We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: PvMP SUGGESTION

PvMP SUGGESTION

Here is a suggestion I have for changing PvMP to make both sides have a reason to want to rank up and flip territories

The goal is to get as many conquest points in a certain period of time: ie four weeks

You get conquest points for flipping territories. Each side (freep and creep) start out with five outposts, all of roughly equal size, on a much larger map than what we have now (to accomodate more and larger outposts than what we are used to now)

To flip an outpost, the faction as a whole must complete certain objectives to earn contention points, such as killing npcs outside of the outpost (for a small contention gain), completing quests (for a moderate contention gain), or killing players of the other faction at that outpost (for a large contention gain)

Once the outpost has reached a certain number of contention points, it can be flipped at any point by the opposing faction. However, these flips require at least a full raid and involve multiple objectives such as breaking down a door to access a gatehouse, sabatoging black powder stores, etc, etc, until you finally can kill the captain-general to claim the banner and flip the outpost

Once an outpost has been flipped there is a period of time, ie two days, in which no contention by either faction can be generated at that specific outpost, thus making it unable to be re-flipped immediately

Once the four week map period is over, whichever faction had the most conquest points wins the map and some special barter items that provide large bonuses to all members of that faction. By that I mean ALL creeps and ALL freeps, regardless of level, ammount of participation during that map, or otherwise

For freeps, these barter items could allow for things like special gold-quality audacity gear, however enough barter items to aquire the full set could not be gained by winning only one map. Other options could be exclusive housing items, cosmetics, mithril coins, etc, etc

For creeps these barter items could be turned in for items like exclusive appearances, or 10000 commendations

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond, I implore people to make intelligent suggestions to Turbine rather than just yelling at them to fix PvMP

Happy Hunting

PS: I posted this here as well as in the PvMP section of the forums

EDITS: outpost captures (after enough contention has been gained) are not instanced and can and probably should be defended by the other faction. If a faction fails to capture an outpost in a period of time after putting it into contention, ie two days, the outpost will reset to zero contention points.
    Last edited by ElfHunter1027; Jan 07 2014 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfHunter1027 View Post
    Here is a suggestion I have for changing PvMP to make both sides have a reason to want to rank up and flip territories

The goal is to get as many conquest points in a certain period of time: ie four weeks

You get conquest points for flipping territories. Each side (freep and creep) start out with five outposts, all of roughly equal size, on a much larger map than what we have now (to accomodate more and larger outposts than what we are used to now)

To flip an outpost, the faction as a whole must complete certain objectives to earn contention points, such as killing npcs outside of the outpost (for a small contention gain), completing quests (for a moderate contention gain), or killing players of the other faction at that outpost (for a large contention gain)

Once the outpost has reached a certain number of contention points, it can be flipped at any point by the opposing faction. However, these flips require at least a full raid and involve multiple objectives such as breaking down a door to access a gatehouse, sabatoging black powder stores, etc, etc, until you finally can kill the captain-general to claim the banner and flip the outpost

Once an outpost has been flipped there is a period of time, ie two days, in which no contention by either faction can be generated at that specific outpost, thus making it unable to be re-flipped immediately

Once the four week map period is over, whichever faction had the most conquest points wins the map and some special barter items that provide large bonuses to all members of that faction. By that I mean ALL creeps and ALL freeps, regardless of level, ammount of participation during that map, or otherwise

For freeps, these barter items could allow for things like special gold-quality audacity gear, however enough barter items to aquire the full set could not be gained by winning only one map. Other options could be exclusive housing items, cosmetics, mithril coins, etc, etc

For creeps these barter items could be turned in for items like exclusive appearances, or 10000 commendations

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond, I implore people to make intelligent suggestions to Turbine rather than just yelling at them to fix PvMP

Happy Hunting

EDITS: outpost captures (after enough contention has been gained) are not instanced and can and probably should be defended by the other faction. If a faction fails to capture an outpost in a period of time after putting it into contention, ie two days, the outpost will reset to zero contention points.
    This would, I think, encourage more participation on the part of those
    who already PvMP. It would be something new and different that they
    would enjoy.

I don't think it will encourage those who don't
    PvMP to take it up. But if it isn't too expensive to
    implement, Turbine might try it. Good luck.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by ElfHunter1027 View Post

Happy Hunting

This sounds a lot like Elderscrolls online to me.
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<