We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Big Battles and Book 13, Chapter 4 - I can not complete this quest.

Hello all;

After the battle for Helm's Dike, I am shown the completion window, told to return to The Hornburg, then I am auto-ported out of the instance.
    I see the window for achieving the Statue side quest (yay for me), I see the XP granted, but then I am back at Helm's Deep.

The quest instructions say to Talk to Gamling by the pile of straw near the west wall. I found him beside Gleowine for Chapter 3, that lead me to Gamling and so I started battling.

Now my problem is, I stand in Helm's Deep, lower level and can not find Gamling. I thought it might be a time of day thing, since the quest describes that it is after Midnight and I am at, say Afternoon. Fine so I wait. Still can not find him. The quest arrow on the map shows 27, 000 metres much like as if it was in an instance. So I thought maybe I departed the battle too soon, completed Helm's Dike a second time. I am ported out.

I am back at Helm's Deep and wish to "hand in" Chapter 4 but can not. If he is still at the Dike and I need to see him, the instance ends too quickly. If he is at Helm's Deep, he is invisible to me.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

You need to get back to Gleowine and click on the appropriate time of day object if I remember correctly.

They stood together in Helm's Deep. I see neither of them but will keep searching!

Near Gleowine should be a map table, a barrel of weapons I believe, and something else. These three clickable items are for the phases of the day, be it morning, during battle, or after battle. Gleowine and the table etc. should be there in all phases of Helms Deep. I've had to click through all three of the phases to get where I want before. If all else fails, map out and come back, try again to get where you need to. Last resort is the mithril coin option to port to your NPC.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Thanks, much. It is the table that continues, not a big bright floating ring. And it continues further, I was making assumptions.
    I progressed further and look forward to more.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Near Gleowine should be a map table, a barrel of weapons I believe, and something else. These three clickable items are for the phases of the day, be it morning, during battle, or after battle. Gleowine and the table etc. should be there in all phases of Helms Deep. I've had to click through all three of the phases to get where I want before. If all else fails, map out and come back, try again to get where you need to. Last resort is the mithril coin option to port to your NPC.
    For Book 13, Chapter 4, I've done everything I can think of after the Helm's Dike battle to "Talk Gimli on the Deeping Wall" and "Talk to Legolas on the Deeping Wall", they simply do not appear.

Unlike the instructions above - I assume changes have been made to the process - there's one map table. After the battle the table doesn't click, but a pile of sacks next to the table reads "Helm's Deep, Before the Battle." When you take that port you get to the regular instance of Helm's Deep with all the NPCs and whatnot. In this instance the table is clickable and reads "Helm's Deep, After Midnight." These are the only two clickable objects near Gleowine. Neither version of Helm's Deep makes either Gimli or Legolas appear.

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to find them so I can complete this chapter? Thanks ...

UPDATE: Never mind, I found them. For anyone else having trouble with this, you have to go up the short stairs that has a double door right in front of it, go through that door, go straight, go through another double door, which lands you where you need to be.
    Last edited by BentoIce; Aug 17 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Unhappy Stuck too

Me too i am stuck after completed helm's dike and cannot continue the epic quest line as I need to talk to Gamling but the quest is not available. I do not know how to proceed.