We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Need Advice

Need Advice

I crafted a level 95 2nd age hunter's bow for myself, and after identifying it the bow has 3 major tiers to start with: focus and induction power cost reduction and merciful shot cooldown. My dilemma is that I do not care about power cost reduction, the only 3 major tiers I care about are merciful shot cooldown, induction and focus crit.

I have some questions, because I forgot how this stuff works.

1. Is it very rare to start with 3 major legacies on an item?

2. All of the bows legacies are tier 4, which is great, but what happens to the tier level if I swap a major for a major? Does it stay at 4 or go down to 2?

3. Does starting with 3 majors reduce the odds of gaining new majors at levels 10,20, and 30?

4. What would a bow like this sell for? I'm thinking about selling it and using the money to buy mats to try again. I gotta have focus and induction crit. Merciful shot cooldown is a favorite of mine but it pales in comparison to those 2.

5. Is the max item level for 95lis still 60 (70 with scroll)? I read something that sounded like they are capped at 40 for some bizarre reason, say it aint so!

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hothoen View Post
    1. Is it very rare to start with 3 major legacies on an item?
    No... You always start with 3 Major legacies. You have a small chance of being able to add another Major legacy on lvl 10, 20 and 30 reforges, but are more likely of having to choose between 2 Minor legacies.
    2. All of the bows legacies are tier 4, which is great, but what happens to the tier level if I swap a major for a major? Does it stay at 4 or go down to 2?
    All legacies added from scrolls, except the stats, start at Tier 2.
    3. Does starting with 3 majors reduce the odds of gaining new majors at levels 10,20, and 30?
    No. Again, all LI's start off with 3 Majors.
    4. What would a bow like this sell for? I'm thinking about selling it and using the money to buy mats to try again. I gotta have focus and induction crit. Merciful shot cooldown is a favorite of mine but it pales in comparison to those 2.
    It depends on the economy of your server, but I doubt it would go for much. You'd most likely do better using legacy and empowerment scrolls to get what you want.

5. Is the max item level for 95lis still 60 (70 with scroll)?
    Yes.
    I read something that sounded like they are capped at 40 for some bizarre reason, say it aint so!
    Your first LI is capped at 40, but by the time you get to 95 it should have long since been scrapped.

Swapping and empowering legacies is fairly cheap these days so you're better off going that route, in my opinion. Also you should level your bow up to at least 30 before swapping any legacies out, since you may even get the legacy you wanted on a lucky reforge. An IXP rune between 500k-867k will do the trick (but don't go any higher than this or the bow will reach lvl40, and you may end up having to upgrade a legacy you didn't really want to keep).
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    Swapping and empowering legacies is fairly cheap these days so you're better off going that route, in my opinion. Also you should level your bow up to at least 30 before swapping any legacies out, since you may even get the legacy you wanted on a lucky reforge. An IXP rune between 500k-867k will do the trick (but don't go any higher than this or the bow will reach lvl40, and you may end up having to upgrade a legacy you didn't really want to keep).

It's not cheap, it's 75 bucks a scroll on my server and isn't it true that you can only use a scroll once per legacy? So those tier 4 legacies could only go as high as 5, and if I swapped them for the ones I wanted and started at 2, they would only get as high as 3.

I went against the advice of this thread and it paid off, I crafted a second bow. My new bow not only has 2 of the 3 legacies that I covet but both of them are tier 5! Luckily, the other legacy that I will swap out is only tier 3, so at the end of the day I am only losing out on one tier ranking when I swap it out. I can't imagine I could ever craft a finer 2nd age bow for myself. After I use the scrolls I will have 2 tier 6 major legacies and one tier 3, which I plan on improving more when I hit the high reforging stages.

As for the other bow, I am hoping that somebody out there covets those power saving legacies and will buy it. I invested a ton of time into this process but it only set me back 75 gold, and seeing as how the mats sell for a combined 220 I am asking for 250 with a 300 buyout. Getting rich would be the icing on the cake! Worst case scenario will yield around 100, so still a profit.

So what does this all mean? I don't even know exactly, but obviously I have saved some points to distribute to my bow. I'd like to think it's around 50? That could mean the difference in ranking up a usefule minor legacies to 6 instead of keeping it at 1? Who can say for sure.

Thanks again for the information, very educational!

It's not cheap, it's 75 bucks a scroll on my server and
    75 "bucks"? You mean gold? You always have the option to barter for the scrolls at Skirmish camps, Relic Masters, Helmingas rep barterers, etc.
    isn't it true that you can only use a scroll once per legacy?
    No. You can keep using scrolls of empowerment on a legacy until it gets to rank 6.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    75 "bucks"? You mean gold? You always have the option to barter for the scrolls at Skirmish camps, Relic Masters, Helmingas rep barterers, etc.

No. You can keep using scrolls of empowerment on a legacy until it gets to rank 6.
    Ah, well that's good to know, so if I upgrade my tier 2 major at levels 40,50, and 60 I will be at 5 with all 3 majors, and then I'll only need 3 scrolls to max them all. nice.

Yeah have you seen how much the skirm exchange is for one of them? I don't own HD so rep barterers are not an option, and I'm not dumping all of my relic and skirm resources on a couple of scrolls. I don't actually like skirmishing and I don't do a ton of instances (although I might find another kin that does that stuff more).

BTW that bow I didn't like was bought-out in less than an hour! I guess I can afford a few empowerment scrolls now, and I think I'll go through this process with my secondary LI as well.

Ah, well that's good to know, so if I upgrade my tier 2 major at levels 40,50, and 60 I will be at 5 with all 3 majors, and then I'll only need 3 scrolls to max them all. nice.
    Keep in mind that the level 40, 50, 60 and 70 (if unlocked w appropriate Delving scroll) upgrades pick two random legacies (of the 6 on the item) to choose between. There is no way to guarantee which are chosen. (Apart from any legacy already at t6 are of course not eligible for upgrade)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    Keep in mind that the level 40, 50, 60 and 70 (if unlocked w appropriate Delving scroll) upgrades pick two random legacies (of the 6 on the item) to choose between. There is no way to guarantee which are chosen. (Apart from any legacy already at t6 are of course not eligible for upgrade)
    Thanks for the reminder, I was thinking that I could choose anyone I wanted! I got the delving scroll, I gotta get it to 30, finalized my legacies, then get to 70 to finalize my upgrades then iron it all out with some scrolls of empowerment. Then there's star-lit crystals and a secondary LI to do to.