We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

AH Sold Items - Keep 'Locked' Status?

Hello - don't know if this has been asked before but couldn't find it in a cursory search of the forum. If I sell an item in the AH that I had set to 'locked' in my inventory, will it still be 'locked' when the purchaser receives it?

I know that when you mail someone a 'locked' item, it reverts to 'unlocked' when they receive it. Not sure how this works in the AH, though - I don't want any purchasers to become annoyed when receiving a 'locked' item they might want to sell later, if they don't happen to know how to unlock it.

I know the hypothetical purchaser could research how to do unlock an item in a few seconds, but still... I also realize that *I* could make sure everything I sell in the AH is set to 'unlocked,' but I wanted to know whether I should bother being that careful about it.

Editing the post - now I feel stupid because I realize the purchaser will have the item *mailed* to them, hence it will be 'unlocked' when they receive it. Confirmation would be appreciated, though, as well as any other weird quirks/tidbits about locking/unlocking inventory items that anyone cares to share (besides that you can do it at a vendor or with a key combination - I already know about that. ).
    Last edited by Giode76; Jan 07 2014 at 05:40 PM.

In all the hundreds, if not thousands of AH trades I've made, I've never ever seen a locked item. Your locked status on that item does not, to the best of my knowledge, carry over to anyone else.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C2C2A3][B]ArcticAurora [/B][COLOR=#999966]95 S/B Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Pavello[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 OP Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Canadian[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 Capt[/COLOR] ... [SIZE=1]et alts[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]2013 Player Councillor[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]//[/B] [SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]Rich people would rebuild the Bridge of Khazad-Dûm. Wealthy players fill the great chasm with gold.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq163/dsrtfx207/rich_zps70199bf0.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Giode76 View Post
    Editing the post - now I feel stupid because I realize the purchaser will have the item *mailed* to them, hence it will be 'unlocked' when they receive it. Confirmation would be appreciated, though, as well as any other weird quirks/tidbits about locking/unlocking inventory items that anyone cares to share (besides that you can do it at a vendor or with a key combination - I already know about that. ).
    The purchaser will NOT have the item locked when they receive it. Locking an item merely prevents you from selling or deconstructing it. It doesn't carry over to other characters.

In fact, if you have shared storage, locked items you place in storage are NOT locked when another character removes them from storage... but they're still locked if YOU retrieve them from shared storage. Locked is limited to your character.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>