We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New to LOTR Online!

I had a quick question if somebody could please answer!
    I want to have all the LOTR Online expansions, now i do see that theres quite a few now! my question is
    should i buy Mines Of Moria, Shadows of Angmar, or should i just get the latest one which is helms deep and that will include all other expansions. and how can i get expansions, can i buy them as a CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Carmona95 View Post
    should i buy Mines Of Moria, Shadows of Angmar, or should i just get the latest one which is helms deep and that will include all other expansions. and how can i get expansions,
    For now, I'd say not to by any of them, at least for the time being...

Play through the existing content that you have free access; ered luin, the shire, breeland and lone lands. That should get you to lvl 30.
    Decide if you like the game before you drop any coin on the expansions.

As for the expansions themselves, there's Moria (lvl 50-60), Mirkwood (lvl 60-65), Isengard (lvl 65-75), Riders (lvl 75-85) and Helm's Deep (lvl 85-95).
    So, if you want smooth leveling, getting the lot of them is recommended.

Though, you actually have to get to lvl 50 to be get the most out of the expansions, so you're going to have to get some content between lvl 30 and 50.
    evendim will get you from lvl 30-40. From lvl 40-50 is a bit more tricky as there isn't any one zone that covers the span, so you might need to get two or three zones.

Granted, if you decide to become VIP (ie. subscribe), you'll automatically have access to all content up yo lvl 50, so that's taken care of.
    Also, VIP's have access to the zones in between the expansions; Lothlorien (lvl 60), enedwaith (lvl 60-65), Great River (lvl 70-75) and wildermore (lvl 85).
    can i buy them as a CD?
    No, when you download the game, you download everything. Getting additional content, such as the expansions, just lets you access the quests in those zones.
    It's like going to a board walk amusement park, there's no cost to simply walk around, but you have to buy tickets to ride the rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmona95 View Post
    I had a quick question if somebody could please answer!
    I want to have all the LOTR Online expansions, now i do see that theres quite a few now! my question is
    should i buy Mines Of Moria, Shadows of Angmar, or should i just get the latest one which is helms deep and that will include all other expansions. and how can i get expansions, can i buy them as a CD?
    First of all, welcome to the game!

As for your question I would highly recommend buying one months subscription - this will give you access to all the content before level 50. I expect in the time you are levelling Turbine will do some kind of mega sale of all the expansions. At that point, if you still like the game, I would invest in everything up to Riders of Rohan.

Good luck!
    http://s12.postimg.org/7w6e0kpnx/LOTRO_New_Sig.jpg
    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Welcome Carmona

Think what your looking for is the following:

1) Quad Pack, which includes the first 4x Expansions being:

a) Mines of Moria
    b) Siege of Mirkwood
    c) Rise of Isengard
    d) Riders of Rohan

https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion...dalone-bundle/

2) Helms Deep, latest expansion (Nov 2013)

https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion-packs/

Those are the two items you need With them you'll have all expansions covered

I newly joined recently, and I'm enjoying it very much!

I just bought a new computer. what is best to go about getting the game to the new PC? I have all the expansions throiugh Rohan, but haven't bouth HD yet. What shoiuld be my approach to get game through Rohan anbd then add HD?

I'm not sure what one had to do with the other...

When download the game, you download the entire game. Helm's Deep included. If you have not bought the expansion yet, that only means that you won't be able to quest there or start/advance any deeds there. Buying a quest pack and/or expansion does not cause you to need to download anything else.

Think of the quest packs and expansions as on-disc DLC. You already had the data, you're just paying to access it. And, of course, the "disc" was free.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I just bought a new computer. what is best to go about getting the game to the new PC?
    Copy the game folder from your old PC to your new one and run TurbineRegisterGDF.exe.