going to crop up as well.

Ofcourse yesterday we added to the mess by adding in Skype. I apologize that some of the conversations were clipped. We'll work on that for future runs.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast