We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: The Hungry Ones

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Falticeni, Romania
    Posts
    119

    The Hungry Ones

    hey, today im gonna speak about the 1v1 that took place in gta .
    while doing 1v1 for like 2-3 mins , a boxing hunter escorted by a mini and a burg had joined the 1v1 . so the rule here is, from what i`ve seen and know, if u gang someone (as a creep for ex) all freep from gta will attack the ones that are ganging.So the boxing hunter attacked all creeps that had low hp from the 1v1, or the ones that were coming from lugz rez. So, the creeps at gta attacked the boxing hunter that was ganging everyone(only the boxing hunters). Every freep that was at gta , saw what happened, (even when the boxing hunter attacked and killed every low-hp creep) but they didnt care(because prb they were receiving renow aswell) so they started killing the creeps one by one.
    Fine, mors is a open pvp area, but dont enter with your creep and say in ooc, stuff like 1v1 gonna start soon , and after like a couple a mins u start ganging and killing every creep there.
    I`ve posted today because this isn`t the first time happening and i`m tired of this s**t
    Please, if u need renow that much just do the daily, kill creeps normally, but dont ask for 1v1 and then gang everyone.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by McCaef View Post
    hey, today im gonna speak about the 1v1 that took place in gta .
    while doing 1v1 for like 2-3 mins , a boxing hunter escorted by a mini and a burg had joined the 1v1 . so the rule here is, from what i`ve seen and know, if u gang someone (as a creep for ex) all freep from gta will attack the ones that are ganging.So the boxing hunter attacked all creeps that had low hp from the 1v1, or the ones that were coming from lugz rez. So, the creeps at gta attacked the boxing hunter that was ganging everyone(only the boxing hunters). Every freep that was at gta , saw what happened, (even when the boxing hunter attacked and killed every low-hp creep) but they didnt care(because prb they were receiving renow aswell) so they started killing the creeps one by one.
    Fine, mors is a open pvp area, but dont enter with your creep and say in ooc, stuff like 1v1 gonna start soon , and after like a couple a mins u start ganging and killing every creep there.
    I`ve posted today because this isn`t the first time happening and i`m tired of this s**t
    Please, if u need renow that much just do the daily, kill creeps normally, but dont ask for 1v1 and then gang everyone.

    Easy way to fix this is to zerg the one v ones everyday. I plan to do this for a while because too much of this has been happening again. So be warned all.

  3. #3
    Word to the wise: Rules do not apply to everyone in this game.

    I usually abide by the unwritten 1v1 rules by not ganking people, not interrupting 1v1s, etc. but on occasion I will gank someone if I think the 1v1s are dead or if I simply just want to spark up some action outside of gta. I usually get rolled repeatedly afterwards, but I'm okay with this. Sometimes a healer will side with me and I'll last a little longer, and then the action starts up. Sometimes not.

    I pretty much have only one rule for myself nowadays: don't interrupt an on-going 1v1. I don't like stealing other people's fights from them, esp. if they're visibly trying to better themselves at PvP by 1v1ing. Good for them! ....Other than that, all is fair game for me now. I've seen too many people tell me to do this, do that, and then I see them not doing this or that later on, so I've pretty much given up hope for people to actually "follow the rules" in PvP.

    Again, the key to be safe is just to be prepared for the unexpected. Sometimes if someone is ganking, the other side won't even help you kill them. And if you're too low rank to do so, just map out and do some quests, or simply log. It sucks that people don't follow the rules, I get it, but it can't be helped.

  4. #4
    Last while 87% of what happens at gta is farming.

    Spiderbyte
    Last edited by swamp; Jan 03 2014 at 03:25 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000132c11/signature.png]Spiderbyte[/charsig]

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post

    Again, the key to be safe is just to be prepared for the unexpected. Sometimes if someone is ganking, the other side won't even help you kill them. And if you're too low rank to do so, just map out and do some quests, or simply log. It sucks that people don't follow the rules, I get it, but it can't be helped.
    This frame of mind is a very good reason why one vs. one at the good map of Tol Ascarnen should be stopped. One of the best things about LotRo, PvE, PvMP, is new players. Setting up your renown/infamy farm festival smack dab in the middle of the map, where lo and behold, low level monster players trying to do quests for a map they will be discouraged to use. Why? Because they are not in Ventrilo/Team Speak/Mumble with the opposing farmers and will be defeated in seconds, only to respawn at least five running minutes away. Perhaps it is a sign of the times. Hunting for the opposition is too much trouble. Set up a daily grind at a high traffic area, grind out renown/infamy/commendations on each other (or as you so cleverly stated, "better yourself at PvMP",) and destroy whoever wanders through. Your helping hand to who ever complains in OOC, in a nutshell, keep away from my little group, or simply log. This game needs to grow, like it or not, with new players. Discouraging them no matter how broken you think this game is, will only make your PvMP gear, rank, and whatever else you are trying to do, worthless.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    I barely PvP anymore, but recently joined a creep group to "peck uh fight" at GtA, to stop the freeps from obliterating R5 creeps. (Or so I was told).

    So we barrel through, kill all the things, and then all action stops. Freeps... gone.

    I leave to level alts. I see GLFF saying, "looks like creeps are just PvEing the map red", with a tone of disbelief. Well, yeah. If you don't set up some kind of defensive, that happens, dumb*** (I wanted to say that). Then I find out, minutes later, freeps are sparring lowbies again. And I say lowbies because I asked if they were rank 5, and got no response. So just assuming.

    It's meh. I stopped caring about this game, for a while. It's all a big waste of time, if there is no sport or fun in it. Sure RvR's still happen, but the majority of it is sparring in between times. If it's fun, then great! But the sport and drama is nearly all gone. There is no real prestige. Not anymore. Not like there use to be. /shrug

  7. #7
    When I want good PvP i log into L... hahahaha no just kidding I can't even say it the joke is too funny.

    But to be fair to the gankers and fair weather pvpers, when it is clear that the Developers couldn't care less about this game, then why should they?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post

    But the sport and drama is nearly all gone. There is no real prestige. Not anymore. Not like there use to be. /shrug
    Yeah Clown, for once in a long time, I agree with you. Ever since the addition of OP buffs and renown/infamy buffs, the sport that 1v1 provided has dipped severely and has lost its true purpose: to test one's skill in combat against another skilled opponent.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    This frame of mind is a very good reason why one vs. one at the good map of Tol Ascarnen should be stopped. One of the best things about LotRo, PvE, PvMP, is new players. Setting up your renown/infamy farm festival smack dab in the middle of the map, where lo and behold, low level monster players trying to do quests for a map they will be discouraged to use. Why? Because they are not in Ventrilo/Team Speak/Mumble with the opposing farmers and will be defeated in seconds, only to respawn at least five running minutes away.
    This frame of mind exemplifies someone who is not only afraid to reveal their identity in game for some unknown reason, but also closed-minded, making up scenarios that do not happen, in order to support their illogical argument. Now, I do not see low ranking creeps (or low ranking, new freeps) being regularly killed at 1v1s (as you are saying they are "defeated in seconds after trying to do quests") if they are not ganking. If they are "trying to do quests," which implies that they are not attacking freeps, but gathering wood/stone, killing aurochs, etc. to rank up, the 1v1ers leave them alone. If someone is not leaving them alone, I see no reason that that person should not be zerged. Go for it. Just leave the honorable ones alone... they are not responsible for other people's actions...

    However, if the "lower ranks" are ganking, they get the same treatment as they would anywhere else in the moors. I don't see the difference between that and killing that creep in, say, grothum, if I was out solo. I'm surprised that you see a difference, but this again is just showing your inability to see the obvious, apparently.

    If someone fights me, I will fight back. Whining about "oh they're low rank" or on freep "oh they're low level" is, quite frankly, just ignorant. They know they're in a PvP zone. If they are low rank and still learning their class, and cannot best a freep (or creep), they better avoid them until they can. If I'm being attacked, I will either kill the person who is attacking me, or die. This applies for "1v1 zones," open PvP, and npcs in PvE. The npcs in PvE are the most fearsome opponents though.


    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    Perhaps it is a sign of the times. Hunting for the opposition is too much trouble. Set up a daily grind at a high traffic area, grind out renown/infamy/commendations on each other (or as you so cleverly stated, "better yourself at PvMP",) and destroy whoever wanders through. Your helping hand to who ever complains in OOC, in a nutshell, keep away from my little group, or simply log. This game needs to grow, like it or not, with new players. Discouraging them no matter how broken you think this game is, will only make your PvMP gear, rank, and whatever else you are trying to do, worthless.
    Once again, I fail to see how you come upon the concept that 1v1ers "destroy whoever wanders through." Funny thing is, I've seen plenty of regular zergers not being touched at 1v1s. Lewzah, Morsum, Happyfeet, and Incendio all get a free pass usually. It's funny how when the scenario is flipped, the 1v1ers do NOT kill the regular group'ers, but when you reverse the situation the outcome is inevitable. Speaks wonders about those people, doesn't it?

    Now, I would agree with you about the farming comms thing except for the fact that there ARE players out there who DO want to better themselves at PvP. I'm not cleverly rewording a different reality. I can name plenty of people who go to 1v1s to challenge themselves, not to farm comms.

    A perfect example of this was a 1v1 against Lenovos on my reaver like 2 weeks ago when we were both still getting used to the changes. He beat me fair and square, and when he got me down to 2k while he was still at 10k, he turned around. He stopped attacking. He knew he had beaten me, and he didn't care about the comms. That's the style of 1v1 that the whole thing is all about. It's about making yourself a better PvPer, and if you know you have someone beat, why kill them?

    The problem now, is that so many classes have such high burst dps. You really don't know who's going to win until, well, they've already won. A reaver can quite literally come back from 10k morale with a dev impale for a one shot. A hunter can get three lucky devs in a row and take off 30k of a creep. A warden can literally get kills from the grave with their unmitigated bleeds.

    The problem now, is not the players. It's the game. You say they're just farming, but that's the style of the game now. You can't 1v1 like 1v1s were intended to be anymore. It's a fight to the death, because death is the only way you know you actually beat them.

    *Waits for someone to say, BUT BUT LENOVOS MAYBE DIDN'T BEAT YOU THEN WHY'D HE TURN AROUND?* Because he's a cool cat.


    Finally, if the problem REALLY was simply the fact that 1v1s are usually at gta, and not at an out of the way location like good grim or poor isen, we would not see regular zergs of the 1v1s at those locations. BUT WE DO. So I conclude, again, the problem does not lie in fault with the 1v1ers. I like RvR or group PvP just as much as anyone else. Some would probably not even call me a regular 1v1er anymore. But I dislike zerging more than anything else, and that is what you are advocating, as candy sugared as you would like to make it, my nameless friend pvmpfailsauce36 (who I am quite tempted to say is Lewzah, or if not, it's someone just as bad as him).

    Zerging gets you far more infamy than 1v1s, for sure, but there's no reason to make up bull---- arguments to encourage it. It's a fail way to play this game, plain and simple. The age-old argument of saying "1v1s are farming! Let's get some 'PvP' going! Zerg the freeps(/creeps) at the 1v1s, maybe the 3-4 of them there will form a group to fight the 12 of us and we can call it PvP while we faceroll them into GV(/Grams)!" is as fail as ever. Both sides have players who do this regularly, and I still have yet to see any of those players go out of their way to challenge themselves in PvP, so I will keep on calling them fail until they prove me wrong. ...Which they won't.



    TL;DR: Poorly disguised fail pro-zerging argument succesfully dismantled.

    Last edited by Bond007; Jan 05 2014 at 03:32 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pausekey View Post
    When I want good PvP i log into L... hahahaha no just kidding I can't even say it the joke is too funny.

    But to be fair to the gankers and fair weather pvpers, when it is clear that the Developers couldn't care less about this game, then why should they?
    A question I have to ask is, do you consider PvMP end game material? Would it be a stretch of the imagination to consider that one does not need jewelery attainable only from end game raids, and First Age weapons and Class Items to PvMP? To think somebody would venture to the Ettenmoores with Third Age weapons and Class Items, mid-range jewelery! How foolish! And those fair weather PvP'ers... Maybe a Second Age weapon, some teal jewelery, it may be tough for them. The challenge of PvMP is and has always been available to you. It's not really your fault though, so much of the Free People's PvE is basically experience points for your weapons and class items. The unbelievable amount of time spent making them perfect, it is easy to lose sight of the real requirements of the Ettenmoores. But remember when you, for the lack of a better term "face roll" the Monster Players over and over again with no real strategy, relying gear over skill, be prepared to deal with a back door fight, respawn camp, well the joke that you say is too funny. This is the bed that you made, you picked the pillows, the sheets, the blankets... but you don't like it... and it's somebody else's fault?

  11. #11
    My post is not a pro zerg one vs. one post. My post is intended to show that your choice of location is poor. Then to goad in OOC that so and so got a beat down because they interfered in your little party. But to be in such a high traffic area, your disbelief of somebody attacking the opposition. Its just too convenient. A simple analogy would be, showing a dog a cookie, holding it right in front of it, and as soon as it goes to take it you smack him. Then you laugh at it saying well that is what you get for trying to get the cookie. Discouraging new players is a good way to make an already stale PvMP area worse. If that is what you want, keep it up! If your really into bettering your PvMP skills, think about moving to another place on the map. Create a channel that only you and your fellow one vs. one friends can see. I don't think that is the real reason you one vs. one there though. Next time I'll check the stables in Glân Vraig for your drama lhama.

  12. #12
    You spelled Llama wrong...your argument is invalid.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    My post is not a pro zerg one vs. one post. My post is intended to show that your choice of location is poor. Then to goad in OOC that so and so got a beat down because they interfered in your little party.
    You and others zerged Kriksus, the only freep who was 1v1ing. Kriksus caught you solo, and killed you. I am not sure how zerging one freep is encouraging PvP and helping lower rank creeps, but go figure. I refer to my previous post about the concept of "if someone attacks me, I will fight back." You cannot expect not to die later on if you ganked someone earlier with others.


    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    But to be in such a high traffic area,
    Low ranking creeps do not have GTA. GTA is only high traffic for already ranked creeps/freeps who should understand the concept of 1v1s by then. There are no quests in GTA anymore, especially since Rockwithers became obsolete.


    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    your disbelief of somebody attacking the opposition. Its just too convenient. A simple analogy would be, showing a dog a cookie, holding it right in front of it, and as soon as it goes to take it you smack him. Then you laugh at it saying well that is what you get for trying to get the cookie.
    If you really have such disdain for renown farming, why are you referring to it as a cookie? Ganking a 1v1 with enough at your back that you will not die is just as bad as renown farming. It is gaining renown at no risk of death.


    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    Discouraging new players is a good way to make an already stale PvMP area worse. If that is what you want, keep it up!
    Hiding in grams or keep npcs until creeps have twice the numbers freeps do is a better way. And your claim that 1v1s at GTA discourages new players still has no proof. It only discourages players who only fight when they can get easy infamy, and the moors is better off without those.


    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    If that is what you want, keep it up! If your really into bettering your PvMP skills, think about moving to another place on the map. Create a channel that only you and your fellow one vs. one friends can see. I don't think that is the real reason you one vs. one there though.
    I have a couple screenshots of you and yours zerging 1v1s at good grim. I don't think 1v1s being at gta is the real reason you zerg there though. Easy infamy is.


    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    Next time I'll check the stables in Glân Vraig for your drama lhama.
    It's right next to my lightsaber.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    You and others zerged Kriksus, the only freep who was 1v1ing. Kriksus caught you solo, and killed you. I am not sure how zerging one freep is encouraging PvP and helping lower rank creeps, but go figure. I refer to my previous post about the concept of "if someone attacks me, I will fight back." You cannot expect not to die later on if you ganked someone earlier with others.



    Low ranking creeps do not have GTA. GTA is only high traffic for already ranked creeps/freeps who should understand the concept of 1v1s by then. There are no quests in GTA anymore, especially since Rockwithers became obsolete.



    If you really have such disdain for renown farming, why are you referring to it as a cookie? Ganking a 1v1 with enough at your back that you will not die is just as bad as renown farming. It is gaining renown at no risk of death.



    Hiding in grams or keep npcs until creeps have twice the numbers freeps do is a better way. And your claim that 1v1s at GTA discourages new players still has no proof. It only discourages players who only fight when they can get easy infamy, and the moors is better off without those.



    I have a couple screenshots of you and yours zerging 1v1s at good grim. I don't think 1v1s being at gta is the real reason you zerg there though. Easy infamy is.



    It's right next to my lightsaber.
    Each paragraph is a response to your above quote.

    You worry about who pvmpfailsauce36 is, and it is taking too much attention away from the real problem here. Who and what happened there is somebody else.

    Low ranking Monster Players that do not have Good Tol Ascarnen do not wander through that area? If memory serves, there are two Out Posts, Grimwood Lumber Camp, Hoarhallow, and a nice stretch of river bank that has logs, roots etc for questing in the area. Aurochs for Fly the Flags quest too I believe. If a Monster Player were to map in with the map that you indicate they have Crude or Poor, well unless you know something I don't, those maps will be on cool down when you send them to at best Lugazag respawn or the ever hated walk back from The Steps of Gramm. Again since my real point here seems to go unnoticed to you, walking back while being passively mocked.

    The use of an analogy is to take a subject and try to make the point eaiser to understand. You know dogs like cookies, you know new Monster Players (dog,) will go after the first Free Person (cookie,) they see. On this particular day Anorc (guy holding the cookie,) scolds or in your case belittles, the Monster Player (dog,) for going after the Free Person (cookie.) This was probably something I didn't need to break down for you, but, as I have said in the first quote of this reply, your attention is in the wrong place. Take a breath and try to understand my whole reason for posting this.

    With this quote, take parts of my response to Pausekey's post. Please remember that I am not saying you should go to the Ettenmoores with no gear and junk weapons. I understand that you are either all in, or no go. There is middle ground to this subject as well. Facerolling PvMP is as fun as Helm's Dike for the 50th time etc. If you destroy new Monster Players at a high traffic area who are doing the only quests they have to do, and then passively mock them, how is that not discouraging?

    I have no problem with one vs. one at Good Grimwood. There is not much for new monster players to gather there. The only reason to use that map is low cool down and pretty quick travel to the Grimwood Lumber Camp. The chances of a low rank/no idea whats going on, to wander through there is very low. Again about zerging the one vs. one. I don't care if you one vs. one, the pleasure zerging one vs. one for me lasts about as long as the target. (Not very long.) My problem, it seems, no matter how many times I say it, seems to be written with invisible text. Don't discourage new players.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    You worry about who pvmpfailsauce36 is, and it is taking too much attention away from the real problem here. Who and what happened there is somebody else.
    Hokay.

    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    On this particular day Anorc (guy holding the cookie,) scolds or in your case belittles, the Monster Player (dog,) for going after the Free Person (cookie.) This was probably something I didn't need to break down for you, but, as I have said in the first quote of this reply, your attention is in the wrong place. Take a breath and try to understand my whole reason for posting this.

    With this quote, take parts of my response to Pausekey's post. Please remember that I am not saying you should go to the Ettenmoores with no gear and junk weapons. I understand that you are either all in, or no go. There is middle ground to this subject as well. Facerolling PvMP is as fun as Helm's Dike for the 50th time etc. If you destroy new Monster Players at a high traffic area who are doing the only quests they have to do, and then passively mock them, how is that not discouraging?
    Meh. They need to learn the concept of 1v1s sometime. 1v1s have traditionally taken place at gta, because it is a place both freeps and creeps can get to easily, as both sides will be dying a lot. I wasn't trying to belittle or mock people, but if I came off condescending or rude, that is my fault, and my bad. I was trying to explain to the creeps who were ganking the 1v1s (yes, they were attacking freeps in the middle of 1v1s, and healing creeps who were 1v1ing) exactly what they were getting themselves into. They did not understand, and I was getting frustrated.

    I don't remember mocking them, but I do remember telling them that I would not help them kill the freeps, since they were in the wrong at the moment. If anything I said seemed mocking/discouraging, I apologize. I do recall sending tells to particular players in fact telling them I would help them quest elsewhere if they wanted to, if only to stop the ganking and counter-ganking rotation that was spiraling out of control at gta. They refused. Simply put, they were not questing, but ganking, and refused to acknowledge this. I am often very blunt in my comments, because I do not like people who dance around the problem, but that also makes me unlikable at times as well. This was probably one of those times.


    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    I have no problem with one vs. one at Good Grimwood. There is not much for new monster players to gather there. The only reason to use that map is low cool down and pretty quick travel to the Grimwood Lumber Camp. The chances of a low rank/no idea whats going on, to wander through there is very low. Again about zerging the one vs. one. I don't care if you one vs. one, the pleasure zerging one vs. one for me lasts about as long as the target. (Not very long.) My problem, it seems, no matter how many times I say it, seems to be written with invisible text. Don't discourage new players.
    Point taken. I don't think 1v1s will ever truly move to good grim, as that is a much harder location for creeps to get to readily, but it would be nice if that weren't the case. Ty for providing the actual situation you were originally talking about.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,737
    I don't mind 1v1s. I often participate in them. There's a few people I don't get along with, and a few people who don't get along with me, that may bump heads occasionally and gank each other. As I stated earlier in this thread (or one similar to it) I get over it. However, when there's 25 ppl at 1v1s, that's not a time to 1v1. That's a time to do group vs group action or raid vs raid. That was the case Friday night, if my memory serves me right. Spiderbyte suggested we zerg them, and I agreed with him. 1v1s are an awesome form of pvp, but if there's numbers out to have something more, I think we're doing a disservice to pvp to just "1v1" with 12+ on each side. Others have posted that they'll just start zerging them, I won't commit myself to that. But when I feel that better action can be had when 1v1s are occurring, I will run my raid through there, which is what I did Friday night (3x at 3 different locations).

    PVP on this server has sucked lately. Freeps have formed up a few times and forced me to call it a night as the raid I was leading was unable to overcome them. However, more often than not, it has been a blue map with freeps camping Grams or hugging the backdoor of Lug. As soon as they aren't able to do either of those, they bounce. Then I see the same freeps who were camping grams or farming creeps at Lug backdoor ---- "1v1ing". The main issue, as of late, imo is freeps wanting to farm solo/small group and as soon as the creeps form up, they bounce or revert to "1v1s" as a means for renown. The potential for good raids on this server is still there. There were 26 freeps at TR tonight. We had some awesome fights throughout the night. Unfortunately, the creeps consolidated and the freeps didn't.

    Freeps farming grams or lug backdoor solo and small group til they can't and bouncing is getting old. And I'm not trying to point fingers, but I'm pretty sure we can all agree it's the same thing night after night with perhaps one exception one night out of each week.

    I've mostly played creep since expansion so I realize my opinion is biased, so if anyone on the other side wants to chime in, I welcome it. But I'm pretty adamant on the lack of large action on each side is due to freeps wanting to farm solo or small group and bouncing when they can't. I'm pretty sure any creep would agree with me, though I'm sure some freeps can offer a differing opinion on the matter and welcome it. But it'd be a hard argument to persuade me to believe that the action tonight would not have persisted much longer if the FND and SB groups out had consolidated, instead of not and just logging. Tonight's action was awesome, and it could have lasted much longer, but freeps refused to group with each other. If anyone wants to step up and try to consolidate the freeps and lead more often, I welcome it. I believe a few have done it a few nights in the last month. I'd volunteer, but let's be real, not many of the freeps would group up with me

    Addendum: There were 18 freeps at TR front area tonight. There were 13 creeps in raid plus maybe a few others out of group. All the OPs were blue. Instead of pushing TR or finding the creeps, the freeps focused on getting on some rock. During this period, the creep raid split in two, making either half very vulnerable, to flip IOP and AEOP. Instead of pushing TR or finding the creeps, the 18 freeps just tried to get on an near-impossible rock. Before the raid had formed, about 2 hours earlier, I had just logged on my warg and there were 4 hunters and 3 other freeps hugging GV against Pottymouth (r6 reaver) and Bagbalm. I don't understnad the contentness to sit in oneshots, hug a backdoor, or whatevs, but I think that idealogy needs to change. Freeps are on balanced ground compared to creeps solo, or maybe creeps even have a slight advantage. But freeps certainly possess the advantage in numbers as a certain minstrel was outhealing 4 reavers the other night as the only healer in a half raid.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Jan 06 2014 at 02:10 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    838
    I thought now would be an appropriate time to create a summary outline of what happens in the moors on a mostly daily basis. Here it is.

    (1) Freeps come out to take all keeps to feed their pve taste.
    (2) Freeps take relics after all keeps to assist with leveling alts.
    (3) Freeps take devling buffs to assist with number 4.
    (4) Freeps camp grams or hide in back door of lugs until they wipe once and then
    (5) Freeps go to one v one area since they got rolled at grams or lugs and farming renown at one v ones is easier for them
    (6) Creeps zerg one v ones to get real action going
    (7) Creep leader makes raid to roll freeps - this is the only given in the moors since we know with equal numbers and player ability creeps roll freeps

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    A question I have to ask is, do you consider PvMP end game material? Would it be a stretch of the imagination to consider that one does not need jewelery attainable only from end game raids, and First Age weapons and Class Items to PvMP? To think somebody would venture to the Ettenmoores with Third Age weapons and Class Items, mid-range jewelery! How foolish! And those fair weather PvP'ers... Maybe a Second Age weapon, some teal jewelery, it may be tough for them. The challenge of PvMP is and has always been available to you. It's not really your fault though, so much of the Free People's PvE is basically experience points for your weapons and class items. The unbelievable amount of time spent making them perfect, it is easy to lose sight of the real requirements of the Ettenmoores. But remember when you, for the lack of a better term "face roll" the Monster Players over and over again with no real strategy, relying gear over skill, be prepared to deal with a back door fight, respawn camp, well the joke that you say is too funny. This is the bed that you made, you picked the pillows, the sheets, the blankets... but you don't like it... and it's somebody else's fault?
    PvMP is end game yes. While playable at a level lower than max is possible, it is not recommended. So yes, to effectively play in the Moors you must have reached the end of the game.

    Not my place to tell people what gear to get. It is absurdly easy to gear oneself well though.

    My main is a WL. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I play freepside to, as you say, "faceroll" the monster players. WL has always been my main.

    The joke was how awful this game has become. Both sides of PvP, and PvE included. This game sucks, and I blame the Devs for a large part. No part of my post was directed at freeps or creeps specifically. A fair weather pvper is not a casual player, but rather one who only comes out to play when the odds are decidedly in their favor. Then promptly leave when the tables are turned. Please learn to read before replying again. Also, learn to recognize who people are before rolling out the troll train. I have played in the Moors once since HD came out. Oh and by the way, I played on my WL.

    But it is good to know that the Devs have company in the fool department. The "oh poor freep/creep side" argument is getting old, and you only serve to prolong it with these comments.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload