We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VIP Points FAQ

VIP Points FAQ

When are points granted?
    VIP points are granted within 48 hours of a successful VIP subscription payment, or within 48 hours of the monthly anniversary for multi month payments. For Lifetime subscribers, points are granted within 48 hours of the monthly anniversary of the payment date.
    -For example, if Duke’s billing date is on the 15th of the month for a single month payment, and his payment is successful, then he will get the points on the 15th or 16th.
    -If Smitty’s billing date is on the 20th, and he is on a 3 month plan, then every month on the 20th or 21st he’ll get his points (provided the payment for the 3 months of access processes).
    -If Jane's Lifetime subscription was paid on June 4th, she will get her monthly points on the 4th or 5th.

How does that work for Multi-Month Subscriptions?
    VIP Points for Multi Month Subscriptions are granted in the standard 500 point increments on a monthly basis. Multi month subscribers do not get all the points in a giant lump sum at the beginning of the billing period.
    -For example (as noted above) Smitty’s billing date is on the 20th, and he is on a 3 month plan, then every month on the 20th or 21st he’ll get his points (provided the payment for the 3 months of access processes).

How does that work for Lifetime Subscriptions?
    Lifetime subscribers get their points on the monthly anniversary, just like Multi-Month Subscribers.
    Lifetime subscribers have no additional requirements in order to receive VIP monthly points. They will automatically be delivered regardless if you log in or not.

How do I know I got my points?
    At this time there is no notification sent when VIP points are added. However, you can check your recent points history! To do please follow the directions in the next question.

How can I track Point Changes?
    You can check your recent points history! To do so:

-Open the Store
    -Click the "My Account" button at the top of the Store
    -On the next page, click "View History"

If you have questions about points prior to the available history, please feel free to contact Account Support.

I don't think I got my points!
    If you believe that points are missing for any reason, please wait 24 hours and see if they reappear. You may want to check the point history (directions listed above). If more than 24 hours has passed and you believe that the points are still gone, then please contact the Account Management department.

Posted October 1, 2010.
    Update Lifetime information October 4,2010.
    Update point history information May 11, 2011
    Removed some outdated information on April 30, 2013
    Last edited by CarpeNoctem; Apr 30 2013 at 12:14 PM.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO

Re: VIP Points FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    [COLOR=PaleTurquoise]When are points granted?
    VIP points are granted within 48 hours of a successful VIP subscription payment, or within 48 hours of the monthly anniversary for multi month payments. For Lifetime subscribers, points are granted within 48 hours of the monthly anniversary of the payment date.
    -For example, if Duke’s billing date is on the 15th of the month for a single month payment, and his payment is successful, then he will get the points on the 15th or 16th.
    -If Smitty’s billing date is on the 20th, and he is on a 3 month plan, then every month on the 20th or 21st he’ll get his points (provided the payment for the 3 months of access processes).
    -If Jane's Lifetime subscription was paid on June 4th, she will get her monthly points on the 4th or 5th.

How does that work for Lifetime Subscriptions?
    Lifetime subscribers get there points on the monthly anniversary, just like Multi-Month Subscribers.
    Lifetime subscribers have no additional requirements in order to receive VIP monthly points. They will automatically be delivered regardless if you log in or not.
    My anniversary date is Jan 31. What happens when the month does not have 31 days? I only ask because I am not sure I have received my points for September and it only has 30 days.

Also, since the award is granted within 48 hours my award will occur in the following month. Does the system know that this will not mess up the following months granting of the award?

thank you
    one of each, except the bear

Points are granted within 2 days of your payment or the anniversary of your payment. The system doesn't care what month it is. Points are related to a specific payment or anniversary, not a calendar month.

So, if your billing date is the 31st, you'll get your points by the 2nd.
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Ok let me put it to you like this. I turned a ticked on around about 10/15 as I did not see any tp. Neither on my account or my wife's account.

So I get the response from account support department. Both me and the wife got the same response your points were given to your account on 9/30/2010.

OK So every time I log in I write my points down no. Every time. Same with the wife's. Neither of us have spent one tp in the store, neither of us have done any deeds so its easy to keep up with as it never changes.

So I am thinking OK on 10/30/2010 the next set of 500 points should come through. Well its 11/1/2010 and my point total on both accounts is the same as it was on 10/15/2010.

I am going to wait a couple of more days just to see, but I am about ready to file 2 more tickets.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000310b/01003/signature.png]Isest[/charsig]

I am sorry, but we can't assist with account specific issues on the forums.

I would actually recommend that you respond to the previous ticket(s) rather than submitting new ones. Respond and note that you're not seeing the points, and explain what you did here. They will then be able to research further.

I think almost all life time subs are not getting the monthly allowance

I'm a lifetime subscriber and I have not yet received mine. Submitted three emails, one per week, and have not yet heard back. Frustrating.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000add5e/01008/signature.png]Zigarist[/charsig]

I can confirm that Lifetime subscribers have been and continue to receive their monthly points. I actually think they may be granted on the 30th of every month, but I'll confirm and update the first post if necessary.

I am sorry, but we cannot assist with account specific issues on the forums. If you have submitted a request, they will respond to the first one as soon as they are able to do so. If you have not yet submitted a request please feel free to do so.
    Last edited by Victorie; Nov 09 2010 at 08:17 PM.

I can confirm that Lifetime subscribers have been and continue to receive their monthly points. I actually think they may be granted on the 30th of every month, but I'll confirm and update the first post if necessary.

I am sorry, but we cannot assist with account specific issues on the forums. If you have submitted a request, they will respond to the first one as soon as they are able to do so. If you have not yet submitted a request please feel free to do so.
    I can report that my lifetime subs are getting their monthly points the day of or the day after each individual anniversary date, which is the actual date my credit card was charged (which I got by looking at old statements). For example, one of the subs anniversary date is the 20th and that's when I received points. Another is the 29th and that's when it got points. (I track every point earned/spent in an Excel spreadsheet so I know exactly what's going on.)

Now, these are my subs only. I don't for a moment discount problems reported by others. Just reporting my personal experience.

I've found it best to call Turbine Support with these types of issues. Email has been less than successful for me.

Okay, so here's my... problem?

I was a LotRO Lifer, which is now the VIP thing (Dur, we know this), and I was told that I get a backlog of Turbine Points for however long I was playing, which is all well and good, but why did it only hit one server?

I mean, I paid the 200 bucks for life, and while I know that was a hell of a deal and I'm grateful, but only getting the TP for one of the servers I play on? Not thrilled.

This wouldn't bother me so much if the things I DID purchase on one server would carry over into other servers. I'm not talking skills here, just outfit stuff. I mean, it says it's bound to my ACCOUNT, not my SERVER. I bought pretty stuff and I want all of my characters to wear it.

I was hesitant to even bring this up, but hey -- Is it REALLY that much I'm asking for? If I have outfits I bought and I start a character on another server, why can't they come with? And if they can't come, why can't I have the points to buy the same stuff over again?

I've confirmed that Lifetime accounts get monthly point grants on the anniversary. However, many of the Lifetime accounts have their anniversary on the 30th of the month. Please note that your start date is NOT your anniversary. Your anniversary will be the day of the month you paid the Lifetime subscription.

Points are subscription specific, and can be accessed by characters on any server on that subscription. If you have multiple subscriptions on a single account, the points do not share across the subscriptions.

If you purchase an item in the store, such as a piece of clothing, you only receive one of that item (unless it is stacked, and the number of the item in the stack will be explicitly noted). If the item is Account Bound, then it can be shared across any characters on the same server via the Shared Bank. At this time we do not have any way to share items across servers, but I will certainly pass along your interest in that type of feature.

I guess I'm really not understanding this, I'm a lifetime member, but I haven't been receiving my TP each month. Am I supposed to be receiving these?

How do I know I got my points?
    At this time there is no notification sent when VIP points are added. You can take note of your monthly billing date or billing anniversary (which you should be aware of anyway) and around that date you can note the number of points you have when you log out of the game, and then take note of the points you have the next time you log in. The Account Management department can confirm if the VIP points were granted, and when, however it is likely faster to simply track the points yourself.

How can I track Point Changes?
    At this point we do not have a way to track the point changes on your account. We do not currently have a “points statement” to display debits and credits. However, we are aware that many of you have requested some sort of statement.

Posted October 1, 2010.
    Update Lifetime information October 4,2010.

Victorie, are either of these in the works? And how about lifetimers not showing their Sub dates?

Thanks!
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Hello,

I resubscribe as VIP and get my VIP status already. Today I complete a week of VIP status but I do not received any Turbine Points yet... They was supose to be on my turbine store in 48 hrs after the turbine confirmation of my VIP status, right? But they don't. Please guys, help me fixing this issue.

Thank Your Very Much

Xganem

Quote Originally Posted by xganem View Post
    Hello,

I resubscribe as VIP and get my VIP status already. Today I complete a week of VIP status but I do not received any Turbine Points yet... They was supose to be on my turbine store in 48 hrs after the turbine confirmation of my VIP status, right? But they don't. Please guys, help me fixing this issue.

Thank Your Very Much

Xganem
    Submit a ticket, email, or call them to get this straightened out. They won't be able to help you with your specific account issue on the boards. Contact info is in Victorie's signature above.
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/fringe"][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000080fb2/01008/signature.png]Mundt[/charsig][/URL]
    [SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/faefaer/"]FAEFAER[/URL] ... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/ithros/"]ITHROS[/URL] ... [/SIZE][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/mundt"]MUNDT[/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/naonna/"]NAONNA[/URL] ... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/piercella"]PIERCELLA[/URL] ... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/zahira"]ZAHIRA[/URL] ... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/zinomis"]ZINOMIS[/URL][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

I migrated and became VIP on June 1st, and I still have not received my points. What can I do? What shall I do? and more importantly, what will you do?

During the migration we have said that it may take longer than normal for VIP points to be granted. If you don't have them after a few days, please feel free to submit a web inquiry to the Account Management team and they will look into it. Please be aware that turn around is a little slower than normal right now due to volume.

Hello,

After having sent 2 mails to support, i stil can't get 500 turbine points :/ i don't know what to do I subscribed at the beginning of march for one month subscription and still then no turbine points.... Please don't tell me to contact support because i've already done it twice !

Zwendine,

This is indeed something you will need to contact the Account Support team about. It sounds like you have, and I'd love to help figure out what is going on with your submitted tickets.

First off, you want to be sure you are submitting a ticket here, to the Account Support Team. After submitting the ticket, be sure to watch your email account for any auto-responses sent by the system. As those auto-responses will note, you must reply back to them. Otherwise, the ticket assumes the auto-response has resolved your issue, and the ticket will close after a few weeks.

If you have done all this, and still are not receiving an answer on your tickets, feel free to provide your ticket number (you can post it here, or send it to me via a PM). I can take the ticket number and check with the Account Support Team.

I hope this helps!

-Carpe Noctem

Missing points

I just went bk to VIP I cked my history and i dont see where my point where granted ? Can u help me ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000c090b/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

witchdarling,

The 500 VIP Points can take up to 48 hours to arrive. If they have not arrived yet, contact Account Support via the information in my signature. They can help you out.

To check whether the Points have arrived, follow Victorie's instructions from the beginning of this thread.

-CN

I can't send a support ticket cause a friend paid me three months Vip subscription

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem View Post
    witchdarling,

The 500 VIP Points can take up to 48 hours to arrive. If they have not arrived yet, contact Account Support via the information in my signature. They can help you out.

To check whether the Points have arrived, follow Victorie's instructions from the beginning of this thread.

-CN
    A friend paid me three months vip subscription cause I had paypal account but not credit card added to it, so I couldn't become vip for that. I received my 500 tps on the two first months on 20th september and 20th october, but on the third month I didn't receive the last 500 tps on 20th november, and today is 28th november and still i didn't receive them. I tried to send a support ticket but I am required to put the credit card information and other real life information which, obviously, I have not cause I didn't pay the subscription. My friend is now very busy with real life work and he is not coming lately to the game, and besides, considering his generosity with this gift the last thing I want to do is to bother him with this issue, and I don't see any other way outside the support ticket to ask about the missing tps. What can I do ? Thank you for any advice or response !
    Last edited by TRISTARAFEL; Nov 28 2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: missing word

Quote Originally Posted by TRISTARAFEL View Post
    A friend paid me three months vip subscription cause I had paypal account but not credit card added to it, so I couldn't become vip for that. I received my 500 tps on the two first months on 20th september and 20th october, but on the third month I didn't receive the last 500 tps on 20th november, and today is 28th november and still i didn't receive them. I tried to send a support ticket but I am required to put the credit card information and other real life information which, obviously, I have not cause I didn't pay the subscription. My friend is now very busy with real life work and he is not coming lately to the game, and besides, considering his generosity with this gift the last thing I want to do is to bother him with this issue, and I don't see any other way outside the support ticket to ask about the missing tps. What can I do ? Thank you for any advice or response !
    If there is no credit card associated with the account then use all zeros (0000). You can also call Account Management on their toll-free number (Account Support Contact Information).
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Dear Turbine!

I upgraded my account to one month VIP and I saw that everything was okey so I waited for my 500 point. I didn't get it after 5 week. I looked forward on LOTRO Store and there was nothing. I wrote a ticket about that (Ticket #24001-368725 and Ticket #24001-373512) and all I got nothing usefull for me.
    Please looking forward my problem again and tell me that if I did something wrong or please send me my points.

Sincerelly,
    Calenard

Angry

I upgraded my account to VIP a week ago and still haven't received my 500 TP's, I submitted a ticket 4 days ago and have not got a reply. after reading these past posts on this thread I see some were posted 2 years ago, it looks like after 2 years this problem would have been fixed. To me it doesn't look like anybody cares about their paying customers. It didn't take long for my credit card to be charged so I want my TP's. If it matters my ticket # is 24001-398742

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast