We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Sapience confirms no new instances/raids any time 'soon'

I assume this source is legit:

http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.co...-january-2014/

So, no new instances/raids any time soon which probably means all of 2014.... Maybe time to move on for the old guard of dedicated raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post

So, no new instances/raids any time soon which probably means all of 2014.... Maybe time to move on for the old guard of dedicated raiders?
    Were there any left?

Yeah, its in the producers letter too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience in behalf of Kate Paiz View Post

“Take a break from expansions”

We’ve heard a lot of you suggest we take a break from the annual expansion cycle, and we agree! We’d like to take the time to revisit some older systems, add more region content, and just generally have more Middle-earth to explore throughout the year. When the Players Council last visited, we asked them what they thought of a year that focused on more content and more opportunities to refine and improve existing systems. They echoed the sentiment we’d heard from many of you and were unanimous in their support. They were also very passionate on one point; VIPs should get this new content for free. (Again, we agree!)
    Interesting side note. Last night, Lotro crashed without warning to desktop. As I was logging back in,, I was looking at the loading screen of the LM trying to fend off a snowbeast with his staff. I realized, on that screen, the text "Includes the massive 12-person raid: Helegrod". Most of the ones in my kin and I came from 30 person raids in EQ. To call a 12 person raid massive is kinda a joke, but four years later, it is on us. We like Tolkien too much, plus most of us have families now and cannot raid as much as we did then, so I guess a 12 person raid is massive now.

With out appropiate end game content its the end of the game. period.
    3+ years playing the game and since RoR this is on a abysm going deeper in it, were every time they say they will do something its completly mis directed to what they should do.
    Festivals are more important it looks... who cares about those non sense things, its annoying to be closing the auto quest everytime it pops up. If dressing up and cosmetics its what Turbine focused on for 2014, then they dont understand this is LOTRO and not Barby Online.

I wonder what this year will bring then...

I get the feeling that the Big Battles are only run because that's where the jewellery is atm. Seems like most of Brandy is burnt out on them already. If they don't tweak or add new drops, not many people will continue to run them once they are satisfied with their set drops. I still need a gold item and after getting over 200 platinum medals between sidequest and overall.. I still don't. My buddy got one on his 3rd plat reward cash in.

There's something missing with the Big Battles. I applaud the effort that the devs put into it, taking the game in a different direction. But they don't give me the same overwhelming urgency to perform to the best of my class's ability in a group to survive like a good ol T2cm did before or even during RoR.

The Big Battles feel disconnected to me, that I'm just an observer doing quick-time events in a cut-scene.

So the first quarter of 2014 is=

Update 12.2 = bug fixes and balance changes - Late jan? early Feb? So then another 2 month or so pause before the next update (historically)

April before any chance of 95 FA's, new drop gear, Moors fixes (and there's a bunch needed) or other content.
    Last edited by Gromit1710; Jan 04 2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Borgorid of Arkenstone
    r11 - Champ , r8 - Mini,

* Community Update videos will return once the team returns from their holidays. The aim is for a video every two weeks.

* He is hoping to stream more often this year. Perhaps once a week on Fridays, and maybe with some Devs pulled in too.

Well at least they are concentrating on important stuff, like making videos of each other...
    [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic]~In serving each other we become free~[/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Chefson View Post
    * Community Update videos will return once the team returns from their holidays. The aim is for a video every two weeks.

* He is hoping to stream more often this year. Perhaps once a week on Fridays, and maybe with some Devs pulled in too.

Well at least they are concentrating on important stuff, like making videos of each other...
    Maybe you forget that the devs kinda need things like this, it should work as a motivator, and there is one thing, if the devs have no fun in working on the game, it will definitely not be good for the game.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit1710 View Post
    I wonder what this year will bring then...

I get the feeling that the Big Battles are only run because that's where the jewellery is atm. Seems like most of Brandy is burnt out on them already. If they don't tweak or add new drops, not many people will continue to run them once they are satisfied with their set drops. I still need a gold item and after getting over 200 platinum medals between sidequest and overall.. I still don't. My buddy got one on his 3rd plat reward cash in.

There's something missing with the Big Battles. I applaud the effort that the devs put into it, taking the game in a different direction. But they don't give me the same overwhelming urgency to perform to the best of my class's ability in a group to survive like a good ol T2cm did before or even during RoR.

The Big Battles feel disconnected to me, that I'm just an observer doing quick-time events in a cut-scene.

So the first quarter of 2014 is=

Update 12.2 = bug fixes and balance changes - Late jan? early Feb? So then another 2 month or so pause before the next update (historically)

April before any chance of 95 FA's, new drop gear, Moors fixes (and there's a bunch needed) or other content.
    Try 2015, for new content, if the whole year will be spent polishing the game from starter zones to Helm's Deep. Maybe some new skirms related the lower zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Interesting side note. Last night, Lotro crashed without warning to desktop. As I was logging back in,, I was looking at the loading screen of the LM trying to fend off a snowbeast with his staff. I realized, on that screen, the text "Includes the massive 12-person raid: Helegrod". Most of the ones in my kin and I came from 30 person raids in EQ. To call a 12 person raid massive is kinda a joke, but four years later, it is on us. We like Tolkien too much, plus most of us have families now and cannot raid as much as we did then, so I guess a 12 person raid is massive now.
    Have you been inside Helegrod with all the wings? That's what's massive, not the number of players.

While I'm happy the Rift will never be scaled what they're saying is what we have is all we're getting for about the next year plus. I am sad beyond words.

I never watched a Community Update video in the past and I don't find it likely I will watch one in the future. I want to play lotro with some content included.

Sapience, I appreciate the fact you're playing the game on a low level character and streaming live, but honestly I never watched it when you did it before and I don't think watching the Community Manager play is game content. Perhaps for some of the kids who have a lot of hero worship it might be neat to see you in the moors where they all run out and try to find you to say they saw Sapience, or try to find you on a low level character so they can run around and again find you, but selfish as it sounds I play this game for me. I want to play. I'm not sure how anybody streaming the game live is helping either the game or me or any of my raiding buddies who have moved on. Add that to the fact you seem to do it during the day on work days (understandable since you're paid to do this, it is your job) and kids are the most likely to see it because the rest of us have jobs too.

I remember a post in beta where a Turbine blue name said they expected when the expansion went live they'd have a couple of weeks of just absolute doom and gloom hatred and bashing and then it would settle down, like always. Do you consider the forums now settled? I'd be very curious to see if this continued reaction is what you all expected.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

What if instead of making a new one, they fix/tweak older ones. Imagine a 95 BG T2C being just as hard, or maybe harder than the 65 raid at cap. Would you sign onto that? I believe stuff like that is what they'll be up to.
    Last edited by Peresbert; Jan 04 2014 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    What if instead of making a new one, they fix/tweak older ones. Imagine a 95 BD T2C being just as hard, or maybe harder than the 65 raid at cap. Would you sign onto that? I believe stuff like that is what they'll be up to.
    No. I don't want to run the same thing I've run forever. I wouldn't sign up for that.

You mean Barad Guldur, correct?
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Were there any left?

Yeah, its in the producers letter too.

The "massive" come from Helegrod originally being a 24 person raid before there was a t1 or t2. That's the only raid of that size lotro ever had.....and as for the others who don't think the old stuff shouldn't be scaled......dragons/ring wraiths/saruman/balrogs should always be end level content, not something I can solo on a LtC captain.

Oh, why of course there's going to be NO new instances/raids in this game.

Turbine is too busy catering to the cosmetic hunting shoppers who just bought their tickets for the latest music festival in Landroval....WINTERSTOCK!!!! WhoHoo!!!!!

No really, the fashion show and Woodstock are WAY more important than providing awesome end game content for it's customers.

It's a one way street today....

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...smetic-Weapons

http://lotroartists.com/servers/us/l...terstock-2014/

Oh happy joy!

o.O
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Linathrial View Post
    Oh, why of course there's going to be NO new instances/raids in this game.

Turbine is too busy catering to the cosmetic hunting shoppers who just bought their tickets for the latest music festival in Landroval....WINTERSTOCK!!!! WhoHoo!!!!!

No really, the fashion show and Woodstock are WAY more important than providing awesome end game content for it's customers.

It's a one way street today....

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...smetic-Weapons

http://lotroartists.com/servers/us/l...terstock-2014/

Oh happy joy!

o.O
    aren't they player run events?
    there's room for all of us, no matter how diverse our interests.

I wouldn't ask that they exclusively made raids or 6 mans etc. and cancelled all future cosmetic items. Sadly it seems the opposite has occurred and indeed has been listened to....
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Quote Originally Posted by Linathrial View Post
    Wait, what? Where? o.O

There's room for the end game raiding players? In this game?

Turbine must have missed that memo.

Maybe their too busy making the latest cosmetic outfits or tuning the instruments for the band members at winterstock.

End game instances/raids? Ain't nobody got time for dat!
    there should be , there was, there yet still could be. doesn't mean you have to stoop to the " only do what I want , denigrate all others " level.
    Last edited by Eldarian_Grace; Jan 17 2014 at 08:39 AM.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

does this mean no pandas?

What pizzles me off is that Sapience takes the time to answer trifling queries in his hobbity love-in threads and elsewhere but a big question like "when are we likely to see a traditional raid cluster again?" he is stubbornly silent.

He doesn't even have the decency to say I can't answer that because of blah blah or it will be some time in blah blah. All he will say is that "nada raids" has been plainly communicated since blah blah. And then we get to hear about it on a third party site after a conversation with his Hobbit homeboys.

Like my granny use to say "that's Twaddle with a capital T".

you get to feeling that they just don't care (blub)

got that off my chest

I think most of the time, he doesn't answer the Big Questions for a variety of reasons (often more than one reason at the same time):

1. It has already been answered. Maybe not recently, but the answer still hasn't changed.
    2. People really don't like hearing the answer. They don't react well. Pain ensues all around.
    3. The question can't yet be answered. Rather than give a maybe-this answer now, waiting a few days/weeks/(months?) for the answer to solidify.
    4. Giving the answer would not help Turbine with their ultimate goal of getting people to play LOTRO so they can make money and develop the game further (to make more money). In fact, the answer would be entirely counter-productive to that goal.
    5. As mentioned, any combination of all the above.

For example: new PvP zone? See Standard Responses 1, 2, and 4.

For example: when new raid/instance cluster? See S.R.s 2, 3, and 4.

For example: when housing upgrade? See S.R.s 2 and 3 (and sort of 1, but things have shifted).

And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Angadan View Post
    so they can make money and develop the game further (to make more money).
    Pffffft. What kind of stupid company wants to make money?

All joking aside, I'll be cancelling my sub. There is simply nothing worth doing at end game. Battles are boring, skirms are boring, redoing old instances for the 1000th time is boring. As boring as that all is, even any nice gear you do get is useless since you can easily complete all the content with landscape and quest gear, so there is no motivation to grind through this boring content.

For me, bottom line, no raid = no sub. Which is sad, because after two years away I renewed my sub in hopes of enjoying this game again, and now I'm just gonna cancel it again.

The numbers in my kin have plummeted as well in the last few weeks from 8-10 online in the evenings to 1-2. If I wasn't leveling my baby warden, the numbers would probably be 0-1...

Where are all these soloers that are so extremely happy with the game?