We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Teknico View Post
    I'm sorry, your statement isn't making any sense to me, the question every one really wants answered is "Why is the cool down required and for so long " ?
    Because you are getting a guaranteed critical result.

    Guild recipes are not meant to be the common standard for churning out armor sets.. there are single shot recipes for this, with the risk of getting purple non-crit outcome /oh noes

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    Because you are getting a guaranteed critical result.

    Guild recipes are not meant to be the common standard for churning out armor sets.. there are single shot recipes for this, with the risk of getting purple non-crit outcome /oh noes
    Your statement contradicts something that was said to me in a previous forum. I questioned why they removed the dread effect when you died and I was told by someone because it was a hinderance on an MMO, if dread effect when dying was a hinderance stopping someone play, why would a cool down not be a hinderance for someone wishing to increase a skill ?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Teknico View Post
    Your statement contradicts something that was said to me in a previous forum. I questioned why they removed the dread effect when you died and I was told by someone because it was a hinderance on an MMO, if dread effect when dying was a hinderance stopping someone play, why would a cool down not be a hinderance for someone wishing to increase a skill ?
    Think about that more. What about cooldowns on combat skills? Are they a hinderance too? You can only take the hinderance argument so far before it breaks down.

    But more to the point, the recipes for gear themselves don't increase skill since you need to have maxed a tier before you get the recipes anyways. Now, the guild item recipes have a cooldown and rightly so, imo. If they didn't, you could have max guild rep in a few minutes/hours and part of the game progression would be lost.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by FundinStrongarm View Post
    Think about that more. What about cooldowns on combat skills? Are they a hinderance too? You can only take the hinderance argument so far before it breaks down.

    But more to the point, the recipes for gear themselves don't increase skill since you need to have maxed a tier before you get the recipes anyways. Now, the guild item recipes have a cooldown and rightly so, imo. If they didn't, you could have max guild rep in a few minutes/hours and part of the game progression would be lost.
    Yes, combat skill cool down is a hinderance if you want to use that skill again before the time out, that's why they have added skills that can reset certain cool downs. and the game progression is halted anyway by the fact you need to wait 18+ hours before you can make another guilded item.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    17,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Teknico View Post
    Your statement contradicts something that was said to me in a previous forum. I questioned why they removed the dread effect when you died and I was told by someone because it was a hinderance on an MMO, if dread effect when dying was a hinderance stopping someone play, why would a cool down not be a hinderance for someone wishing to increase a skill ?

    I cannot speak for other people,but for myself, dread was a hindrance because all I did was log on another character while the dread went away or I went afk while walking away from the keyboard for 10 minutes.

    At least the cool down on crafting is for actual gear, there is actually a reward behind it. Dread just had me walking away from the computer for 10 minutes or logging on to another character. It served no purpose.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    523
    I didn't even think dread was that much of a hindrance. Just pop a hope token and you're good to go (in most cases).

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Okay...here's the deal. Every week, have each of your characters make major guild items for each tier you think you may be making actual items at. Them when you really want to make something, you already have a stack of guild rep items and the only cool down you're facing is on the recipe itself. This is generally known as "planning ahead".
    Um... actually, as I'm still leveling my crafters I need all those guild rep items to... get guild rep. Can't even think yet of storing anything here. So while the "planning ahead" thing might be great for players who have already mastered their crafts it's just one of those things that make newcomers feel even more like "lagging behind". I mean, okay, there are probably more than enough finished crafters on my server and I could probably just ask one of them to make me my weapons and armour - but then, what sense will be there for new players to craft anyway?

    I don't want any presents, and I'm fine with the speed of crafting as it is and also of the recipes getting more complex for higher level items, but the cooldowns really suck.

    Usually my girls travel around, gathering materials, and when the bags are full, they travel to the next proper crafting hall to process the whole stuff. It would be great if I'd be able to make as many of those guild rep items as I have material for.
    ~ Huntress reincarnated ~

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton
    Posts
    1,158
    One feature I have always liked from GW2 is that crafting speeds up the more I craft. If I want to craft 100 ingots in LotRO there is no fun in watching a progress bar for 20 minutes, it's not difficult content, it's not exciting content, it's not fun content all it serves is to be timesink content. I'd like to see crafting sped up a bit.
    [CENTER]Council Of The West On Snowbourn

    Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper[/CENTER]

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowellan View Post
    Um... actually, as I'm still leveling my crafters I need all those guild rep items to... get guild rep. Can't even think yet of storing anything here. So while the "planning ahead" thing might be great for players who have already mastered their crafts it's just one of those things that make newcomers feel even more like "lagging behind". I mean, okay, there are probably more than enough finished crafters on my server and I could probably just ask one of them to make me my weapons and armour - but then, what sense will be there for new players to craft anyway?

    I don't want any presents, and I'm fine with the speed of crafting as it is and also of the recipes getting more complex for higher level items, but the cooldowns really suck.

    Usually my girls travel around, gathering materials, and when the bags are full, they travel to the next proper crafting hall to process the whole stuff. It would be great if I'd be able to make as many of those guild rep items as I have material for.
    I think that there should be a cooldown, but not on making the rep items, but in being able to submit them! If you have a load of mats and are at a crafting facility, you should be able to make as many as you want. Handing them in should have the cooldown, but making them you should be able to make a stack and store them just like all other crafting items.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    I think that there should be a cooldown, but not on making the rep items, but in being able to submit them! If you have a load of mats and are at a crafting facility, you should be able to make as many as you want. Handing them in should have the cooldown, but making them you should be able to make a stack and store them just like all other crafting items.
    You can stack and store them. I have characters with full stacks of 100 large guild rep items.

    The problem with this is: Instant gear sets.

    Part of the logic with the cool downs appears to be an attempt to keep some gear less than overwhelmingly common. Under your scheme, it would be possible for a tailor or armorer to make one full set of each type of armor (light/medium/heavy) each week solely limited by the cool down on the armor recipes and getting any required ingredients.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I cannot speak for other people,but for myself, dread was a hindrance because all I did was log on another character while the dread went away or I went afk while walking away from the keyboard for 10 minutes.

    At least the cool down on crafting is for actual gear, there is actually a reward behind it. Dread just had me walking away from the computer for 10 minutes or logging on to another character. It served no purpose.
    I completely agree with you that dread was a hinderance if you wanted to do something, I would not have gone to the extent of changing character or walking away for 10 minutes because of it, instead I would do something different i.e. craft etc.. until the dread wore off. To say that it served no purpose again I would ask what purpose does the cool down serve on guild rep items, what purpose does the limping serve when you fall from a height, what purpose does anything make in the game ?

    There is a purpose for everything that has been done in the game, I think the issue is that it's not made clear as to what purpose the cool down serves, I have always been a person that has enjoyed playing lotro but by main bug bearer is the physics of the game i.e. fire damaging fire, why the horse limps when you fall from a height when not on your horse, why your clothes are not soaking wet when you come out a river, why when you do fall from a height and hurt a limb do you not lose health at the same time.

    All these things add up to an experience of playing a game that is supposed to rope you in to believe in a world which was once upon a time.

  12. #37
    One answer might be to reduce the cool down on the lower tier guild items as each new tier is introduced, so that the lower level crafting is less of a chore, but without flooding the top tier with items. It would also mean that I could craft my alts a set of armour before they out level it...currently the cool downs make this difficult.

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post
    So other than removing the timers on the guild recipes, what other suggestions do you have for this makeover?

    It was stated quite clearly....

    Plus there are way to many items for each craft profession, not items to craft but different items required to craft with and upgrades, ie: Brushed hides to glazed hides to finished hides, seriously, do we need that many variations just to consume all our resources..."

    K.I.S.S.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000000d975/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload