We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Jinjaah is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    Well I look forward to that then

I guess it also depends on which skills you consider for it. For skills with rather high cooldowns (Heartseeker bleed, Blood Arrow Extan.... bleed) it doesn't make much difference to me if the ticks come faster than every 2 seconds
    The problem I was mentioning is this very issue you mention of time between ticks and additional ticks being two very separate things in our game. If they were linked to one another, than my tune would certainly change.

-Jinjaah

Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjaah View Post
    That's odd, I will add it to my list of things to check out and see what the deal is.

-Jinjaah
    Just a follow up as some people on the team have pointed out, this issue is indeed bugged. I will poke the designer in charge of it.

-Jinjaah

Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    The lack of defensive cds is quite frustrating when half the creeps are now MTed BAs and wargs.

I play my burg and Gambler has Bob and weave and the other like it in QK thats ON HIT. On top of possible double hips/TnG/FF. Then I play my hunter out there and its at the bottom of the food chain. Its fine if you like being in a raid with (enough) heals and cappies while the raid zergs your attackers. Solo kinda sux :P
    If you feel powerful now, go pvp and get caught solo by a good creep player and see how one sided the fight is.

Even if BOTR is turned to a something like reaver wrath skill, or if endurance gave a passive parry/evade %, maybe % reflect...thats something.

For stances, I think the ability to turn drop and reenter it without stance cooldown would fix the low buff duration. But then again, perma 40% evade.....does that count as a cd despite no cd?
    As for debuffs, with people having record high finesse now, -bpe seems abit weak compared to other debuffs. Archers mark should be turned to % instead.

Also it might just be me but seems ps dmg didnt scale well out there againsts ranked creeps and their crit def is working much better than mine :P
    (60% crit def/19 aud and wargs still hit me for so much).

Will look forward to any future changes.

As for the hunter slows, it is abit much..50% slow with coffee with bubble and COTH....BUT it is our survival ability..considering every class out there barely have cds on thier skills anymore..
    Agreed. As for the Archers Mark and debuff talk I want to play a wait and see game. We are working on some stat adjustment work that may alleviate this issue. If it does not, then percents or a change in functionality will be in order.

-Jinjaah

The problem I was mentioning is this very issue you mention of time between ticks and additional ticks being two very separate things in our game. If they were linked to one another, than my tune would certainly change.

-Jinjaah
    Aaah ok. I just haven't really noticed that on the Captain where you can get up to +9 extra ticks on bleeds from Cutting Attack and Grave Wound. I did see quite a few problems with Captain bleeds during Beta (and still one in PvMP), so I'm not surprised if bleeds are tricky to manage in LotrO.

Are you going to get to addressing other classes soon Jinjaah? Really good to see this, just not sure if you're still getting around to them or aren't planning too, just can't read minds.
    [CENTER].[/CENTER]

You're welcome!
    Trapper has been a ton of fun, I started one fresh at launch to wait out the moors dead period, and I find myself on him whenever my pvp angst gets too high.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastoyz View Post
    Are you going to get to addressing other classes soon Jinjaah? Really good to see this, just not sure if you're still getting around to them or aren't planning too, just can't read minds.
    Yeah I plan on swinging through the RK and Champ forums in the neat future. Have a few threads forming with feedback that I wanted to address but hopefully tomorrow morning I can start chatting with you all. If you would like to set up a thread like this one to start shooting back and forth feel free. Otherwise I can start one tomorrow or hope into one and hit the ground running.

-Jinjaah

Yeah I plan on swinging through the RK and Champ forums in the neat future. Have a few threads forming with feedback that I wanted to address but hopefully tomorrow morning I can start chatting with you all. If you would like to set up a thread like this one to start shooting back and forth feel free. Otherwise I can start one tomorrow or hope into one and hit the ground running.

-Jinjaah
    Monday Tuesday Hunter days,
    Wednesday, Thursday champ days,
    Friday is RK day!

These days are ours....

think happy.
    Last edited by Eldarian_Grace; Jan 08 2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: being a dufuss
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

3. The stealth tracking was never intended to disappear and was more of an oversight on our implementation. I will take a look at re-integrating the functionality back, but I doubt you will not see it until update 13.
    Really? Sorry to hear this. I really can't wait until March to see a fix on this. You've lost a customer.
    Note: My posts are my OPINION, and are NOT intended to "troll", "provoke", "bait" or "harass".
    If my posts are taken as such, then I humbly apologize in advance.

Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrito View Post
    Really? Sorry to hear this. I really can't wait until March to see a fix on this. You've lost a customer.
    Sorry to hear that.

-Jinjaah

It's certainly a matter for concern, and also, I think it's why we lost Enchilada and Taco a few weeks ago. They were my friends.

Seriously though, if you read up, he said he was considering putting it off so they could do more, than just the easiest fix.
    Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Jan 08 2014 at 08:21 PM.

Just a follow up as some people on the team have pointed out, this issue is indeed bugged. I will poke the designer in charge of it.

-Jinjaah
    Thanks so much! I'd love to finally get my last trait point!
    . Montras (Main - Hunter 95); Goswen (Minstrel - 95): Monntras (Captain - 21) ; Amtu (Black Arrow R8) Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle

It is sad, when only one dev who is communicating is for class, which has fewest (in comparison with others almost no) problems...

Commander Liliam - the Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Vilda View Post
    It is sad, when only one dev who is communicating is for class, which has fewest (in comparison with others almost no) problems...
    I private messaged Jinjaah before all the devs went on holiday break to get this thread set up. There is nothing stopping anyone from doing the same with their classes. Champs already dame and got Junjaah into a thread made for Jin there.
    Talk to Warden dev in PM and start your own
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

-Jinjaah
    Thank you very much! This is all Ive been wanting, to get some words haha. I'm very happy now and look forward to big improvements if things stay like this.
    Thanks!
    [CENTER].[/CENTER]

I really only have one issue I want to discuss like always, for the past um, half decade. Survivability. We still have no "O ####" skill. It seems we are the only class in the game without one and nothing to get away with. The cry of the hunter bubble is so small it is...well so small. Press onward is still a long induction. For especially pvmp we are pretty much always the easiest class to kill.

Jin has there ever been any thoughts making press onward usable while moving? After all Uruk heal is FAR more potent, for the full fellow and is usable while moving... and they have 100% 80% evade chance nearly lol

Cry of the hunter larger bubble?

Needfulhaste actually doesn't set back inductions?

I heard a rumor at one point in BETA that needfulhaste returned some morale? I'd been talking about this for years and was delighted but then it was removed?

I guess if you can throw one line at me on your thoughts about hunter survival and possible changes 1-2 lines particularly in pvp would be grateful.

Hi Jin, thank you so much for taking he time to talk with us. ty also OP for setting this up gj.

Just thinking ahead - hopefully we will have raids in the future and I'm wondering if we have sufficient focus burn to maintain a steady rotation, as well as pop threat reduction, emergency heal and burst, corruption removal etc. At the moment we don't have any fights sophisticated enough to test out on.

my main feedback is about pvp as this is where the new traits can be really tested to the max at the moment.

- stealth track, glad its coming back, its bread and butter, 12.2 would be awesome, not so keen on a combined track, I need to know what is a warg. not keen for it to be in only one trait line as at the moment.
    - cry of the hunter - as mentioned already, it has a horrible delay at the moment, also any chance to scale up the bubble?
    - switching traits pops us out of stealth and turns off find the path. any way around this? its a pain esp when solo in the moors.
    - Im lucky enough to have a very old 75 sword with the + camo legacy, which I use in the moors. I noticed that it now takes a lot more points to max this legacy than before HD, is that intentional?

In pvp > loving yellow on solo and in raids, blue is fun when on the move (bionic run speed ), red is great for pew pew - camo upshot with 3 hunters is great fun - revenge!

keep it up, thanks.

I am not happy with it at the moment. During implementation before Beta, we had long discussion about this very fear and at the time we had a very potent slow tied to the huntsman as the trade off. As we play tested it, we decided that the slow while induction was too much of a penalty that it took away the purpose of huntsman. I think the solution is to not touch the slow on the hunter and instead adjust the cooldown/duration of their slow to try and balance it out. For pvp, it just too powerful at the moment.

-Jinjaah
    So would this capability be modified for skirmisher BA's as well then? They've been doing this for a couple years now. Its not that I disagree, it's just that if what you say is true, then its true. Period. Regardless of class or faction.

I have to agree with Snowlock on this one. If the mechanic isn't viable okay, but maybe we should take a look at Skirm stance as well.
    [img]http://s27.postimg.org/f3aqzcrlv/abcd.jpg[/img]

I would like to see some kind of other ways to reduce trap cooldown in Trapper to make it more useful in group. Currently, the only one way to get Trap cooldown reduced is getting hit, which is fine in solo and pvp, but hard to achieve in group (though mobs mostly hit you like a moquisto compared to your huge morale pool and increased potency of healers). Suggestion: Make trap cooldown reduced when a trap is successfully triggered (5s per trap, for example)

Also, I wonder what Trap Parts will do when it is introduced. Currently, Trapper has all ability of past-crafted traps (Tripple Trap, Lure Trap, Tripwire, Quick Trap, not sure about Bear Trap), so I would hope trap parts will do something more creative than making triple trap into quartuple trap.

About Camouflage's animation, currently, a hunter needs to stand still to use, and there is 3s of rooting in one place. I hate this so much that I rather use Improved Focus and shoot my skill. I guess the reason here is to make sure that player won't accidentally break the stealth when camouflage is in its animation. Suggest: Let camouflage useable on-move with a short duration buff for being movable in in stealth (3s, maybe), and moving will certainly break the stealth after the buff is expired. I think it will encourage more the stealth-sniping hunter playstyle.

Any plan to improve Strength of the Earth? Currently, it is suck as recovery skill because press onward is a lot nicer recovery skill with la convenient off-specs investment. As a focus regen skill, Huntsman regen focus so fast that this skill contributes insignificantly, and it is out of reach for other trees to get. Suggestion: Improve it into a better skill. Or put it at the first tier of Huntsman together with the focus regen trait, so it it is accessable to othe trees.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    About Camouflage's animation, currently, a hunter needs to stand still to use, and there is 3s of rooting in one place. I hate this so much that I rather use Improved Focus and shoot my skill. I guess the reason here is to make sure that player won't accidentally break the stealth when camouflage is in its animation. Suggest: Let camouflage useable on-move with a short duration buff for being movable in in stealth (3s, maybe), and moving will certainly break the stealth after the buff is expired. I think it will encourage more the stealth-sniping hunter playstyle.
    This! It has always bothered me, just never given any serious thoughts about it. Great for pointing it out. It'd be great if it would apply as silvan shadows, the possibility to enter stealth on the move.
    Trait trees have ruined the game

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    I really like this idea as well.
    [CENTER].[/CENTER]

The camo delay also makes it fiddly to get all pre-fight buffs for that one giant upshot (camo, focus, burn hot)...

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    I really only have one issue I want to discuss like always, for the past um, half decade. Survivability. We still have no "O ####" skill. It seems we are the only class in the game without one and nothing to get away with. The cry of the hunter bubble is so small it is...well so small. Press onward is still a long induction. For especially pvmp we are pretty much always the easiest class to kill.

Jin has there ever been any thoughts making press onward usable while moving? After all Uruk heal is FAR more potent, for the full fellow and is usable while moving... and they have 100% 80% evade chance nearly lol

Cry of the hunter larger bubble?

Needfulhaste actually doesn't set back inductions?

I heard a rumor at one point in BETA that needfulhaste returned some morale? I'd been talking about this for years and was delighted but then it was removed?

I guess if you can throw one line at me on your thoughts about hunter survival and possible changes 1-2 lines particularly in pvp would be grateful.
    Agreed on the emergency skill hole, don't have a good answer for that at this time. Your other suggestions are definitely something to consider, will look into it. The needful haste rumor you heard was actually an error on my implementation. I removed it because it was never intended to be there. I think we can work something out though.

-Jinjaah

Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martigan View Post
    Hi Jin, thank you so much for taking he time to talk with us. ty also OP for setting this up gj.

Just thinking ahead - hopefully we will have raids in the future and I'm wondering if we have sufficient focus burn to maintain a steady rotation, as well as pop threat reduction, emergency heal and burst, corruption removal etc. At the moment we don't have any fights sophisticated enough to test out on.

my main feedback is about pvp as this is where the new traits can be really tested to the max at the moment.

- stealth track, glad its coming back, its bread and butter, 12.2 would be awesome, not so keen on a combined track, I need to know what is a warg. not keen for it to be in only one trait line as at the moment.
    - cry of the hunter - as mentioned already, it has a horrible delay at the moment, also any chance to scale up the bubble?
    - switching traits pops us out of stealth and turns off find the path. any way around this? its a pain esp when solo in the moors.
    - Im lucky enough to have a very old 75 sword with the + camo legacy, which I use in the moors. I noticed that it now takes a lot more points to max this legacy than before HD, is that intentional?

In pvp > loving yellow on solo and in raids, blue is fun when on the move (bionic run speed ), red is great for pew pew - camo upshot with 3 hunters is great fun - revenge!

keep it up, thanks.
    Glad to see yellow getting some love in pvp!

1. Yeah the stealth track will be update 13, but then we can talk about how it will return as it seems people have differing opinions why.
    2. Yeah the skill delays are always something i actively look to squish.
    3. I'm not sure if there is but I can speak with engineering on this issue. Dangerous things can happen if we do not strip most effects off of you upon switch sadly.
    4. I will take a look at the cost progression, it could be the formula blew up fixing a different issue.

-Jinjaah

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast