We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: The Hungry Ones

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Falticeni, Romania
    Posts
    134

    The Hungry Ones

    hey, today im gonna speak about the 1v1 that took place in gta .
    while doing 1v1 for like 2-3 mins , a boxing hunter escorted by a mini and a burg had joined the 1v1 . so the rule here is, from what i`ve seen and know, if u gang someone (as a creep for ex) all freep from gta will attack the ones that are ganging.So the boxing hunter attacked all creeps that had low hp from the 1v1, or the ones that were coming from lugz rez. So, the creeps at gta attacked the boxing hunter that was ganging everyone(only the boxing hunters). Every freep that was at gta , saw what happened, (even when the boxing hunter attacked and killed every low-hp creep) but they didnt care(because prb they were receiving renow aswell) so they started killing the creeps one by one.
    Fine, mors is a open pvp area, but dont enter with your creep and say in ooc, stuff like 1v1 gonna start soon , and after like a couple a mins u start ganging and killing every creep there.
    I`ve posted today because this isn`t the first time happening and i`m tired of this s**t
    Please, if u need renow that much just do the daily, kill creeps normally, but dont ask for 1v1 and then gang everyone.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by McCaef View Post
    hey, today im gonna speak about the 1v1 that took place in gta .
    while doing 1v1 for like 2-3 mins , a boxing hunter escorted by a mini and a burg had joined the 1v1 . so the rule here is, from what i`ve seen and know, if u gang someone (as a creep for ex) all freep from gta will attack the ones that are ganging.So the boxing hunter attacked all creeps that had low hp from the 1v1, or the ones that were coming from lugz rez. So, the creeps at gta attacked the boxing hunter that was ganging everyone(only the boxing hunters). Every freep that was at gta , saw what happened, (even when the boxing hunter attacked and killed every low-hp creep) but they didnt care(because prb they were receiving renow aswell) so they started killing the creeps one by one.
    Fine, mors is a open pvp area, but dont enter with your creep and say in ooc, stuff like 1v1 gonna start soon , and after like a couple a mins u start ganging and killing every creep there.
    I`ve posted today because this isn`t the first time happening and i`m tired of this s**t
    Please, if u need renow that much just do the daily, kill creeps normally, but dont ask for 1v1 and then gang everyone.

    Easy way to fix this is to zerg the one v ones everyday. I plan to do this for a while because too much of this has been happening again. So be warned all.

  3. #3
    Word to the wise: Rules do not apply to everyone in this game.

    I usually abide by the unwritten 1v1 rules by not ganking people, not interrupting 1v1s, etc. but on occasion I will gank someone if I think the 1v1s are dead or if I simply just want to spark up some action outside of gta. I usually get rolled repeatedly afterwards, but I'm okay with this. Sometimes a healer will side with me and I'll last a little longer, and then the action starts up. Sometimes not.

    I pretty much have only one rule for myself nowadays: don't interrupt an on-going 1v1. I don't like stealing other people's fights from them, esp. if they're visibly trying to better themselves at PvP by 1v1ing. Good for them! ....Other than that, all is fair game for me now. I've seen too many people tell me to do this, do that, and then I see them not doing this or that later on, so I've pretty much given up hope for people to actually "follow the rules" in PvP.

    Again, the key to be safe is just to be prepared for the unexpected. Sometimes if someone is ganking, the other side won't even help you kill them. And if you're too low rank to do so, just map out and do some quests, or simply log. It sucks that people don't follow the rules, I get it, but it can't be helped.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  4. #4
    Last while 87% of what happens at gta is farming.

    Spiderbyte
    Last edited by swamp; Jan 03 2014 at 03:25 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post

    Again, the key to be safe is just to be prepared for the unexpected. Sometimes if someone is ganking, the other side won't even help you kill them. And if you're too low rank to do so, just map out and do some quests, or simply log. It sucks that people don't follow the rules, I get it, but it can't be helped.
    This frame of mind is a very good reason why one vs. one at the good map of Tol Ascarnen should be stopped. One of the best things about LotRo, PvE, PvMP, is new players. Setting up your renown/infamy farm festival smack dab in the middle of the map, where lo and behold, low level monster players trying to do quests for a map they will be discouraged to use. Why? Because they are not in Ventrilo/Team Speak/Mumble with the opposing farmers and will be defeated in seconds, only to respawn at least five running minutes away. Perhaps it is a sign of the times. Hunting for the opposition is too much trouble. Set up a daily grind at a high traffic area, grind out renown/infamy/commendations on each other (or as you so cleverly stated, "better yourself at PvMP",) and destroy whoever wanders through. Your helping hand to who ever complains in OOC, in a nutshell, keep away from my little group, or simply log. This game needs to grow, like it or not, with new players. Discouraging them no matter how broken you think this game is, will only make your PvMP gear, rank, and whatever else you are trying to do, worthless.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,372
    I barely PvP anymore, but recently joined a creep group to "peck uh fight" at GtA, to stop the freeps from obliterating R5 creeps. (Or so I was told).

    So we barrel through, kill all the things, and then all action stops. Freeps... gone.

    I leave to level alts. I see GLFF saying, "looks like creeps are just PvEing the map red", with a tone of disbelief. Well, yeah. If you don't set up some kind of defensive, that happens, dumb*** (I wanted to say that). Then I find out, minutes later, freeps are sparring lowbies again. And I say lowbies because I asked if they were rank 5, and got no response. So just assuming.

    It's meh. I stopped caring about this game, for a while. It's all a big waste of time, if there is no sport or fun in it. Sure RvR's still happen, but the majority of it is sparring in between times. If it's fun, then great! But the sport and drama is nearly all gone. There is no real prestige. Not anymore. Not like there use to be. /shrug
    Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

  7. #7
    When I want good PvP i log into L... hahahaha no just kidding I can't even say it the joke is too funny.

    But to be fair to the gankers and fair weather pvpers, when it is clear that the Developers couldn't care less about this game, then why should they?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post

    But the sport and drama is nearly all gone. There is no real prestige. Not anymore. Not like there use to be. /shrug
    Yeah Clown, for once in a long time, I agree with you. Ever since the addition of OP buffs and renown/infamy buffs, the sport that 1v1 provided has dipped severely and has lost its true purpose: to test one's skill in combat against another skilled opponent.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    This frame of mind is a very good reason why one vs. one at the good map of Tol Ascarnen should be stopped. One of the best things about LotRo, PvE, PvMP, is new players. Setting up your renown/infamy farm festival smack dab in the middle of the map, where lo and behold, low level monster players trying to do quests for a map they will be discouraged to use. Why? Because they are not in Ventrilo/Team Speak/Mumble with the opposing farmers and will be defeated in seconds, only to respawn at least five running minutes away.
    This frame of mind exemplifies someone who is not only afraid to reveal their identity in game for some unknown reason, but also closed-minded, making up scenarios that do not happen, in order to support their illogical argument. Now, I do not see low ranking creeps (or low ranking, new freeps) being regularly killed at 1v1s (as you are saying they are "defeated in seconds after trying to do quests") if they are not ganking. If they are "trying to do quests," which implies that they are not attacking freeps, but gathering wood/stone, killing aurochs, etc. to rank up, the 1v1ers leave them alone. If someone is not leaving them alone, I see no reason that that person should not be zerged. Go for it. Just leave the honorable ones alone... they are not responsible for other people's actions...

    However, if the "lower ranks" are ganking, they get the same treatment as they would anywhere else in the moors. I don't see the difference between that and killing that creep in, say, grothum, if I was out solo. I'm surprised that you see a difference, but this again is just showing your inability to see the obvious, apparently.

    If someone fights me, I will fight back. Whining about "oh they're low rank" or on freep "oh they're low level" is, quite frankly, just ignorant. They know they're in a PvP zone. If they are low rank and still learning their class, and cannot best a freep (or creep), they better avoid them until they can. If I'm being attacked, I will either kill the person who is attacking me, or die. This applies for "1v1 zones," open PvP, and npcs in PvE. The npcs in PvE are the most fearsome opponents though.


    Quote Originally Posted by pvmpfailsauce36 View Post
    Perhaps it is a sign of the times. Hunting for the opposition is too much trouble. Set up a daily grind at a high traffic area, grind out renown/infamy/commendations on each other (or as you so cleverly stated, "better yourself at PvMP",) and destroy whoever wanders through. Your helping hand to who ever complains in OOC, in a nutshell, keep away from my little group, or simply log. This game needs to grow, like it or not, with new players. Discouraging them no matter how broken you think this game is, will only make your PvMP gear, rank, and whatever else you are trying to do, worthless.
    Once again, I fail to see how you come upon the concept that 1v1ers "destroy whoever wanders through." Funny thing is, I've seen plenty of regular zergers not being touched at 1v1s. Lewzah, Morsum, Happyfeet, and Incendio all get a free pass usually. It's funny how when the scenario is flipped, the 1v1ers do NOT kill the regular group'ers, but when you reverse the situation the outcome is inevitable. Speaks wonders about those people, doesn't it?

    Now, I would agree with you about the farming comms thing except for the fact that there ARE players out there who DO want to better themselves at PvP. I'm not cleverly rewording a different reality. I can name plenty of people who go to 1v1s to challenge themselves, not to farm comms.

    A perfect example of this was a 1v1 against Lenovos on my reaver like 2 weeks ago when we were both still getting used to the changes. He beat me fair and square, and when he got me down to 2k while he was still at 10k, he turned around. He stopped attacking. He knew he had beaten me, and he didn't care about the comms. That's the style of 1v1 that the whole thing is all about. It's about making yourself a better PvPer, and if you know you have someone beat, why kill them?

    The problem now, is that so many classes have such high burst dps. You really don't know who's going to win until, well, they've already won. A reaver can quite literally come back from 10k morale with a dev impale for a one shot. A hunter can get three lucky devs in a row and take off 30k of a creep. A warden can literally get kills from the grave with their unmitigated bleeds.

    The problem now, is not the players. It's the game. You say they're just farming, but that's the style of the game now. You can't 1v1 like 1v1s were intended to be anymore. It's a fight to the death, because death is the only way you know you actually beat them.

    *Waits for someone to say, BUT BUT LENOVOS MAYBE DIDN'T BEAT YOU THEN WHY'D HE TURN AROUND?* Because he's a cool cat.


    Finally, if the problem REALLY was simply the fact that 1v1s are usually at gta, and not at an out of the way location like good grim or poor isen, we would not see regular zergs of the 1v1s at those locations. BUT WE DO. So I conclude, again, the problem does not lie in fault with the 1v1ers. I like RvR or group PvP just as much as anyone else. Some would probably not even call me a regular 1v1er anymore. But I dislike zerging more than anything else, and that is what you are advocating, as candy sugared as you would like to make it, my nameless friend pvmpfailsauce36 (who I am quite tempted to say is Lewzah, or if not, it's someone just as bad as him).

    Zerging gets you far more infamy than 1v1s, for sure, but there's no reason to make up bull---- arguments to encourage it. It's a fail way to play this game, plain and simple. The age-old argument of saying "1v1s are farming! Let's get some 'PvP' going! Zerg the freeps(/creeps) at the 1v1s, maybe the 3-4 of them there will form a group to fight the 12 of us and we can call it PvP while we faceroll them into GV(/Grams)!" is as fail as ever. Both sides have players who do this regularly, and I still have yet to see any of those players go out of their way to challenge themselves in PvP, so I will keep on calling them fail until they prove me wrong. ...Which they won't.



    TL;DR: Poorly disguised fail pro-zerging argument succesfully dismantled.

    Last edited by Bond007; Jan 05 2014 at 03:32 PM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload