We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

6th Inventory Bag

I had bought the Sam Gamgee Starter Pack recently, within a few hours of playing this game for the first time. Subsequently, I got the 4th bag. Today, I subscribe to the 14 day VIP trial. Now, I have 5 bags. Does the Sam Gamgee Pack provision of extra bag still apply here? Should I not have 6 bags now?

It is not so easy with these bags. At the beginning, every playing character will have three bags, and those accounts which receive an upgrade to VIP (and afterwards/or Premium) will have five bags. So when your account changed from free (with the additional fourth bag from the Starter Pack) to VIP, your inventory was upgraded to the fifth bag, in general. The sixth bag is a storage item on its own behalf, and has always to be bought, even by VIP customers.

This doesn't bear any logic, but this is how it works. The same happened to this account that I am currently on. When it was still a F2P account, I applied a code (from a game magazine) that was supposed to add a bag (among other things), and Turbine understood this as an upgrade to Premium, so I suddenly had five bags for my inventory. The recent upgrade to VIP didn't change that; there are still only five bags available.

Greetings, Polymachos_too

Allright, I gather from this that its the same for everyone. Its a bit disappointing though because it makes me wonder if the Sam Gamgee Pack became a waste of money since I switched over to VIP two days after...

Thanks for resolving the query, Polymachos!

Quote Originally Posted by jaishaunik View Post
    Allright, I gather from this that its the same for everyone. Its a bit disappointing though because it makes me wonder if the Sam Gamgee Pack became a waste of money since I switched over to VIP two days after...
    It mostly was. You still get to keep the mount and the riding skill right at the start (instead of the level 20 VIP quest).