We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

lotroclient stops working - appcrash

Hello folk. I got annoying problem since I started Rohan. Before rohan it sometimes crashes down when I am teleporting through AH in Bree or another buildings. But in Rohan its like getting crashed every hour, while teleporting or just when I am riding. My pc specs are not so good neither my graphic options in-game. What is the problem do you think? Thanks.

Can't help you, I'm afraid. I too was looking for solution to the exact same issue, but I was unable to find any. I'm currently reinstalling LotRO for the 5th time... Doubt it'll work, tho.

It is caused by the upgraded graphics in the Rohan area causing issues with lower specification systems. Since it was revamped, Bree has the same issues but to a slightly lesser extent.

One solution that helped for me before I upgraded my system (I went from crashing roughly once a minute to thirty-sixty minutes. Not wonderful I know, but at least I could play the game) was to go into the Graphics Settings in-game and hit the Detect Optimal Settings button. I also switched off anything else I could in the Graphics Settings that I could live without.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

The issues aren't with Rohan. They are with everything. My game used to crash in Bree-town only, and now it's crashing randomly everywhere I go, mostly in loading screen as I enter new area or switch toons. Lowering settings doesn't work, reinstalling doesn't work. Nothing does. Just as if the client was incompatible with my gear and I changed my gear several times over past 3 years. If something doesn't work as it should and there's nobody around to fix it over two years or so, it's got to be LotRO. I don't even know why I cling to this game. Got to be my buddies or the atmosphere... but the game itself is unplayable.

You need to get someone to make a thorough check of your system, C.B., and correct any issues with it.

I, and thousands of others, are not having any trouble with the game client at all; it cannot be an issue there.

This is intended as friendly advice to try to help you and not meant to cause any offence.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

I have a relatively new PC with an intel i7-3770k, Nvidia 680 and 8GB of RAM with LOTRO installed on an SSD. I'm getting regular crashes too after travelling to a new area.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Hello folk. I got annoying problem since I started Rohan. Before rohan it sometimes crashes down when I am teleporting through AH in Bree or another buildings. But in Rohan its like getting crashed every hour, while teleporting or just when I am riding. My pc specs are not so good neither my graphic options in-game. What is the problem do you think? Thanks.

I'd say first work through the connection sticky, paying particular attention to the sections on ports.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-8-12-2010

Make sure after every update you have problems after, that you take the client and launcher out of your virus real time scanning/firewall/internet provider security software exceptions and add them back.