We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Which expsansions pack do I really need?

Greetings!
    After a long time of not playing this amazing game, I decided to return to it.
    So far I got The Mines of Moria, Mirkjwood and Isengard packs.
    To continue my experience of playing do I need the Rohan expansion or I just need to buy the Helm´s Deep?
    Thank you for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrapt View Post
    Greetings!
    After a long time of not playing this amazing game, I decided to return to it.
    So far I got The Mines of Moria, Mirkjwood and Isengard packs.
    To continue my experience of playing do I need the Rohan expansion or I just need to buy the Helm´s Deep?
    Thank you for your answers.
    Riders of Rohan is level 75-85 content. Helm's Deep is 85-95. If you don't buy RoR, then you will have to make up the difference in order to level. The epic quest line in Great River, RoR, and Wildermore is available, and that will get you a few levels, including getting your War Steed. Then you'll have to do things like grind landscape mobs and/or skirmishes for the XP. Boredom may become an issue.

Edit: Also, if you buy HD you can run the epic battles there at level 10 and higher. You get scaled up to 95. That's some decent XP.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Riders of Rohan is a must in my personal opinion. Beautiful landscape, interesting quests, mounted combat (and even mounted harvesting)
    Helm's Deep - yes, a must.

Other regions may be purchased should you wish:
    Great River: some interesting quests, although only ~300 Turbine points in return. Interesting story line (not to spoil, but I really wish to slice Grima into several thousand parts!)
    Wildermore: a bit repetative with daily grind for reputation. I purchased at sale so as to minimize losses by 100 Turbine points.

Another region is Lothlorien. I personally liked its landscape and some typicaly-elven quests. Not too much TP in return though.

Save money. If you subscribe, do epics and level in Wildermore, even the Great River if you haven't yet. But use your daily xp in skirms set to duo, but ran by yourself. This will give you hoards of xp to start the day, and then quests easily supplement. You can get past 85 this way quite easily. Then it's up to if you want to get Helm's Deep, or just grind levels. -The Cheapo Leveling Guide, brought to you by Peresbert of Riddermark.

Today I realized that if I buy Helms deeps Special edition, I will have enough turbine points to buy rides do Rohan exp.
    And I am only level 64 so...I guess it is a good deal?or not?

That sounds like a good plan to me. I always advocate for seeing all the content that you can. So while you can technically grind levels all the way up, it is nice to do the quests in all the regions.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

If you do every quest available and repeats, you can get 83 doing the level 75 content in ROI. It won't necessarily be fun or exciting. You can go straight to HD at 83. There's plenty of content to level to 95 from 83 there. I personally liked Rohan for the most part, so if you want to try all content, go ahead and buy. Wildermore was not very interesting and the least Tolkienesque region to date. The only thing of value there are the legendary titles, and stats are nearly meaningless with 95 crafted armor and jewelry so easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    Save money. If you subscribe, do epics and level in Wildermore, even the Great River if you haven't yet. But use your daily xp in skirms set to duo, but ran by yourself. This will give you hoards of xp to start the day, and then quests easily supplement. You can get past 85 this way quite easily. Then it's up to if you want to get Helm's Deep, or just grind levels. -The Cheapo Leveling Guide, brought to you by Peresbert of Riddermark.
    Unless you have the lifetime pass, I have to wonder why anybody would maintain a subscription rather than buy the quad pack. Once you cross into Moria, you are going to be doing expansion quests for a long time, and there aren't many VIP-included things left (they can typically be picked up for TP: at least until cap and PvMP).

Note that this shouldn't prevent you from picking up a subscription for at least one month, as the retained benefits are typically worth it.