We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Captains and Creep Guards

So last night, I noticed a certain captain has the ability to bug creep guards pretty much at will. Now I have only been back a few days playing this game, but I always thought the moors kind of policed itself. I have to admit it was kind of funny the first time, when all the creeps would run out of grams and get insta killed... but not the 3rd and 4th time it seemed to happen. I would assume kinships / tribes would not look favorably on their players intentionally griefing/bugging/exploiting the other side. Has this changed?

Quote Originally Posted by coridan_2008 View Post
    So last night, I noticed a certain captain has the ability to bug creep guards pretty much at will. Now I have only been back a few days playing this game, but I always thought the moors kind of policed itself. I have to admit it was kind of funny the first time, when all the creeps would run out of grams and get insta killed... but not the 3rd and 4th time it seemed to happen. I would assume kinships / tribes would not look favorably on their players intentionally griefing/bugging/exploiting the other side. Has this changed?
    Here lately that is how certain players measure being good. It is rather pathetic.

Luc, Luc, Luc...

My old nemesis...

When in the world did you think anything changed from 2007 until today? Whenever there has been even the slightest ability to exploit both sides were right on top of it. If you recall, some of our greatest forum battles came from the days when I (and many who followed my POV) unabashedly defended every single one of them.

Forgotten already, eh? Perhaps a trip through memory lane... ...

The use of the slug pit / Grams gank (I felt it was always a great thing to force creeps to group and to stick together... this of course is the cause for all creepside attitudes you most hate... we were trained from the very start of the moors to respond with every single person to the reports of one freep); the first time combat logging was in style (I admit I did it once, but DPS values in 2007 allowed for a lone creep to actually survive for 25 seconds against an un-optimized freep); the zerg (as one of if not the first creep to push open raiding I was your polar opposite even back then and have supported the raid ever since); the overabundance of axes in SoA Book 9 due to the armor bug (we suffered from it on creepside, but it was roaring good fun to see how low we could get our armor rating... I think I got down to -12000, but Grakaw crushed it with -25000); the introduction of rangers and trolls and their use (I was all for it, but oh the cries of wailing); warleader 100% heals and rezzes working on trolls (well obviously I'm going to like that one); logging alts out next to flags in keeps (Warginator invented that one, and I had my alts all in place); warleader /rp flag bug (I thought it was hilarious, but some people weren't fans); increasing infamy for raiders; adding infamy to quest turn-ins (guess I was the official winner of that argument from the dev perspective ); organizing mass creep logouts and suggesting mass freep logouts when Lugz (creeps) or TR (freeps) was the wrong color; and so on and so on...

When are folks going to realize that people will do anything and everything to get their kills... it's just numbers those lovely +infamy/renown numbers that fly up. Take your licks and get back out there, or don't and let people squeeze the life out of each other how they will.

Anyway, if you haven't guessed I'm somewhat back, but not to PVMP... think of me as a support forum poster... since 75% of the stuff out here is stuff that should be posted in a /bug report anyway, I just want to provide some devil's advocacy.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffd700]Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]AKA: Yargax of Pouncing Pwny[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Yeah Luc, that is the freeps newest I win without trying button. At least not all Captains seem to have falling victim to this ez mode tactic.

(From the creeps point of view it was very funny the first time it happened. After the 2nd, 3rd. 4th and 5th time it simply served to kill the urge to pvp for a bit.)

Quote Originally Posted by GIR-dog View Post
    Yeah Luc, that is the freeps newest I win without trying button. At least not all Captains seem to have falling victim to this ez mode tactic.

(From the creeps point of view it was very funny the first time it happened. After the 2nd, 3rd. 4th and 5th time it simply served to kill the urge to pvp for a bit.)

I don;t think the original poster is Luc. I think it is someone who is quoting Luc.

Quote Originally Posted by AdarinOuest View Post
    Luc, Luc, Luc...

My old nemesis...
    Yeah... that's not Luc.

He was Thane9 ppl.

Heh...thought the name was odd... The real giveaway was that it wasn't five paragraphs long.

In the end, though it was a sentiment Luc would definitely be behind so that's what threw me.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffd700]Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]AKA: Yargax of Pouncing Pwny[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by FarFooFaFa View Post
    I don;t think the original poster is Luc. I think it is someone who is quoting Luc.
    Yup, but since he listed no name for himself, I will have to go by the only name in his sig. He is not Luc.

Quote Originally Posted by AdarinOuest View Post
    Heh...thought the name was odd... The real giveaway was that it wasn't five paragraphs long.

In the end, though it was a sentiment Luc would definitely be behind so that's what threw me.
    Luc could have taken up writing short stories instead of novels.

If the creeps left grams they wouldn't have this problem...

Report the captain doing it each time. It's an exploit, pure and simple.
    [COLOR=#800000]Various Hobbits, Thwilda the dwarf lass, and Gnersk, Stalker[/COLOR]

Or you could, you know, leave grams. No wait that's crazy let's just keep hugging the one shots. boldstrategycotton.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jackzilla1212 View Post
    Or you could, you know, leave grams. No wait that's crazy let's just keep hugging the one shots. boldstrategycotton.jpg

No, just report any and all exploiters.

Then map to GTA and look for stuff to eat.

No, just report any and all exploiters.

Then map to GTA and look for stuff to eat.
    Can i report creeps that exploit one shotters? Because one shotters were meant to prevent spawn killing, not to protect creeps that afraid go to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by sarefx View Post
    Can i report creeps that exploit one shotters? Because one shotters were meant to prevent spawn killing, not to protect creeps that afraid go to pvp.
    That is not an exploit Milnor, and you know this. Perhaps the best war to prevent some creeps from sitting at Grams is to not come at they with groups of 35 plus, then happily sit in front of grams waiting for a victim. If you want creeps to leave the front of Grams, I suggest that freeps simply refuse to camp Gams.

True exploiters should ALWAYS be reported.

Perhaps the best war to prevent some creeps from sitting at Grams is to not come at they with groups of 35 plus, then happily sit in front of grams waiting for a victim. If you want creeps to leave the front of Grams, I suggest that freeps simply refuse to camp Gams.
    Let's not forget the first months of RoR and HD when Creeps were the ones camping GV telling Freeps the exact same thing.

(This isn't intended directly at you Pounce, just a fair generalisation)

Creeps still have the overall upperhand in the Moors, in fact, by a fair margin. Perhaps it's too difficult to see due to individual skill levels deteriorating over time due to certain zerglicious playstyles.

Minus macro'ers of course. Always the macros.

The one day I was on and the captain exploited the one shots, the CRAID was reorganizing after a bunch of people left. The captain knew exactly was SHE was doing and it was pathetic. Esp since once again the freeps came out with twice the numbers, took all the OPs, had all the keeps and we still left Grams to fight. These old excuses are getting boring. Please get better trolling material.

The combat logging that the freeps are doing is just as pathetic. If you don't wanna die, then don't come to the Moors.

Quote Originally Posted by CarenC View Post
    The one day I was on and the captain exploited the one shots, the CRAID was reorganizing after a bunch of people left. The captain knew exactly was SHE was doing and it was pathetic.

Haha, like I've said before, you sound like a true creep at heart. I was entitled to a three day ban. Yes I intentionally thought to myself, "I wonder how many creeps this would one shot?"

I understand you didn't want to come outright and use my name. Clearly, writing 'she' in all caps was not your true intention? Why do you let people ruffle your feathers so? And what is this angst regarding me? Besides the two times I ran into the one shots...

And for the love of GOD, when has a yellow cappy killed more than one target while solo'ing 20+ creeps? We can't honestly out dps a raid healing through a single target. (Post a vid or it didn't happen)

And lastly for any still reading, if a yellow cappy leaves such a bad taste in your mouth, go around it, don't touch, don't play with it bc the more you mess with it, the bigger it grows. Just take a deep breath, kill the pet , and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola's View Post
    Haha, like I've said before, you sound like a true creep at heart.

Dare I recant this statement; It is simply a term of endearment.
    Creep as in, one who plays Lord of the Rings online, slots 12 corruptions, has all good maps, poisons the Hoardale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottapee View Post
    Let's not forget the first months of RoR and HD when Creeps were the ones camping GV telling Freeps the exact same thing.

(This isn't intended directly at you Pounce, just a fair generalisation)

Creeps still have the overall upperhand in the Moors, in fact, by a fair margin. Perhaps it's too difficult to see due to individual skill levels deteriorating over time due to certain zerglicious playstyles.

Minus macro'ers of course. Always the macros.
    You are calling the wrong pot my friend, I never camp GV. In fact, there is a Pwny rule forbidding camping GV or a rez circle.

And no, creeps do not have the upper hand in the moors. In fact, freep skills and dps still are far out of line for the most part. I will say though that when numbers are closer to even we can still have some epic fights. My biggest problem in the moors is sensory overload nearing an epileptic seizure . There are far too many flashy firey skills in the moors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola's View Post
    Dare I recant this statement; It is simply a term of endearment.
    Creep as in, one who plays Lord of the Rings online, slots 12 corruptions, has all good maps, poisons the Hoardale.
    Lola loves deh puppies of deh moorz.

Lola loves deh puppies of deh moorz.

Ohhh boy, I DOOOOZZZ. I'm gritting my teeth, sqwweeezing some pupeh cheeks, and twirling some pupeh ears, talking in a high pitch voice.