We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Proposal: Change to Instance Finder

The instance finder isn't used whatsoever right now, and I propose a change:

I got this idea while playing online poker. You click on join table, and a list appears with all the tables currently available, how many players on each table, and what the buy-in and small/big blinds are set at, which special rules, etc.

A player should be able to launch the instance finder, and see a list of groups currently being formed and/or in need of players. You can then choose to join any one.
    A group leader should be able to "publish to instance finder" so his group will be published for players to join.

Options can include minimum/maximum level, a 1-line note with what the leader has planned (e.g: "running Sammy/OE/Thadur"), and which classes are needed, e.g. one can reserve 2 spots for tank/heals, so after the first 4 fill up, only selected classes can still join the group. Of course tells can still be sent to leader, and leader can still manually invite.

As a joining player, perhaps one could also see the current list of FULL groups, and add yourself to a waiting list. When a player drops, the raid/group leader can then choose from the current people on the waiting list, and add a new player right away, even when the group is still mid-raid.

It seems to me there needs to be a better solution then the CURRENT instance finder, and using the GLFF channel to find people.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

instance finder

I would like to see when you get a new instance The instance window should show you what is new instead of defaulting to the top. It is irritating at the least to not have a idea what you just got.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post

I got this idea while playing online poker. You click on join table, and a list appears with all the tables currently available, how many players on each table, and what the buy-in and small/big blinds are set at, which special rules, etc.

A player should be able to launch the instance finder, and see a list of groups currently being formed and/or in need of players. You can then choose to join any one.
    A group leader should be able to "publish to instance finder" so his group will be published for players to join.

Options can include minimum/maximum level, a 1-line note with what the leader has planned (e.g: "running Sammy/OE/Thadur"), and which classes are needed, e.g. one can reserve 2 spots for tank/heals, so after the first 4 fill up, only selected classes can still join the group. Of course tells can still be sent to leader, and leader can still manually invite.

As a joining player, perhaps one could also see the current list of FULL groups, and add yourself to a waiting list. When a player drops, the raid/group leader can then choose from the current people on the waiting list, and add a new player right away, even when the group is still mid-raid.

It seems to me there needs to be a better solution then the CURRENT instance finder, and using the GLFF channel to find people.
    Excellent idea!
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Oh my what a brilliant idea. It would be great if it also published a link to auto join in glff Channel just once for every push of a button (with limit to posts) it's not just about making things easier but it makes things more inviting. People for use instance finder because right now you have no idea if you are queuing alone or who else has picked what. The current system could fit in with the proposal

/signed completely
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Put this with cross server and you got a big problem solved.

No, cross server would be to expensive to do since Turbine has it so that servers are completely different worlds that do not interact.

It would take a TON of time and money to change that.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

I've often wondered why it wasn't this way to start with.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    I've often wondered why it wasn't this way to start with.
    Yes, certainly enough people said we need a group finder-rather than an instance finder.

The OPs idea would be excellent-especailly as the tech already exists and works in games where money changes hands.

However,
    no new instances to group for,
    raiders are single digit minortiy therefore money spent on groupers is a waste because groupers are now called raiders and therefore are single digits too,
    what we really need is more table cloth wearing horses
    and new hairstyles,
    and beornings or some other new class
    would all be stated as 'reasons' to not implement it.

Sorry folks, feeling a bit bitter today-just saw the bullroarer class changes. Minstrels get a single line in the fixes and that is varying one skill tha no one had a problem with: our orome is to become elendil in 2 stances. That's it.
    Back to the RK,
    and wishing someone would listen to the people who play and care enough to post these great ideas.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

I'd love to see something done with this. Literally have spent hours in an instance que as a healer and never got a group. I'm on landroval, but it feels dead.

Isn't that, what the social panel is for?