We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helms Dike 6 Man

My friend and I have reached rank 4 engineer and have been doing mostly solo/duo big battles which we are getting the hang of. We have pretty much sussed out the solo/duo version of Helms Dike and get platinum most times now. As you have as much preparation time as you want (until you click on Gamling) we just put down as many barricades as we can down the channels, and in front of the tower and in front of Helm Hammerhands statue etc and combining that with a couple of barricades which we put down depending on the side quest and as many tripwire traps and caltrops as we can, this big battle is quite easy.

I want to start orgainising some 6-man runs of Helms Dike but I have never done this one. Does anyone have any tips on how the 6 man is different (harder?) than the solo/duo version and what strategies have worked for you. e.g. How to divide up the 6 people, how the main/side quests are different etc.

I found this very helpful, you can predict the side quests by which side you start at and this is explained in this link IIRC.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...de-Quest-Guide
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Quote Originally Posted by Digaloo View Post
    My friend and I have reached rank 4 engineer and have been doing mostly solo/duo big battles which we are getting the hang of. We have pretty much sussed out the solo/duo version of Helms Dike and get platinum most times now. As you have as much preparation time as you want (until you click on Gamling) we just put down as many barricades as we can down the channels, and in front of the tower and in front of Helm Hammerhands statue etc and combining that with a couple of barricades which we put down depending on the side quest and as many tripwire traps and caltrops as we can, this big battle is quite easy.

I want to start orgainising some 6-man runs of Helms Dike but I have never done this one. Does anyone have any tips on how the 6 man is different (harder?) than the solo/duo version and what strategies have worked for you. e.g. How to divide up the 6 people, how the main/side quests are different etc.
    Note that you don't trigger the waves to start as you do in the solo/duo - they start up on their own, so you don't have all that prep time. Also the static barricades aren't built for you, you have to actually construct them. They're not broken down and boxed up, so you don't have placement options. You have to build them where they are. I don't recall if you can deconstruct then move them after they've been built the first time, however.
    I had
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001a6174/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    as a sig before it was popular

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Crocker View Post
    Note that you don't trigger the waves to start as you do in the solo/duo - they start up on their own, so you don't have all that prep time. Also the static barricades aren't built for you, you have to actually construct them. They're not broken down and boxed up, so you don't have placement options. You have to build them where they are. I don't recall if you can deconstruct then move them after they've been built the first time, however.
    I can confirm you can deconstruct them.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Yah, the similarities between HD solo/duo and HD fellowship can hide the significant differences. Like, much quicker start so you have to go in hot with all six people if you want an all-plat run. Like, the quests come in completely different combinations, which can totally throw you off until you make the adjustment. Like, there are a lot more lanes to cover (3 on left, 4 that are really 5 on right) and more commanders to give orders to in many of those lanes.

Eldarian_Grace linked you the best resource in the forums to use in preparation for the fellowship battle (post #2, above). Very much worth reading. Good luck!