We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Freezed after Loading Screen (after Button "Enter Middlearth")

Hello everybody,

i've a problem to enter the game "ingame".

my system:

HW: Intel i5 2500K + Gigabyte GTX 770 + G.Skill 8 GB RAM
    Sound: using onboard Realtek
    Drivers: all actual
    Visual Studio 2012 including .NetFrameWork: 4.5 (cannot downgrade!, need for work)

After Login Screen and create a new char i've klicked the button "enter middleearth", so the loading screen comes. After the ring lights on for a second, it does none. My HDD is off, no loading. ALT + Tab = Taskmanager the game.exe means "No Responsive".
    Another error at same location is a debugging screen. So i klick to debug: "ntdll.dll has caused an error."

- with/ without fullscreen
    - graphics at ultra (max) DX11 -> ntdll.dll
    - graphics at low (min) DX9 -> loading screen error

Today i've got a new error code:

Same question in german, but no solution yet.

greetings
    Last edited by Lightattack; Jan 04 2014 at 09:10 AM.

Hi, Lightattack.

Can you please check that you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) installed on your system?

It's required to run the client and will not affect your Visual Basic install at all.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Can you please check that you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) installed on your system?
    Yes, it's all installed:

How long does it last? Mine goes unresponsive for 30-45s before it continues. A small issue on mine I have yet to pursue a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    How long does it last? Mine goes unresponsive for 30-45s before it continues. A small issue on mine I have yet to pursue a fix.
    I've waited for three or more minutes before i gone to taskmanager and closed the game. To begin its load for ~ 10 seconds, then nothing.

I'm looked into Servicemanager yet:

1)

Beschreibung
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\HappyCloud\Cache\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe

Problemsignatur
    Problemereignisame: APPCRASH
    Anwendungsname: lotroclient.exe
    Anwendungsversion: 1201.54.1950.4009
    Anwendungszeitstempel: 52a7c664
    Fehlermodulname: ntdll.dll
    Fehlermodulversion: 6.1.7601.18247
    Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 521ea8e7
    Ausnahmecode: c0000005
    Ausnahmeoffset: 00037383
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Zusatzinformation 1: 87c1
    Zusatzinformation 2: 87c104327cf37ff6554a614b6a8420 76
    Zusatzinformation 3: c9f4
    Zusatzinformation 4: c9f45f1c70a5399e7768c0b170e86a 02

2) and 3) are same

Beschreibung
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\HappyCloud\Cache\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe

Problemsignatur
    Problemereignisame: APPCRASH
    Anwendungsname: lotroclient.exe
    Anwendungsversion: 1201.54.1950.4009
    Anwendungszeitstempel: 52a7c664
    Fehlermodulname: lotroclient.exe
    Fehlermodulversion: 1201.54.1950.4009
    Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 52a7c664
    Ausnahmecode: c0000005
    Ausnahmeoffset: 003ef2a2
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Zusatzinformation 1: d468
    Zusatzinformation 2: d468898c24f3dbc331b629adc06c77 22
    Zusatzinformation 3: e5a0
    Zusatzinformation 4: e5a0db6f37098b4495c503e8ad2e4a 88

Have you been playing the game or just installed? If you just installed it, I believe you did it wrong. Save to your main HDD/SSD under Program Files folder and see what happens.

Edit: I have never tried to run a program that needs a true installation (like LotRO) outside of Program Files. Program Files, as I was taught many years ago is sacred to Windows. So that may be where your issue lies. I am the conventional type so I haven't changed my approach in some time.
    Last edited by Peresbert; Jan 04 2014 at 10:02 AM.

Deleting (or renaming) the file '%USERPROFILE%\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UserPreferences.ini' will help on several occasions.. Please try that too.

Have you been playing the game or just installed? If you just installed it, I believe you did it wrong. Save to your main HDD/SSD under Program Files folder and see what happens.
    I believe, i don't understand your question. How does you mean "playing the game or just installed". I cannot play the game, thats my problem.
    I've just installed it, with the "LOTROProgressive_de_4.28. exe" from mainpage and the Express-Installer on partition D:\ (with manual-Installation it's run to an error: "Unable to find Path").

I have never tried to run a program that needs a true installation (like LotRO) outside of Program Files.
    So, you never installed a SSD. ;-) I cannot copy to C:\Program Files\ while i don't have enough space on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraxv View Post
    Deleting (or renaming) the file '%USERPROFILE%\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UserPreferences.ini' will help on several occasions.. Please try that too.
    Renaming, start and try with no option changes. But it's the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightattack View Post
    I believe, i don't understand your question. How does you mean "playing the game or just installed". I cannot play the game, thats my problem.
    I've just installed it, with the "LOTROProgressive_de_4.28. exe" from mainpage and the Express-Installer on partition D:\ (with manual-Installation it's run to an error: "Unable to find Path").
    Well you answered my question. It's an improper install (my personal opinion). And I hate the progressive download; use lotrohigh.exe to an external hard drive. Do not put on a "cloud" or network drive unless you have a great virtual machine.
    So, you never installed a SSD. ;-) I cannot copy to C:\Program Files\ while i don't have enough space on it.
    I have, but the lowest was 250GB. Now the standard is what, 500GB? If you, as an individual, can not manage 500GB on a main drive, you need to learn proper data management.

Well you answered my question. It's an improper install (my personal opinion).
    You are quite correct I've encountered this exact issue before on these forums where the person had installed the game on a secondary drive and reinstalling it to the Program Files directory solved the issue.

Lightattack, you need to clear some space on your C: partition (drive) and reinstall the game client to the intended location.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

lotrohigh.exe -> 14,5GB Download -> install on C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Der Herr der Ringe Online and it runs...

Why can i use another install-path, when it not runs in this. omg. Today, holidays are over...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightattack View Post
    lotrohigh.exe -> 14,5GB Download -> install on C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Der Herr der Ringe Online and it runs...

Why can i use another install-path, when it not runs in this. omg. Today, holidays are over...
    It is a program. Complete programs need to be installed into program files on windows. It has been that way for years. Though I know someone who has it on an external hard drive, and plays it off that. Haven't asked steps he's done to do it, I just know he does (according to him).

Now since you have installed Lotro, take the install files and move them elsewhere, or delete them. I have mine on a network drive.