We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Class Armor Restrictions

Is it ever explained anywhere why light and medium armour classes can't use heavy armor as cosmetics?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_kun View Post
    Is it ever explained anywhere why light and medium armour classes can't use heavy armor as cosmetics?

Thanks.
    It's not entirely correct to say they can't. You can use any type of armor when you put it in your wardrobe, since that creates a cosmetic copy (which obviously has no type restrictions). When you try to equip (even cosmetically) from inventory, you're still subject to class armor restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_kun View Post

Thanks.
    Well same reason we can't really use them, As the guy above me said about wardrobes, they're VERY handy for maximizing your outfit to make your cosmetic dream, I'd get one if I were you! yet sadly no you can NOT go into Narnia through it...
    I use to wonder what friendship could be...
    Until you all shared this magic with me!

As for the why: Because the W-game has similar limitations.

When the wardrobe first came out, it worked the same as the "standard" cosmetic slots: All non-pure-cosmetic pieces in it had actually be bound to you - that means that you had to have the right level, armor class and character class.

People complained and complained, so that restriction was removed, now we can drop everything in the wardrobe and use it cosmetically on every character.

Yes you can even purchase armour for another class at the Skirmish Classic vendor or in Harndirion and slap it in your wardrobe. It's really worth it if you love to customize your looks.
    Find my Lotro outfits @ www.cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    Yes you can even purchase armour for another class at the Skirmish Classic vendor or in Harndirion and slap it in your wardrobe. It's really worth it if you love to customize your looks.
    Better yet, most of those armors are available in their cosmetic version -- which don't bind and have no class restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezmer View Post
    Better yet, most of those armors are available in their cosmetic version -- which don't bind and have no class restriction.
    Not the Harndirion armours, the Dol Guldur sets or the Epic Annuminas or Epic Helegrod sets, the Galtrev sets or the Ox-clan Camp sets. So it's still worth looking at the Classic Vendor's inventory or travel to Enedwaith or Dunland.
    Find my Lotro outfits @ www.cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com

Dude, I can't pull my bow back to shoot it.., but doesn't my plate look good! C'mon people, my guardian is not going to defend you wearing a skirt
    P.S. thank you for allowing me to instill my first post