We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Moral dilemma left in the wake of a now obselete Hytbold

(((If you haven't completed Eastern Rohan, SPOILERS AHEAD!)))

While leveling my Mini through Cliving last year I like many of us was left quite uncomfortable with the results of the "Interrogating the Suspects" quest line. At the end of it you are left with the feeling that you have put an innocent person disgraced and behind bars. After completing the rest of the Eastemnet and the long grind of Hytbold you are finally relieved of the discomfort by the resolution at Hytbold's final quests.

Now my LM has just completed Cliving with the same bad taste in his mouth. He however is never going to spend 10 weeks grinding Hytbold. He is already level 86 and has gotten green armor drops that already blow away the Hytbold reward armor. Now that i think of it I find it hard to imagine anybody EVER completing Hytbold now that it is not at cap. I'll probably do the Snowbourn rep quests to get to Kindred for the "return" skill.

This leaves what is to me a disturbing loose end. Do others feel as I do or am I just being neurotic?

Will people complete Hytbold now? Yes, but not many. Hytbold does have a fair amount of TP available for the doing of it, namely in the final parts of rep for the eastern Rohan factions.

Are you crazy for thinking it is unlikely to be done? Not at all. It is a rather large amount of time to get it all done, even if each individual day's effort is not terribly long. Maybe for some classes, the armour might still be worth getting. My Guardian thinks the Warrior's Heart set buff is hilarious and awesome right now. Then again, the Guardian hasn't done a single day of Hytbold quests. My Champion bought his armour for him. I am also considering doing just enough quests with the Guardian to get the Sutcroft's rep up to get the Return to Snowbourn skill, but I have a feeling I couldn't let it stop there, so I've put it off.

Do I want to log in and do the same quests I've done on my Champion with my Guardian for over a month? Not really. I have a feeling most, the vast majority, feel that way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anavalar View Post
    (((If you haven't completed Eastern Rohan, SPOILERS AHEAD!)))

While leveling my Mini through Cliving last year I like many of us was left quite uncomfortable with the results of the "Interrogating the Suspects" quest line. At the end of it you are left with the feeling that you have put an innocent person disgraced and behind bars. After completing the rest of the Eastemnet and the long grind of Hytbold you are finally relieved of the discomfort by the resolution at Hytbold's final quests.

Now my LM has just completed Cliving with the same bad taste in his mouth. He however is never going to spend 10 weeks grinding Hytbold. He is already level 86 and has gotten green armor drops that already blow away the Hytbold reward armor. Now that i think of it I find it hard to imagine anybody EVER completing Hytbold now that it is not at cap. I'll probably do the Snowbourn rep quests to get to Kindred for the "return" skill.

This leaves what is to me a disturbing loose end. Do others feel as I do or am I just being neurotic?

SPOILERS:

I feel like that about a bunch of quest lines, including this one. I feel it was unresolved.

But also, what about that murderer I was chasing around Western Rohan?

What about that mining town that's being run by a sort of mafia?

What about that couple that eloped and ran away to Edoras?

My guess is that we're going to find out the answers to these questions some time after we confront Saruman. I'd be willing to bet Turbine will have us mustering Eastern Rohan to ride to Gondor, and that's when we'll find out what happens next in these various stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Anavalar View Post
    I totally do feel like this. I am wondering if they might change hytbold etc. May I also say the quests like those that you mention are brilliant. The best in the game! MORE

As someone who is level 87 and only plays a single character a time ( and finally after 4 years has gotten to level a singular characters towards the cap (I started in Sumer 2006, an after a many 'false 'starts, not liking the kin I was in getting realtiively far but then wanting more RP and restaritng on Landroval, and ten restarting because I wanted the Undying title... you know how it is..

Anyway. after hitting part I am curious I want to Hytbold because I am curious about Hytbold as a city about its people and the 'phasing in of new buildings and seeming something which so badly charred and burned return to life. Am I wanting to take a Month+ to do al lthe quests (sure, I'll do them in the 'downtime' and between quests & deeds when I have little else to do, you know?)

Now about the Moral delima I've just gotten the point where I need to pick a suspect... and I am sitting on it till I get Hytbold closer to being done. Why? Because I am curious, and I need to time to think before putting a potentially innocent person in jail.