We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner

Store Item: Skip Tiers of Crafting Guild

By the Valar! After running 1 toon through crafting as a metalsmith, and almost finishing with a weaponsmith(Just 4-5 more weeks!), I would LOVE to see this implemented. For 500 tp, you could skip a tier of the crafting guild... Or buy the "Complete Crafting Guild" bundle for 5000 Turbine Points.

Feedback?
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    By the Valar! After running 1 toon through crafting as a metalsmith, and almost finishing with a weaponsmith(Just 4-5 more weeks!), I would LOVE to see this implemented. For 500 tp, you could skip a tier of the crafting guild... Or buy the "Complete Crafting Guild" bundle for 5000 Turbine Points.

Feedback?
    If they add this the prices will be at least on a similar level as the "Skip Crafting Tier" items, so 1k to 5k TP per tier (see http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Craf...ier_Completion). 500 TP per tier would be way too cheap esp. at the later tiers, maybe 500 TP for 10-20k reputation (else all VIPs will have the new tier and full set of items directly at release).
    A "complete" bundle is problematic as they'd have to update it with every new tier, and that involves all kinds of complications.

And in general this idea has the problem of some people buying crafting guild tiers without having the corresponding crafting tier and then feel "cheated" into buying those tiers as well.

In summary not really a good idea, easier and better solution would be to add a 10x reputation accelerator item so you can reach top tier with just one set of guild items (haven't checked the numbers exactly but should work out I think) as it avoids all the problems listed above, doesn't invalidate existing reputation and only requires a single store item to be added (though they could add multiple items with different bonus reputation limits for convenience).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

This is a horrible idea which stinks of Pay-2-Win. Where does it stop?

Unnecessary. The only thing that slows down building crafting skill is access to resources. With most of the later wood and metal-ish tiers having a 'processing' option, even that is a fairly light requirement these days. Cooks can mass-farm, so only scholars might have trouble getting mats. (auction house, after a new area has been going for a month or so). Once you have the skill, then experienced crafters learn to keep churning out guild symbols, possibly from as far back as the last three tiers - and stick them in storage so that when a new tier shows up, regaining reputation mastery becomes trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by wachkussen View Post
    Unnecessary. The only thing that slows down building crafting skill is access to resources. With most of the later wood and metal-ish tiers having a 'processing' option, even that is a fairly light requirement these days. Cooks can mass-farm, so only scholars might have trouble getting mats. (auction house, after a new area has been going for a month or so).
    The OP was talking about crafting guild tiers, for crafting tiers there are already store items to skip tiers.
    Once you have the skill, then experienced crafters learn to keep churning out guild symbols, possibly from as far back as the last three tiers - and stick them in storage so that when a new tier shows up, regaining reputation mastery becomes trivial.
    While you can store guild items to help with new tiers (even without you can do a new tier in one/two weeks with current accelerators), levelling up guild tiers on a new alt is quite annoying, you can reach max crafting tier in a day, but need to wait months for your guild tier to catch up (esp. without large symbols on the first two tiers and the nerfed reputation values). So while I personally dislike the idea he has a point.
    As for p2w complaints, half the store would have to be removed (100% crit scroll, crafting tiers, level 50 complete package, PvMP stuff, LI stuff, ...). This is basically just about reducing/removing pointless idle time. Of course I'd rather have it done by an in-game solution, but given the recent change in reputation values that seems unlikely.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Ilhsul View Post
    How would it give me an advantage over another player, exactly?

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by wachkussen View Post
    and stick them in storage so that when a new tier shows up, regaining reputation mastery becomes trivial.
    OK. You do that on a brand new toon created AFTER the new tier came out...

How would it give me an advantage over another player, exactly?
    It gives you instant access to the best recipes in the game with no effort expended. It absolutely is pay to win.

It gives you instant access to the best recipes in the game with no effort expended. It absolutely is pay to win.
    Ok, but I still get the same recipes that anyone else would. So I'm not paying to win, just paying to get there fast.

Ok, but I still get the same recipes that anyone else would. So I'm not paying to win, just paying to get there fast.
    Yes, undermining the effort of others who have taken months of time and resources to get there.

Turbine might as well sell end-game gear if they're going to do this.

I don't believe this to be a true statement. A lot of the 'best' recipes in the game are rep-gated with the 'end-game' factions.

Yes, undermining the effort of others who have taken months of time and resources to get there.

Turbine might as well sell end-game gear if they're going to do this.
    Some people have time to invest in the game... others have money to invest in the game. Turbine has even publicly said they put items in the store for the latter. It's not p2w but it's about as close as they can get without actually crossing that line.

It stops with you accepting that all MMOs are Pay-2-Win now, not just the one you are playing, and just not caring about whether other people pay or play their way to the cap.

Competitive MMOs are a thing of the past, unfortunately.