We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 151 to 168 of 168
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    S Korea
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchir View Post
    In my opinion, there is one most important reason for implementing EBs and it has nothing to do with 'design decisions' and 'story telling'. EBs are cheaper and faster to make than a Classic IC (that would need to be tweaked for solo mode as well, in this case).
    Oh, of course there is the other incredibly important reason - We must make a new mechanic with every expansion. Makes you doubt whether the world will end if they don't...
    So, 1 bullet --> 2 kills. Plus a bonus - all of the content is released on time (bordering to impossible if EBs required the effort of an IC, even if a fake one like the last).

    The battle can't be properly represented with the standard IC tools and/or in ''Wulf's Cleft mode''...
    The current representation is so much different and gives you a great feeling of scale and epicness...

    Come on, guys. I mean, come on.
    Exactly.

    IMO the writing was on the wall for an IC in this expansion as soon as the Erebor Cluster (and what a cluster!) started to slip further and further behind.

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Smehcoons View Post
    I find this whole situation rather interesting. Like a train wreck, it's going to be hard to look away. In my humble opinion, they're digging their own grave with these decisions. You watch, someone at Turbine will write a book about how to kill an MMO. Feature chapters on:
    •Do not support PvP
    •Release unpolished updates
    •Allow bugs to fester for years and years.
    •Do not support those most enthusiastic about the game
    •Dumb content down to toddler level difficulty
    •Do not make loot quality consistent with the difficulty of the content.
    •Use limited resources to create gimmicky festivals and other fluff content
    •Divert resources away from the game to other destined-to-fail projects
    •Do not create real, quality, end-game-content
    •Make massive changes to the classes for the reason of allowing devs to create more interesting and challenging content, and then have no plans to make that content
    •etc etc



    Likewise.

    I have two VIP accounts, with each one having purchased every expansion, and hundreds of dollars of "TP". I've cancelled these accounts this week, and will not purchase another thing from Turbine while they continue down this path.


    Double confirmed.
    You say Elendilmir is empty? check out gilrain or eldar and you'll see that E is still quite large compared to those 2. Also I find it very hard to move on from this game because Im a big Tolkien fan and I've been playing this game for 5 years now and still want to, but it's just sad the way things are atm Even if they aren't going to make a new instance cluster they should atleast made the current scaled stuff challenging as it was on old cap.... and put back in the raid locks, I mean who the hell came up with an idea to break a completely good raid into 3 diffrent instances like OD for example. It's the farm that's getting this game to the depths where it is now. If we would have raids that require a few months to be cracked people wouldn't complain as much as they do now. Nobody did as much when we were doing BG and later on OD at 65....


    edit:
    On a slightly less related note; do you guys feel this game is dying in same scenario as SWG did?
    Last edited by Anárion_Ancalimë; Jan 19 2014 at 06:23 AM.

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Anárion_Ancalimë View Post
    You say Elendilmir is empty? check out gilrain or eldar and you'll see that E is still quite large compared to those 2.
    Yes, right.
    From Turbine SOAP data (number of logins since last reboot), Elendilmir population rank is actually 19/29.
    Eldar : 26/29
    Gilrain... : 29/29 (~50% of Elendilmir)

  4. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Yes, right.
    From Turbine SOAP data (number of logins since last reboot), Elendilmir population rank is actually 19/29.
    Eldar : 26/29
    Gilrain... : 29/29 (~50% of Elendilmir)

    didnt know that lol.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I already did, in the post right above yours frankly.

    To take it a step further, how fun would it be to go up on the wall, do an opening wave with the NPCs, have one of their commanders call out that there was an attack on the gate or wherever we go for the side quest below the wall, and either the NPCs could depart (leaving us to have a raid with the defenders scaling the wall) or we could depart and find a really large whatever-your-fancy appear with interesting adds and mechanics and we could raid below the wall.

    And if I could come up with that in a few minutes, why can't the devs come up with something interesting when it's their job? It didn't have to be exclusive to big battles, it could've been big battles (completely accessible to all) and a 12 man raid with tiers (completely accessible to all at different challenge levels).
    I've read your posts and totally agree with you, Turbine could have....and deifnately should have made some classic instances and raids for helms deep. The only thing you missed was Turbines complete lack of interest where end-game group content is concerned.

    Could they have catered for everyone with HD, instead of ####ty big battles - YES
    Should they have - YES

    But they decided to drive a lot of people away, i've left the game as a result...ill keep updating on the off-chance of a change, but im not holding out much hope. Ill give teso a good try when its out....and play the rift in the time between. Sad state of affairs when an MMO is actively discouraging end-game group play.

  6. #156
    If and when they'll someday announce new content in form of either BB's or traditional instance cluster it better be the traditional one because that will just show that they just don't care about anything. BB's were good for the first 2 weeks, but now? no thanks... People are leaving and if nothing changes they'll find most of the smaller servers empty rather quicky. And it isn't just about the end game either; the moors are broken and there are soo many bugs that the list is endless....

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I already did, in the post right above yours frankly.

    To take it a step further, how fun would it be to go up on the wall, do an opening wave with the NPCs, have one of their commanders call out that there was an attack on the gate or wherever we go for the side quest below the wall, and either the NPCs could depart (leaving us to have a raid with the defenders scaling the wall) or we could depart and find a really large whatever-your-fancy appear with interesting adds and mechanics and we could raid below the wall.
    Sorry I generally don't view all posts to a thread, just the parts I'm responding to. With respect to your idea, it reminds me a lot of bfe which wasn't that fun in my and most raiders opinions. You might be right and we could possibly have had an epic experience, but big battles could also have been an epic experience if done right. They just weren't, and I don't think a random Orc scaling the walls is any more or less epic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    And if I could come up with that in a few minutes, why can't the devs come up with something interesting when it's their job? It didn't have to be exclusive to big battles, it could've been big battles (completely accessible to all) and a 12 man raid with tiers (completely accessible to all at different challenge levels).
    They could not create big battles alone with the time they had so what makes any of us believe they could create an entire raid separately?
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Jan 19 2014 at 08:28 PM.

  8. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Or, if the story demands a level of quality in experience that you can't suitably deliver, then you don't. If that really is their concern, story, then the best way to have told that was session play. But had they gone that way, then they would've had to come up with some other endgame and also deal with the detractors against session play, of which there are many. So now all of the sudden, story isn't as important, is it? And if it's not, then, DON'T USE IT AS AN EXCUSE THAT IT IS.
    I don't think anyone seriously thinks we should have experienced helms deep in a session play......i and many others wanted to participate in lord of the rings helms deep, not "lord of the rings the way snow lock would have wrote it". I can find a million things wrong with this game and fault the devs for many of them, but I still can't see any other way this could have gone down aside from being a more polished and immersive experience.

  9. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchir View Post
    In my opinion, there is one most important reason for implementing EBs and it has nothing to do with 'design decisions' and 'story telling'. EBs are cheaper and faster to make than a Classic IC (that would need to be tweaked for solo mode as well, in this case).
    Oh, of course there is the other incredibly important reason - We must make a new mechanic with every expansion. Makes you doubt whether the world will end if they don't...
    So, 1 bullet --> 2 kills. Plus a bonus - all of the content is released on time (bordering to impossible if EBs required the effort of an IC, even if a fake one like the last).

    The battle can't be properly represented with the standard IC tools and/or in ''Wulf's Cleft mode''...
    The current representation is so much different and gives you a great feeling of scale and epicness...

    Come on, guys. I mean, come on.
    Qft. More letter

  10. #160
    I hate to say it but I think that no matter how hard we cry, blame comment and critisise here nothing's going to change, end of story. Just sad to see where this is going (the game, not posts in this thread)

    But enough QQ from me, goodbye

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Smehcoons View Post
    I find this whole situation rather interesting. Like a train wreck, it's going to be hard to look away. In my humble opinion, they're digging their own grave with these decisions. You watch, someone at Turbine will write a book about how to kill an MMO. Feature chapters on:
    •Do not support PvP
    •Release unpolished updates
    •Allow bugs to fester for years and years.
    •Do not support those most enthusiastic about the game
    •Dumb content down to toddler level difficulty
    •Do not make loot quality consistent with the difficulty of the content.
    •Use limited resources to create gimmicky festivals and other fluff content
    •Divert resources away from the game to other destined-to-fail projects
    •Do not create real, quality, end-game-content
    •Make massive changes to the classes for the reason of allowing devs to create more interesting and challenging content, and then have no plans to make that content
    •etc etc
    That second last line

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    I assume this source is legit:

    http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.co...-january-2014/

    So, no new instances/raids any time soon which probably means all of 2014.... Maybe time to move on for the old guard of dedicated raiders?
    does this mean no pandas?

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    358
    What pizzles me off is that Sapience takes the time to answer trifling queries in his hobbity love-in threads and elsewhere but a big question like "when are we likely to see a traditional raid cluster again?" he is stubbornly silent.

    He doesn't even have the decency to say I can't answer that because of blah blah or it will be some time in blah blah. All he will say is that "nada raids" has been plainly communicated since blah blah. And then we get to hear about it on a third party site after a conversation with his Hobbit homeboys.

    Like my granny use to say "that's Twaddle with a capital T".

    you get to feeling that they just don't care (blub)

    got that off my chest

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Drinking in Bree
    Posts
    1,801
    I think most of the time, he doesn't answer the Big Questions for a variety of reasons (often more than one reason at the same time):

    1. It has already been answered. Maybe not recently, but the answer still hasn't changed.
    2. People really don't like hearing the answer. They don't react well. Pain ensues all around.
    3. The question can't yet be answered. Rather than give a maybe-this answer now, waiting a few days/weeks/(months?) for the answer to solidify.
    4. Giving the answer would not help Turbine with their ultimate goal of getting people to play LOTRO so they can make money and develop the game further (to make more money). In fact, the answer would be entirely counter-productive to that goal.
    5. As mentioned, any combination of all the above.

    For example: new PvP zone? See Standard Responses 1, 2, and 4.

    For example: when new raid/instance cluster? See S.R.s 2, 3, and 4.

    For example: when housing upgrade? See S.R.s 2 and 3 (and sort of 1, but things have shifted).

    And so on.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sitting on a computer chair.
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Angadan View Post
    so they can make money and develop the game further (to make more money).
    Pffffft. What kind of stupid company wants to make money?

    All joking aside, I'll be cancelling my sub. There is simply nothing worth doing at end game. Battles are boring, skirms are boring, redoing old instances for the 1000th time is boring. As boring as that all is, even any nice gear you do get is useless since you can easily complete all the content with landscape and quest gear, so there is no motivation to grind through this boring content.

    For me, bottom line, no raid = no sub. Which is sad, because after two years away I renewed my sub in hopes of enjoying this game again, and now I'm just gonna cancel it again.

  16. #166
    The numbers in my kin have plummeted as well in the last few weeks from 8-10 online in the evenings to 1-2. If I wasn't leveling my baby warden, the numbers would probably be 0-1...

    Where are all these soloers that are so extremely happy with the game?

  17. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by q945 View Post
    If only it was that transparent. Whilst the epic quest line was winding its way through East Rohan, we got an instance cluster based in Erebor, Scuttledells, Goblin Town, Dale etc.
    this had nothing to do with the old turbine , the new Warner brothers owned turbine was FORCED to promote a semi decent movie series based on The Hobbit. If it were ONE movie it would have been great 2 movies good 3 movies and i see money grabbing at the cost of decent content... oh wait that's is the WB we are talking about.
    I still refuse to watch the hobbit until it is all done and on dvd s i dont have to wait to finish the movie. I dont need a year to use the restroom ....

  18. #168
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Angadan View Post
    1. It has already been answered. Maybe not recently, but the answer still hasn't changed.
    2. People really don't like hearing the answer.
    These are almost always the reason some of the oft repeated questions are no longer answered.
    If you need more confirmation just go look at how many times a PvMP map came up in the 20 Questions. We've been saying we do not plan to make a new map for nearly two years. When we get very blunt, and say it won't change Period, we're told we are being rude. The truth is, re-asking the question a dozen isn't going to change the answer and there becomes very little point in continuing to address it.

 

 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload