We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derbiss View Post
    Tank+heavy hitting is considered overpowered. You perfectly showed the reason why so many people including me complain about the guardian. They edit can hit heavy, but then they shouldnt be a tank. They can be a tank, but then they shouldnt hit heavy.

Freeps like you who enjoyed their op time in RoR wont understand why we creeps (and some freeps too) complain about the guardian. For example, look at the warg: he hits heavy, but is very squishy. Tank can be the same way, and you freeps complain about the warg too, so you have to understand why we dislike a class that has more options than 1 of our classes. But you also cry: warg is op. Nope. Warg is right the way it is, guardian isnt.

So do we edit all agree that guardian is too strong and needs to be nerfed?

Edith: serwas
    LMAO. There is no other way than to say it. Your full of yourself. We meaning the few and you. You end always with So do we all agree. So far I would have to say most dont agree with anything you have to rant about. But no one is agreeing with you seems to be ignored by you. lol. Far to long creeps crying has gotten them there way. True Freep side is fed up with this BS. Wargs are broken and I am sure it will be resolved along with the whole Macrose issue.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000264409/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

Today a guardian used warriors heart with an old set: 50k morale. Who edit cant say that this is overpowered, especially if you think of the damage a 50k guardian can deal.

Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

Today a guardian used warriors heart with an old set: 50k morale. Who edit cant say that this is overpowered, especially if you think of the damage a 50k guardian can deal.

Thats not WAI...
    I was also able to heal 125k heal and increase my health by factor 2.1 for 20s
    125k heal any use? XD
    Healing more than your max. Health is useless anyways

This corruption build is for draining my enemies power.
    [center][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/666x.png/][IMG]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4797/666x.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Calastor View Post
    I dont understand how the warg killed the minnie with only stealth and disappear. Did he hide the skillbar or how did he do edit it?

Power drain isnt only my idea, maybe I will stick with it...

Serwas: Edith
    Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

I dont understand how the warg killed the minnie with only stealth and disappear. Did he hide the skillbar or how did he do edit it?

Power drain isnt only my idea, maybe I will stick with it...

Serwas: Edith
    Dam. Here I thought this would be useful to watch. A bit outdated, doctored and edited to death. How about something a bit more up to date. lol lvl 75. I read the replies on YouTube and one mentioned he dint kill them as they fainted. So much for learning anything from that. It was funny though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000264409/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Geventh View Post
    Guardians are only OP in PvE especially in AoE redline, the mitigations arent implemented/balanced against the new Damage Types in moors. We dont have a proper heal, all of them are chance to apply. Catch a breath is still trash. Our DPS is certainly not high. We dont have any skills that take more than 15% of a creeps health.
    We did some experimentation with armor rending, and apparently turbine did add the new damage types to the mitigation tables.

I have to agree on the topic. I also think that guardians are way too strong because of their damage and their survivability.
    Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignBlade View Post
    Compared to godmode Reavers, Guardians are weak
    The topic is guardians and not reavers. Please leave this thread if you cant contribute any useful statements.
    Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

Quote Originally Posted by Draithenz1971 View Post
    Far to long creeps crying has gotten them there way. True Freep side is fed up with this BS.
    You're embarassing yourself if you think creeps have had it their way for a long time. You've had it tough for 2 months. Creeps had it just as tough for years.

Quit your crying. You sound like a sissy at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignBlade View Post
    Compared to godmode Reavers, Guardians are weak
    No true guard worth his salt loses to a reaver. More morale, more mits, equal damage, there cannot be any better comparison. Only noob guardians lose to reavers.

No true guard worth his salt loses to a reaver. More morale, more mits, equal damage, there cannot be any better comparison. Only noob guardians lose to reavers. ?????????????????????????????? ???????? guards have more mits? more moral?? guard?????? you might need to recheck this.. hard to say how strong a guard is anyway, too bugged out. Seems to me it might be the best balanced class out there atm.PS ATM ALL CLASSES MIT THE NEW DAMAGE THE SAME 30% everyone seems to not get this altho I think that might changes soon?

I'm pretty sure that Guardians aren't anymore OP than any other freep class out there.

If you really want to fix this ask for all creeps to get buffed more, which is unlikely to happen but possibly more constructive since I doubt Turbine(mainly focused on pve aspects of the game for whatever reasons) will nerf a freep class(you know the freeps, the ones that also live in a much larger pve land) just because creeps aren't happy about some freep capabilities. I mean just look at how far creeps QQing about minstrels and wardens and well all the freep classes for the past few years have gotten us so far. We're still just as OP as ever compared to creeps. Maybe the 45% morale pots will help you out this next update, well it would help a bit more if you weren't traiting for 20% less morale on a warg. Just curious tho how many pocket healers do you trail behind you to survive long enough for the freep you're fighting to run out of power? If you really are serious that is. lawl

As for more morale and mits. Nope. Just nope.

They probably aren't going to change the mits. If they wanted to they would've done it when they built Audacity to mitigate for the new damage types. I really hope it doesn't change honestly. And I'd like to note that there's already mitigation ratings(instead of pure percentages) set up for orc craft and fell wrought if you've noticed on the BB trait panel. So I doubt 'fixing" freeps to always have those mitigations off stats or gear would be difficult or take this long.
    Last edited by Calastor; Jan 22 2014 at 08:51 PM.
    [center][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/666x.png/][IMG]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4797/666x.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

I play warg on creep side and im pawning freeps I get the jump on. seems balnced now these new pots will be crazy awesome strong! when will we see this freep side ?? freep pots are a joke atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillmour View Post
    Rather ironic that this post was started by a minstrel...

Freeps are OP. I don't creep, if I did I would have a better sense of just how OP they are. If you're vastly outnumbered, you should lose. Jumped by a warg pack, find the squishy one (they are all squishy) and kill it. Perhaps when you lose an even number fight to creeps you should figure out how to get better instead of blaming Freeps as simply being underpowered.

WTB more wargs!!
    Fool... That never happens. The wargs would HIPS out because they're cowardly players
    Can I has fixed Fornost and ITA lootboxes?

Today edit i met a guard who healed through the damage i dealt. Everytime he blocked, his morale went up. Although I edit tried to stun and I only used claws, the autoattacks triggered the heal and he killed me with full morale left.

So do we all agree that guardian is overpowered and needs to be nerfed?

Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

Today edit i met a guard who healed through the damage i dealt. Everytime he blocked, his morale went up. Although I edit tried to stun and I only used claws, the autoattacks triggered the heal and he killed me with full morale left.

So do we all agree that guardian is overpowered and needs to be nerfed?

So say we all.

Guardian is far from being OP. And it was simply ridiculous to suggest otherwise. The truth is it is much stronger compared with the ROR expansion (when he was almost unplayable in pvp) but he must be strong, because he's the TANK. Anyway ... red traited Guardian is still fairly easy to kill. His morale is melting like snow in the sun and do not have a lot of options to restore it .. Of course there is not much chance against an exploit Warg who rarely go alone (for a few seconds, you're dead), just like any other class. Blue traited guard is almost good mode, but it is completely useless in PvP. You can outlast any 1vs1 fight (which can take a long time due to poor dmg) but it must be because I repeat it is a TANK. Champion (blue traited) on the other hand, regardless of nerf is still mightier than the Guardian pvp class. No, guardian compared with other Freep classes (minstrel, cappy) is not OP...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcho_Brandybuck View Post
    Guardian is far from being OP. And it was simply ridiculous to suggest otherwise. The truth is it is much stronger compared with the ROR expansion (when he was almost unplayable in pvp) but he must be strong, because he's the TANK. Anyway ... red traited Guardian is still fairly easy to kill. His morale is melting like snow in the sun and do not have a lot of options to restore it .. Of course there is not much chance against an exploit Warg who rarely go alone (for a few seconds, you're dead), just like any other class. Blue traited guard is almost good mode, but it is completely useless in PvP. You can outlast any 1vs1 fight (which can take a long time due to poor dmg) but it must be because I repeat it is a TANK. Champion (blue traited) on the other hand, regardless of nerf is still mightier than the Guardian pvp class. No, guardian compared with other Freep classes (minstrel, cappy) is not OP...
    The exploit was bad and is fixed now. Guardian is worse and isnt fixed, even my power strategy doesnt work on them with the new morale pots, its ridiculous. Yesterday i started a guardian and got him to lvl 35. Its so easy in PvE, i pull thousands of enemies and slaughter them. Just like edit in PvP, totally overpowered.

(Except for the American guardians who obviously cant play their class LOL)

edit
    Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

I looked at those corruptions and fell out of my chair laughing. Thank you.

I suggest listening to spelunker, or almost anyone really, on the topic of your Warg. +Power is quite literally the worst corruption you can go with on a creep.

Last year I did a statistical analysis of one day of the highest earners of renown. The strongest thing I could say, about the various freep classes, with only 79% certainty, was that Guards were the worst PvMP class on freepside. This result surprised no one.
    Bruuwnor, Dwarf Champion of Arkenstone, Pipeweed and Ale

Quote Originally Posted by MathKnight View Post
    I looked at those corruptions and fell out of my chair laughing. Thank you.

I suggest listening to spelunker, or almost anyone really, on the topic of your Warg. +Power is quite literally the worst corruption you can go with on a creep.

Last year I did a statistical analysis of one day of the highest earners of renown. The strongest thing I could say, about the various freep classes, with only 79% certainty, was that Guards were the worst PvMP class on freepside. This result surprised no one.
    You are not a MathKnight, you are a MathGuardian. Hiding the guardian in your sig wont help. I always notice, when somebody plays a guardian edit.

Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

Álso the corruptiosn work for me, many people wrote PMs in the forums and told me, that they tried it too and they edit had literally no problems with any class (except with, you know it, guardians!)
    Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern48 View Post
    I said guards are strong, not that they need to be fixed. They are op in pve, but you are only complaining about pvp. But then again pretty much every freep class is op in pve.

You are the only one that agrees with this thread, and you started it.
    No, he's not the only one. Admittedly the OP seems to be rather odd, but he makes a good point - guardians are overpowered in the Moors. The guardian has been my main for about 3 or 4 years now, but since about RoI times we've been relatively easy to kill in the Moors. With HD, guards returned to the top of the food chain. The main reason for this is that they have both very high dps and very high survivability. At the moment, a red guardian hits consistently more sustained dps than a champion. At the same time, the bleed heals that they have are enough that they can utterly ignore the damage of two mid ranking creeps, and are capable of surviving 3 or 4.

Problematic skills/traits:
    Radiate - any melee creep attacking a guardian fears the bleeds they can bestow, as, if the guardians crits with a single bleed-enducing attack, then pops a couple of AoE skills, he will have t10 bleeds on all of his enemies.
    The bleed heal (can't remember the name) - in addition to quickly bringing down their enemies, the guardian's bleeds also continue to heal him to a great degree, meaning that vs anything but the highest ranked or best of creeps they cannot die unless the creeps bring a couple of healers. I have, in the last few months, rolled a warleader, and despite being in commander stance, using heals whenever off cd etc, I can struggle to keep myself up. If I am healing, and he is not actively doing so, that should not be the case.
    Charge - The 50% running speed for 45 seconds is insane. Even if the guardian is confronted with about 6 creeps, if he feels his morale dropping, or has already used warrior's heart/pledge, he simply needs to pop the legacy-increased charge, and he can fly away from the creeps - the duration of the warg sprint cannot match it.

There are several very overpowered freep classes in the Moors at the moment, and minstrels, guardians and captains are at the top of the list (with hybrid rks and burgs not far behind). Yet both the tactical classes, despite the fact that their survivability is WAY stronger than it should be for a light armour class, are killable 1v1 if you're a decent reaver or warg, and if you catch the mini in warspeech/rk without the bubble. The captain in yellow is practically unkillable (the cd reduction on shield of the dunedain for every crit was an idea which is stunning in its idiocy when considered in the framework of PvMP) but its damage is correspondingly poor. However, the guardian has the best of both worlds, and this is a lethal combination which allow guardians, with their bleeds stacked, to charge a keep and hold all the NPCs and a middle-size creep group at bay while killing the weakest amongst them. And this cannot be right. I can understand the euphoria of a guardian to be able to experience the survivability that the wardens had monopolised for so long in the Moors, or to experience the dps that champs could dish out in RoI/RoR times. But after trying it once or twice, I got bored, because its not a challenge.

If you want a real challenge in the Moors nowadays, roll a creep - though if you want an impossible challenge, roll a spider.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Not interested in the discussion overall, just saw this and wanted to correct:

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Charge - The 50% running speed for 45 seconds is insane.
    Charge gives a 60% speed buff that lasts 7 (base) + 10 (red line buff) + 10 (LI legacy). = 27 seconds. If you're thinking 45s you're probably misremembering from Champion's maxed Sprint before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Charge - The 50% running speed for 45 seconds is insane. Even if the guardian is confronted with about 6 creeps, if he feels his morale dropping, or has already used warrior's heart/pledge, he simply needs to pop the legacy-increased charge, and he can fly away from the creeps - the duration of the warg sprint cannot match it.
    Guardian sprint is not 45s at all. Not even close. I think unlegacied, it's 12s in redline as far as I can recall.

-------

Situationally, there are instances where a guard is more op than other freeps, but then again, other freeps are also more op than guardians.

It's a never ending circle. The "omgwtfbbq this freep/creep is OP" argument is endlessly circulated through each distinct freep/creep class with each new book/expansion. Next time guards will be nerfed hard while something else will be ridiculous.

As far as anything being OP while it's your main class, I say enjoy it while it lasts.
    Last edited by RGilthanas; Feb 07 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast