We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Major Weapon Legacy scrolls confusing/misleading

So I recently got my first legendary weapon, most of the legendary options on it were nice for my spec of choice, however one wasnt too useful, so I got a Major Weapon Legacy: Burglar Bleed Damage from the store which states "replaces any major legendary on your weapon with a Tier 2 Bleed Damage multiplier legacy". I go to use the scroll and get "you do not have any valid items to use that on (oh forgot to mention...my first legendary was the 1h mace given from the intro quests for Moria). I have tried using it with the weapon equipped, unequipped, sitting in my inventory, etc and still get the error. Either a) there is some sort of bug/glitch happening or b) the scroll and store description are not descriptive enough and for whatever reason the legacy scroll is not compatible with the legendary weapon I have (which would make me pretty peeved since I spent TP's on it).

You cannot replace the legacies on the initial LI that you get from Vol II Bk 1. The same may be true of any LI you get as a quest reward, but I'm not 100% sure.

On the bright side, you can still use the item you purchased on another legendary. I almost guarantee you will be swimming in those before you are too far into Moria. (Sometimes to the point where seeing another legendary drop is a "not again!" moment. )

I would wait to buy any store legendary items until you reach your level cap and use it on an item for that level.

I find that I level faster than my LI so replacing legacies seems pointless as I soon will de-construct the weapon for one with higher dps. Maybe save that scroll for later.

Helpful tip: Store legacy scrolls are horrifically overpriced. 795 TP each? My goodness.

Just level up excess legendary items you come across (or buy some for a few silver at auction) and deconstruct them to extract the legacies you want to apply to something else. No need to pay Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Helpful tip: Store legacy scrolls are horrifically overpriced. 795 TP each? My goodness.

Just level up excess legendary items you come across (or buy some for a few silver at auction) and deconstruct them to extract the legacies you want to apply to something else. No need to pay Turbine.
    Specifically, level them up to at least 30 before you deconstruct them, and you'll be able to pick a legacy when you deconstruct them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post

/gasp I had no idea they were priced that high !! Seems a bit silly considering how easy they are to attain in game for very little effort.