We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Draigoch raid taken away?

Not sure if this is the right spot (or if I've asked this before haha)...

When the Isengard expansion came out, I bought it the first day with TP. There were two options when I purchased it, 1) just the quest pack and 2) the quests and the instance pack. I purchased the second, and later, when Draigoch was released, I started up the intro quests for that. I never actually ran it, but with at least one character, I did start the instance and enter to see what it was like, starting a few deeds in the process.

Then, an update (or patch, I don't remember) came out at some point, and I was invited to a Draigoch raid. I was then prompted that I must purchase the raid: Draigoch's Lair in order to play it. I have no idea when the update/patch occurred, because it was many months after I'd last stepped foot into the instance.

I have the deeds Draigoch the Red (0 of 3), Draigoch's Lair -- Challenge, Draigoch's Lair -- tier 1, Draigoch's Lair --tier 2, which I believe shows I've actually been in there.

So my question I guess is this: why did Turbine take that away? I think that's a bit messed up, if they originally didn't intend it to be tacked on. They should have just made new folks buying the expansion not have it, or however that works... my friend bought the Isengard expansion just a month or so ago (she already had the QP), and she has Draigoch.

Can I somehow get it back?
    Last edited by KellyMo; Mar 22 2014 at 07:32 PM.

Sounds like something might be bugged. You may wish to contact customer support to get this sorted out - they're probably going to be your best bet. http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/splash.asp. Good luck!
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Can it be, that you were subscribed as a VIP when you entered Draigoch's Lair, and now you aren't? Still, the instance should be included in the Isengard expansion - IIRC - as it isn't part of the 'In Their Absence' instance cluster...

Greetings, Polymachos

I was not VIP when Isengard or Draigoch were released. I had been about a year before for 3 months, and went again after RoR, but not in that middle time.

I'm looking at that website, but what would this issue be considered to be? There's no "my content went missing" option. (And, I have filed about this before. Never got a reply.)

Edit: Also, I don't think VIPs have access to Draigoch's raid without purchasing it, much like an expansion pack.

Surprisingly, the flagging/intro quests are NOT gated by the instance purchase, they're gated by the quest pack portion. At one point the deed started without setting foot into the instance, I don't know if this is true any longer. This led to some interesting problems originally for people who only bought the instance and NOT the quest pack.

This is part of the full expansion purchase, or the separate Draigoch purchase, not included in ones VIP subscription, just like any other expansion content.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    This is part of the full expansion purchase, or the separate Draigoch purchase, not included in ones VIP subscription, just like any other expansion content.
    When I purchased the expansion, the options I had were "quests only" and "quests, including instances". I did step foot into the instance. So I'm not quite sure what I'm missing here.

Also, found a kinnie who has the same problem; he purchased with TP the day it came out. Seems to be a special group of us. >_< Maybe I will just call them up, since apparently I *ought* to have it after talking with a few more people.

One thing might be worth checking.

Since you have the deeds, you probably shouldn't need this, but it might be worth checking, on a 'tidy up loose ends' principle.

A prerequisite for the Draigoch raid is finding the cave on the landscape. Once done, the deeds are made visible, so there is a good chance you have that already.
    But, if not, the quest is started by an npc near the south gate of Galtrev. Might be worth going through the motions there, just to see if that is what is blocking you.

Quote Originally Posted by wachkussen View Post
    Since you have the deeds, you probably shouldn't need this, but it might be worth checking, on a 'tidy up loose ends' principle.

A prerequisite for the Draigoch raid is finding the cave on the landscape. Once done, the deeds are made visible, so there is a good chance you have that already.
    But, if not, the quest is started by an npc near the south gate of Galtrev. Might be worth going through the motions there, just to see if that is what is blocking you.
    I noticed on the instance finder if you select and instance (Draigoch in this case) mouse over the "launch now" button, it will pop up and tell you the requirements. If memory serves, there are 4 quests needed to do this instance.

Not sure if its the exact issue you're having, but as the previous poster has noted, there are 3 quests which must be completed (PER CHARACTER) before your character can enter the Draigoch raid. You can see any requirements to launch the Draigoch instance my selecting it in the instance finder and hovering the mouse over the launch button and seeing what it says.

These quests start from Arianne in Galtrev, just behind/south of the training hall, on the road up from the south/west gate. These will send you to Nar's Peak in Enedwaith and eventually to the entrance of Draigoch's Lair itself.

You only need to complete these quests once (per character), after that you can just launch the instance as you desire.
    Leader of The Rangers of Eriador