We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Error, cannot patch!

Last Monday 1 April I logged in and got the update to 10.1. During the second Rohan screen, I get a new black screen displayed and the message "Error, cannot patch! and there is a standard LOTRO Quit button. Anyone have a fix or seen this before?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Roundbarrel; Apr 06 2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: wrong version of mac software

Quote Originally Posted by Roundbarrel View Post
    Last Monday 1 April I logged in and got the update to 10.1. During the second Rohan screen, I get a new black screen displayed and the message "Error, cannot patch! and there is a standard LOTRO Quit button. Anyone have a fix or seen this before?
    Yes and no.

In general, the sequence is: patch the launcher, restart the launcher, patch the client.

One cause of this is that the process(s) has gotten out of synch.

First off, make certain that you completely quit the client and reboot the Mac, making certain that you DO NOT check the "open previous applications" box on the reboot screen.

Then try again.

This time watch the log files: ~/Library/Logs/LotroLauncher.log -- this file is usually about 20 lines long and full of "errors" -- sometimes one of them is meaningful.

The second log file, probably more useful: ~/Library/Logs/com.turbine.lotroclient/PatchClient.log -- this file gets cycled, so you will probably have a number of .old versions.

That file is written to each time you fire-up the Launcher. It may contain a real error message.

The Patch process uses HTML.
    Make certain that any "web-clensing" anti-virus software is turned off.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Cool

Thanks for the advice, but I was not able fully resolve shot of re-installing which I encounter those pesky mac client pbm glitches. But I persisted.

I fixed my problem for the mac client by logging into my LOTRO account but stopping short of selecting a server. Previously I was 0 for 32 in my attempts to get the PMBinssafe file to begin the down loading process. With LOTRO poised to pick a server in the background I hit on my second attempt and the download program re-loaded the program and I could re-install the files. Never thought Bree would look so good!

Thanks

I had this problem. I tried three times same problem. restarted the mac and everything. Then I deleted all of the log files and tried again and it worked.