We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    In 1vs1, I found Guardians to be quite devastating.

But indeed, Rank up and more Audacity does wonders.

Binabik

Guess I should have added that even though I'm up to rank 7 (solo questing) that
    I never bothered getting any 95 moors gear,and a month before HD I got tired of the
    lvl 85 set collecting dust in the bank and trashed it.with never getting in a group it
    seems a waste to blow comm's on armour there.I only tried blending and fighting
    around a group because i was bored at the time.

setup works great on all the npc's at least,can take almost anything
    on in the moors but the creeps and the million point+ moral bosses.

I have to repeat the point of this thread: the offense and the defense are outrageous. They have the edit best of both worlds and this is too strong.

Guardian is too strong and needs to be nerfed.

Edit: Edith

Serwas
    Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

If you truly think Guards are too strong...

Try 1vs1 a Reaver

-Impale
    -Devastating Strike
    -Dead Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Maulnakh View Post

Try 1vs1 a Reaver

-Impale
    -Devastating Strike
    -Dead Guardian
    Parry
    Parry
    Evade
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar R14
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Thumbs up

Try 1vs1 a Reaver

-Impale
    -Devastating Strike
    -Dead Guardian
    I agree,some may be built better than others,your bad luck might
    be running into those that have the rank/build to survive high ranked
    creeps in a fight.

Try 1vs1 a Reaver

-Impale
    -Devastating Strike
    -Dead Guardian
    I'm all DPS traited on my reaver and considered pretty good and somehow can't do this to the better guardians (admittedly only a couple on Silverlode), so somehow some guardians are doing just fine with the mits as currently set up. What's the difference? I'd say in 1v1s Reavers and Guardians are pretty balanced and Guardians have better AoE bleeds and those nasty knockdowns for harassing healers.

It's interesting though how every freep class tries to compare themselves and wants to be able to beat the best creep class in reavers.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

you can't have 2 winners,someone has to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post

It's interesting though how every freep class tries to compare themselves and wants to be able to beat the best creep class in reavers.
    this is a point that hit the mark,though I would say every freep/creep wants to be able to beat creeps/freeps.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    I'm all DPS traited on my reaver and considered pretty good and somehow can't do this to the better guardians (admittedly only a couple on Silverlode), so somehow some guardians are doing just fine with the mits as currently set up. What's the difference? I'd say in 1v1s Reavers and Guardians are pretty balanced and Guardians have better AoE bleeds and those nasty knockdowns for harassing healers.

From what I have seen most of the purple rank guardians sit at about <30k morale - the very high vit stat means resistance is also very high so quite a few bleeds etc do not tick. You would have to do around 600-700dps so it is a tough fight for sure.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbiss View Post
    I have to repeat the point of this thread: the offense and the defense are outrageous. They have the edit best of both worlds and this is too strong.

Guardian is too strong and needs to be nerfed.

Serwas
    short answer no. I suggest not to at anytime take on any guard tht has npc's attached to thm. a well played grd will sucker u in. if you knew the history of the grd you would thn understand tht for one, our defense is not whr it used to be, its worse. our offense is better but not tht of the dps classes. what I see here is ultimately the failure to understand the strength and weakness of th foe you face. a well played grd will be very difficult to take down jus like any other class creep or freep. ive gotten smushed plenty of times and have gotten th upper hand plenty of times. pick and choose your battles more wisely and trait accordingly as others have suggested. and fyi the higher the ranked grd I guarantee th better thy know thr class and how to play it. again don't get sucked in to a grd with npc's on thm. also, grd bleeds with 2 or more grds around is entirely bugged and not working properly so the chances of more thn 1 t10 bleed will be rare. ive ran grd duos and trios and we have noticed this. its bugged. as for any yellow line guard out thr thy will be plain and simply very very difficult to kill. as is other classes in the trait line. so nerf one then nerf them all. thts not the answer plain and simple. ive watched this thread for a bit and what I see is, not being mean or condescending, but born of ignorance of the history of the guard from whr thy were to where thy are now. a well played grd again is the same as any other class.

nerf the guard?? no. change your strat and see better results.

great now ive given th secrets of the grds, sorry guys but its out thr which I know many have learned the hard way.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000010f8f0/01008/signature.png]Rabulin[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Rabulas View Post
    great now ive given th secrets of the grds, sorry guys but its out thr which I know many have learned the hard way.
    Damn it Rabulin, don't make it easy for mediocre players to become good. Oh wait.....Turbine already did that.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Rabulas View Post

nerf the guard??
    Yes. Nerf the Poodoo out of Guards. If I had my way, I'd just remove the bleeds altogether and adjust everything else accordingly.

And yes, I do have a guard and yes, even at the low level it's way too overpowered.

And I never want to see another Guard soloing a keep flip / Relic take. And don't say it's not possible cause I've seen you do it Rab!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ff00]Ours is not to wonder what is fair in life, but to take what we have and make cat ears for cute girls to wear[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR=#b22222]Toshirat R8 BA, Nerfbatzergrat R7 Reaver, Arliknakh R6warg[/COLOR][COLOR=#add8e6], Mihall 100Captain, Tarhigen 100LM, Kalaeya 95RK,Sume 85Champ, Theophilea 85Warden, Toboe 65Hunter, Cheza 40Burg, Koriana 40Guard, Kumako 16 Beorning
    [/COLOR]

From pure dps r11 reaver point of view guards are one of strongest, if not strongest opponents.
    I think it is ok as most freeps are to easy pray in 1v1, we need some challange.

The stronger the better, makes killing fun, why fight for 5 minutes when you can kill quick.

When so so players like rab looks good theres something wrong definitely. Don't even mention Banenakh.

Today me (I´d say im a decent warg) and the best wl from my server approached a guard near oc.
    We nearly beat edit him, but then he ran into oc, pulled all npcs and healed to 100%.
    After that he killed the wl and I could sprint to the graveyard, where my wl buddy could rescue me. Otherwise the overpowered dots would have killed me.

So do we all agree, that guardians edit are too strong and need to be nerfed.

Edith: serwas

Edit
    Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

I personally don't understand guardians. Turbine claims they're the protector tanks of a party and apparently they need to look up what those two words mean. Seriously go open a D&D book again like you did for Burglar Turbine, tanks are supposed to sacrifice damage potential for survivability not have both damage potential AND survivability wrapped up with a pretty pink bow on top. I wouldn't be that upset about guardians being able to tank 10 creeps at once if they did very moderate damage in trade.

The war leader is a perfect example of a tank, they have heavy armor and mitigations coupled with self healing that allows them to outlive a lot of enemies when they're fully traited and audacity is fully ranked. But their damage output is laughable in trade for this massive tanking prowess.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

Yes Guards are Godmode.

I have played both sides of the PVP area since SOA, and have both Freeps and Creeps. Pre-HD I had a solo 1v1 between my RK10 WL, and a Guard on Silverlode, Katmi-I think we were the same rank, but it was a long time ago-to the point, we went back and fourth for over an hour before I got bored and suicided into the one-shots. I felt that was balance for the class, as neither had the DPS to out-do pots, class heals, etc.
    Yesterday, I found a guard in DG with nearly every NPC in the place on him, backed up in a corner. He was Rank 7, and I was on my Rk 7 warg. I chewed and chewed, but he outhealed around 15 NPCs and My wargs DPS, and in fact did not suffer defeat until we were joined by several other creeps and could keep him stunned long enough to provide sufficient damage to kill him. In short, yes Guards are OP right now and could do with a wee bit of killability....

It's fine for PvE, but yes for PvMP needs some-kind of nerf or while-in-Ettenmoors debuff.
    [B]Hitchens[/B](r9 warg)[B], [/B][B]Glasgow[/B](R9 LM), [B]Lintalthir[/B] (R10 Hunter), [B]Rithun[/B] (R6 Captain) Brandywine server.
    [I]I fought alongside Silverest & Wuffles on Gladden when LOTRO began, nowadays on Brandwyne's PvP [/I]

I think the main cause of this issue is from guard (and wardens) getting 5 morale per vit point. That's 66% more morale from their vit than other classes. They need that for their tanking role but they should give that extra morale through traiting as a tank just as captains and champions do.

The decision to give guards and wardens 5 morale per vit was made when there were stat caps, a lot has changed since then and it should be changed back to 3 morale per vit.

The extra morale per vit is made worse in the moors by BFP which give a % increase to morale. This gives them too much morale while dps traited. It also means guards and wardens don't have to worry about max morale as much as other classes do when deciding what gear they'll be using for their moors build. Which means they have to sacrifice less.

If they are changed to 3 morale per vit and their dps to survivability is completely out of whack with other classes then raise their dps to an appropriate level.

As it stands the 5 morale per vit causes too many problems for balancing especially with the way gear is now.
    Last edited by Rakanor; Mar 28 2014 at 11:43 AM.
    Rakanor R12 Reaver - Trin R11 Champion

Today me (I´d say im a decent warg) and the best wl from my server approached a guard near oc.
    We nearly beat edit him, but then he ran into oc, pulled all npcs and healed to 100%.
    After that he killed the wl and I could sprint to the graveyard, where my wl buddy could rescue me. Otherwise the overpowered dots would have killed me.

So do we all agree, that guardians edit are too strong and need to be nerfed.

Edith: serwas

Edit
    Quitters never win.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

The butthurt is strong in this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldor View Post
    The butthurt is strong in this thread....
    I have to agree that all the guardians seem to fear the (long desired) nerf.

Warg
    Minstrel
    Enemy of easymode

I have to agree that all the guardians seem to fear the (long desired) nerf.

*sees signature*
    ./facepalm
    Brandywine:
    | Rank 12 Reaver --- Danceswithswords | Rank 8 Warg --- Danceswithworgs | Rank 10 Warg --- Spectralhound (rip in ban world) | Rank 9 Champion --- Vorenroy (rip in ban world) |
    | Rank 7 Guardian --- Rexxin (the almighty dorf) |

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfinjel View Post
    *sees signature*
    ./facepalm
    My thoughts exactly....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6