We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    OP confirmed silence spammer, has nothing of value to add to discussion on balance issues in PvP.

It is a shame, friend.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    where on earth do you get .5sec from? most is 0.8-9 and red line lms are very very squishy blue and yellow..not so much...
    Lms are not squishy in any line they just survive better in yellow and even more so in blue.

theres alot of deciding factors to making a Lm playable without getting blown up fast.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    OP confirmed silence spammer, has nothing of value to add to discussion on balance issues in PvP.

It is a shame, friend.
    what are you talking about?

It is a shame, friend.
    sorry buddy I only spam silence stainless. the cheapest players deserve the best treatment. p.s. its not like im macroing or anything, its implemented into the game..take it up with a dev.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Hatin' on Warg's 3 sec eye gouge. I was once Armdyl a Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Lms are not squishy in any line they just survive better in yellow and even more so in blue.

theres alot of deciding factors to making a Lm playable without getting blown up fast.
    well that is true I have stayed up in red as long as I have in yellow and blue just takes abit more umph.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Hatin' on Warg's 3 sec eye gouge. I was once Armdyl a Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    sorry buddy I only spam silence stainless. the cheapest players deserve the best treatment. p.s. its not like im macroing or anything, its implemented into the game..take it up with a dev.
    They give you a skill you should use the skill and not worry what others think

That's your prerogative of course but realize that this is a game with two players. If you do not treat your opponent with respect, they will stop coming out, and you have no game.
    * When defiler flies were obviously broken, many defilers on our server untraited and stopped using them.
    * When orc craft/fell wrought was unmitigated, our server made groups that purposefully did not slot those types of damage.
    Why?
    Fun.
    Unless you are ranking up, points cease to matter. What matters is fun fights.
    I will bring everything but the kitchen sink to a fight, but if something is obviously broken to the point it makes it no fun for the other side, it's not worth it.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    That's your prerogative of course but realize that this is a game with two players. If you do not treat your opponent with respect, they will stop coming out, and you have no game.
    * When defiler flies were obviously broken, many defilers on our server untraited and stopped using them.
    * When orc craft/fell wrought was unmitigated, our server made groups that purposefully did not slot those types of damage.
    Why?
    Fun.
    Unless you are ranking up, points cease to matter. What matters is fun fights.
    I will bring everything but the kitchen sink to a fight, but if something is obviously broken to the point it makes it no fun for the other side, it's not worth it.
    Silence isnt a broken skill and its working as intended and if theres soooooooooo many Lms playing and giving up fire damage for that id be impressed.

2 Lms play on my server who use it and maybe and i say maybe theres a total of 6 or 7 Lms who play in the moors period thats nothing compared to the defiler flies which didnt bother me or the orc damage which didnt bother me either.

Lms have the ability to silence a Wl big deal, kill the Lm and problem solved.

Ive always said 2 things about boxing

1. The person boxing needs the extra toons because they lack skill period and can fight with just one

2. TURBINE PROMOTES IT because it bring more money in and they DONT CARE what anyone else thinks.

Wonder how creeps would feel about 6 Lms,Minnys or Rks Hmmmm something i think i should try
    If Turbine gives you the ability to multibox, you should do so and not complain about others who do.

Its bad enough the delving and keeps give more renown/infamy but now we've got sooooooooooo many freeps and creeps using the store scrolls to gain more, how about have a little bit of honor and not use those and go out and work/earn your infamy/renown .

Im sure i'll be blasted for it but i cant give credit to either side when they rank for using those nor do i even want to group with them.

Rant off.

Love me

If Turbine allows you to use Infamy buffs, you should do so and not complain when others do it.

Just taking your silly world view to its equally silly logical conclusion here ;p

Silence isnt a broken skill and its working as intended and if theres soooooooooo many Lms playing and giving up fire damage for that id be impressed.

2 Lms play on my server who use it and maybe and i say maybe theres a total of 6 or 7 Lms who play in the moors period thats nothing compared to the defiler flies which didnt bother me or the orc damage which didnt bother me either.

Lms have the ability to silence a Wl big deal, kill the Lm and problem solved.
    Anyone not willing to admit that having a 100% uptime silence is "broken" is very difficult to take seriously in any sort of discussion.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Any 100% uptime cc is broken in PvP, and yes, silence/disarm is cc too, and 10s graybar is long in pvp. The ability to disable several of the main-healers from the opposing side indefinitely is just broken, and we are not talking about a single LM that can do it, so kill the LM argument doesn't go well. Have 3 LMs with silence, a cappy, 2 minis, and you can roll 24-man creep raids with ease, just silence the WLs, than kill them, bubble the one that gets focussed, than nuke down the rest of the raid, repeat.

Giving up that 10% Fire damage bonus? I never even considered it since it's been made a 4set bonus, 3,5k crit defence > that bit of extra damage imo.

Anyway, LEGENDofALL is right, frost lore silence is WAI, as in it's not bugged. But it is a MAJOR design flaw, and that should be fixed asap.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Any 100% uptime cc is broken in PvP, and yes, silence/disarm is cc too, and 10s graybar is long in pvp. The ability to disable several of the main-healers from the opposing side indefinitely is just broken, and we are not talking about a single LM that can do it, so kill the LM argument doesn't go well. Have 3 LMs with silence, a cappy, 2 minis, and you can roll 24-man creep raids with ease, just silence the WLs, than kill them, bubble the one that gets focussed, than nuke down the rest of the raid, repeat.

Giving up that 10% Fire damage bonus? I never even considered it since it's been made a 4set bonus, 3,5k crit defence > that bit of extra damage imo.

Anyway, LEGENDofALL is right, frost lore silence is WAI, as in it's not bugged. But it is a MAJOR design flaw, and that should be fixed asap.
    I guess if you want to nibble over the definition of broken. It's working as designed, in that it adds a silence to the skill as stated. Broken does not necessarily mean "bugged" or that using this is an "exploit". It's a term about balance, not about intent.

As for the 10% fire damage, this like every other similar bonus only effects your base damage. It gets functionally weaker the more mastery you add, as it becomes a smaller and smaller overall bonus compared to your damage without it. It's probably closer to 4-5% bonus in practice, and it comes out basically as a rounding error when you parse this through mitigation and audacity. It's very much worth skipping for the moors in favor of the crit D, or any set bonus really.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post

1. you can only silence a WL

2. I would agree it needs some kinda CD on it, i said when it came out it was OP

3. Like i said on my server its a none factor only 2 use it

But i dont know what server youre on but you couldnt have 6 of those classes grouped up and kill 24 creeps because id take 12 wargs along to silence ,fear etc... the freeps and down they'd go

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    If Turbine gives you the ability to multibox, you should do so and not complain about others who do.

If Turbine allows you to use Infamy buffs, you should do so and not complain when others do it.

Just taking your silly world view to its equally silly logical conclusion here ;p

Anyone not willing to admit that having a 100% uptime silence is "broken" is very difficult to take seriously in any sort of discussion.
    Youre just silly period, talking like you actually know something

Oh thats right i forgot youre the one complaining about creep side being broken and everything needs fixed

Youre just silly period, talking like you actually know something

Oh thats right i forgot youre the one complaining about creep side being broken and everything needs fixed
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Might be of use to you to understand post you quoted.

You equate any post on making improvements to the game, or game balance as "crying" or "complaining". This is nonsensical. Feedback is one of the primary functions of these forums. You may not agree with everything said here. I certainly don't agree with a solid majority of it (usually agree with the problem, but not their solution FWIW). That doesn't give you any standing to knock people for providing that feedback, or making their suggestions.

Saying anyone "Cries too much" is not constructive. Especially when you admit to sharing their views on things like the LM silence being "OP" in your own words. Perhaps rather than grand stand about what a non-complainy person you are (unless you're complaining about multiboxing, or infamy boosts, etc), you could instead offer constructive posts instead?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Might be of use to you to understand post you quoted.
    Stalker is a word they should use for you. get good kid and come back when you've got something good to say.

Spiders are broken we all know this so you can stop complaining about everyone elses classes already

Stalker is a word they should use for you. get good kid and come back when you've got something good to say.

Spiders are broken we all know this so you can stop complaining about everyone elses classes already
    I'm merely posting in a thread on game forums. I'm also a little old to be called a "kid". If you'd rather not see my posts, there's an option for that and I welcome you to avail yourself of it. I'm attempting to be constructive.

If you don't like my feedback, you are welcome to reply with your own thoughts or opinions as well.

I'm merely posting in a thread on game forums. I'm also a little old to be called a "kid". If you'd rather not see my posts, there's an option for that and I welcome you to avail yourself of it. I'm attempting to be constructive.

If you don't like my feedback, you are welcome to reply with your own thoughts or opinions as well.
    You said the forums are a place to give a opinion which is true which i did and will continue to do as i see fit. I gave my views on crying and its 100 percent true from my view regardless of what you call constructive or not it is whats REALLY happening.

Yes the silence is OP ,Yes it could use a little CD , no it doesnt end all for pvp period if you actually know how to counter it.

#### i could give a mile long list(sarcasm for mile) for both creep and freep side that needs to be fixed or go away but knowing this game and how it is it wont matter or wont get fixed anything soon.

Bottom line if its A SKILL use it period.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaapad View Post
    I find this thread amusing. I find you especially amusing. From what I've read of your posts, you sound like a mediocre player who talks too much. Seeing you say things such as "I have a skill like Waterlore why wouldnt i use it?" regarding 1v1s and then telling someone else to "get good" is quite laughable. You may want to consider spending less time posting nonsense and putting that time to better use improving as a player. In other words, "get good kid."

Regarding frost lore, it is plainly obvious that the Tradition set bonus fails to consider the cooldown (or lack thereof) of the skill itself. It should not be possible for one skill, with no cooldown, no induction, to almost completely disable a class. But obviously, some if not most "Loremasters" will do so anyway. Fine. To each his own. And no, I don't have a WL. My main is an LM. I'm done.
    1. I can show you how a warg can disable someone really quick

2. show me where i said im awesome, please do oh please show me

3. Your main a Lm ha i doubt it

Youre done im just started if you want to continue

thanks for playing

p.s. guess you didnt read where i said the silence needs a CD i guess you OVERLOOKED that to troll.

have a nice day

you are welcome to reply with your own thoughts or opinions as well.
    you are similarly welcome to not encourage it to speak any more than it already is
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

It is a shame, friend.
    The tribe you typically rally around were exploiting 1 update ago. Knowing this, you still piggybacked their false notion of fair play. A tad bit ironic if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampras View Post
    The tribe you typically rally around were exploiting 1 update ago. Knowing this, you still piggybacked their false notion of fair play. A tad bit ironic if you ask me.

If you put everything in that context, sure. Both the silence and the prior immediate bug aren't WAI, regardless. If you abuse either and then cry unfair, the irony is a bit more palpable.

If you put everything in that context, sure. Both the silence and the prior immediate bug aren't WAI, regardless. If you abuse either and then cry unfair, the irony is a bit more palpable.
    how can you even compare exploiting and a skill(Op or not, broken or not) in the same sentence?

Absolutely

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4