We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is it worth upgrading lvl 85 2nd Age bridle to lvl 95 3rd Age bridle?

The title says it all. It's no brainer to upgrade your weapon because of the huge difference in DPS that lvl 95 items bring compared to lvl 85 ones, and tools are often worth upgrading as well (changed legacies / skills you are now using etc), but I am not sure about bridles. As far as I know, there is no "DPS-boost" in bridles, there is only fury rating, and the DPS of your mounted combat skills are not based on the level of your bridle... Or is it?

Let's imagine this: I am standing still, mounted on my war-steed and use my mounted combat skills to DPS my enemy down. Do I notice the difference between lvl 85 SA bridle and lvl 95 3rd Age bridle? With 2nd ager, I have more points to put to legacies...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    As far as I know, there is no "DPS-boost" in bridles, there is only fury rating, and the DPS of your mounted combat skills are not based on the level of your bridle... Or is it?
    It is.
    Let's imagine this: I am standing still, mounted on my war-steed and use my mounted combat skills to DPS my enemy down. Do I notice the difference between lvl 85 SA bridle and lvl 95 3rd Age bridle? With 2nd ager, I have more points to put to legacies...
    From the reports I've read, the substantial increase in an lvl 86+ Bridle's Fury rating only contributes a negligible increase to mounted DPS.

But, you can experiment for yourself. Get a tailor to make you a lvl 95 TA Bridle, include it in your next batch of trash LI's, so you can see how much the increase in fury affect your DPS compared to the lvl 85 SA Bridle.

The lvl95 bridles have a huge amount of fury rating on them, but in reality this does not contribute much more than a lvl85 bridle because the total damage from fury is capped at 7.5%. The only benefit (that I can see) is you wouldn't need to rank up the fury rating at all, since rank1 fury on lvl95 bridle puts you well over the cap, and that leaves more points to spend on the other legacies. With there being no real challenging warbands at lvl95 I don't even think it's worth the bother, even if there was no fury cap.