We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

World Character Transfers are irreversible

Im guessing as the title say this means i cant move my character back to my old server? Cos im regretting moving and want to go back.

Benordis LvL 105 Champion - Beniso LvL 105 Minstrel - Benisia LvL 100 Burglar - Bengrit LvL 105 Rune-keeper - Beney LvL 105 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by AMDG93 View Post
    Im guessing as the title say this means i cant move my character back to my old server? Cos im regretting moving and want to go back.
    Well, I'd assume this is mostly a legal phrase that they can't undo the transfer and refund your money, but another transfer back to your old server might still be possible (just guessing though).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Well, I'd assume this is mostly a legal phrase that they can't undo the transfer and refund your money, but another transfer back to your old server might still be possible (just guessing though).
    Yea thats what im hoping it means i might just put the transfer in and if they say they can't then they can't

Benordis LvL 105 Champion - Beniso LvL 105 Minstrel - Benisia LvL 100 Burglar - Bengrit LvL 105 Rune-keeper - Beney LvL 105 Guardian

It has long been the case that a character cannot be transferred back to its original server. This is apparently a technical limitation.

I have not heard that this has changed.

Edit: According to a later post, this is no longer the case and reverse transfers are possible!
    Last edited by mjk47; Jan 08 2014 at 03:04 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

You can always try submitting a request.

If it's not possible then you'll just get a reply along the lines that "it's not possible for technical reasons", which is likely.

Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose and maybe, just maybe, it'll work.

(I do suspect that the reason a character cannot be transferred back is that it was never actually moved in the first place but copied to the new server and access to the original disabled for your account. Moving the character back again would cause a conflict in the data with the original that's still there. Purely an educated guess on my part though and I have no data to back it up.)
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Yes you can transfer back. I know of at least two characters that have left my server and later returned.

Welcome to the 'grass is not always greener on the other side club', make sure to tell your friends!
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

i can confirm you can transfer back! Just thought i'd let you know in case other people ever was wondering and i can also confirm the grass isn't as green on the otherside