We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Vol III Book 10: Echoes of the Dead

Hey, I have a question about this instance.

I can't seem to attack any of the oathbreakers, unless they attack me first and make me retaliate automatically. I can click on them as many times as I want, but it won't let me select them. This causes Candaith to die each time near the end of the instance, because I can't help him fight the oathbreakers that are attacking him. Using AoE would've been an option to get them to attack me, but I'm a Burglar, and the only AoE attack I've got isn't enough to make them attack me, and takes ~1 minute to recharge.

Any ideas?

Does it say you failed the instance because he died? Because... Spoilers...

Candaith is supposed to die in the Instance. At that time, you're supposed to run back to the entrance and exit. However, since the a "fix" to prevent Freeps from porting out of combat in the Moors, you can no longer advance the quest while in combat, and it's impossible to kill the Oathbreakers that will aggro you as you run back to the exit, as soon as Candaith says "HOLD!" start running back to the exit. He'll die, but you reach the exit before the other Oathbreakers spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post

Candaith is supposed to die in the Instance. At that time, you're supposed to run back to the entrance and exit. However, since the a "fix" to prevent Freeps from porting out of combat in the Moors, you can no longer advance the quest while in combat, and it's impossible to kill the Oathbreakers that will aggro you as you run back to the exit, as soon as Candaith says "HOLD!" start running back to the exit. He'll die, but you reach the exit before the other Oathbreakers spawn.
    Thanks, I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post

Well, turns out that wasn't the solution, as Candaith died before I even got to the part where you have to run back.

However, I figured it out: I had to turn on floaty names and click on the names, not the oath-breakers themselves, to attack them and help Candaith fight them.

Thanks for the help, though.