We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

FPS seems low for my new GTX 780

Hello,

I just put this system together..

Asus Rampage IV Extreme - Black Edtion
    Intel i7 4930K
    32 GB GSkill F3-24000C10Q 4Gx4 RAM
    (2 SLI) GForce GTX 780

When I log into LOTRO I only get 60 FPS and in Rohan the screen seems to have issue with updating the graphics.

Any suggestions?

I don't OC anything on the motherboard right now.

check in nvidias controll center and makesure all settings are set to application controlled also makesure vsync\sync to refresh is disabled

in game under graphics\advanced graphics makesure vsync\sync to refresh is disabled
    under troubleshooting makesure maximum framerate is not set to 60

if that fails try disabling one of your cards, you may get the same results by running lotro windowed which basicly the use of 1 card only.
    lotro does not offer any support for multiple graphics cards in some cases some people have reported lotro performs better with one cards disabled though the artical here suggests disabing "Alternate Frame Rendering" (AFR) which can act as a form of "safe mode" for SLI/Crossfire system
    http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...162+93+73+21+6

but imho 60 fps is more than enough for any game as most monitors cant display more than 60fps and it is reckoned that the human eye cant detect higher fps... iirc films are usually shot at around 24fps
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/"][U][SIZE=3]Mischievous Pipe-Weed Smokers[/SIZE][/U][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on [I]Snowbourn[/I] since 14/04/07[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=163438"]JOIN US[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Finglonger_UK View Post
    but imho 60 fps is more than enough for any game as most monitors cant display more than 60fps and it is reckoned that the human eye cant detect higher fps... iirc films are usually shot at around 24fps
    Television (NTSC format, PAL is a bit different) is 30 fps. The human eye views images as a continuous motion at about 24 fps, so anything higher than that will look smooth and fluid. Less than that and it starts looking jerky and stutters. Theaters are another beast entirely.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    Television (NTSC format, PAL is a bit different) is 30 fps. The human eye views images as a continuous motion at about 24 fps, so anything higher than that will look smooth and fluid. Less than that and it starts looking jerky and stutters. Theaters are another beast entirely.
    Indeed, that and your monitor probably doesn't have a refresh rate very much above 60 fps anyway, so all those extra frames would be wasted.

I believe I have seen some information that LotRO doesn't work well with SLi so disabling it when playing may give you better performance if you really feel you need it.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

disabling the V Sync worked thanks