We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Combat logging!

Combat logging!

so,I have coined a new phrase, IF ever in life you get done over, robbed by your bank, gypt , taken for a ride, had the okie doke done to you or otherwise ####ed over, then you have been mexicanmiked!!! That dude has combat logged so many times over the last few days that the printing on his alt and tab key would have been rubbed off by now!!!

There are plenty of things more lame than combat logging. For instance, Burg/warg packs, PvE, continuously ganking solos, Hippsing from PvP for months only to show up when freeps get buffed and last but not least SnH.

On a serious note, combat logging falls under playstyle, and while some may find it lame theres not much anyone can do about how someone chooses to play. Turbine makes it possible, just like many other things people dont like, so just have to deal with it.
    Warg- Nymerica
    RK- Nym.....ehhh nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainatura View Post
    There are plenty of things more lame than combat logging. For instance, Burg/warg packs, PvE, continuously ganking solos, Hippsing from PvP for months only to show up when freeps get buffed and last but not least SnH.
    somebody with a brain that doesn't bandwagon.

hipster Nymerica ain't no conformist.

yea you can add those macro noobs. macro to win in 2014!

Pffff lol, in my opinion if a burg cant kill a reaver in 10 seconds while he is stationary then GG. Especially 5-7 burgs noobing it up together ganking solos
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

On a serious note, combat logging falls under playstyle, and while some may find it lame theres not much anyone can do about how someone chooses to play. Turbine makes it possible, just like many other things people dont like, so just have to deal with it.
    Heh... I remember the another time I made this almost exact argument when keep flags were flippable without the CG being dead, and I encouraged everyone to have an alt logged out next to the flag of their favorite keep.

For some reason this was universally seen as completely lame, but since it was not hotfixed, it was ok, right?

Long story short, just because they hold off on changes until the next patch doesn't make the action that works for now "right." If you think there are lame things in the game and just seek to add to them, then you really have no room for complaint. Pick a side dude... either you are unabashedly for cheap tricks and dirty moves like combat logging or you're against them. Don't denounce perfectly viable system exploits and then claim any authority to cite them as lame.

Anywho, chat ya later!
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad
    AKA: Yargax of Pouncing Pwny

Quote Originally Posted by AdarinOuest View Post
    Heh... I remember the another time I made this almost exact argument when keep flags were flippable without the CG being dead, and I encouraged everyone to have an alt logged out next to the flag of their favorite keep.

For some reason this was universally seen as completely lame, but since it was not hotfixed, it was ok, right?

Long story short, just because they hold off on changes until the next patch doesn't make the action that works for now "right." If you think there are lame things in the game and just seek to add to them, then you really have no room for complaint. Pick a side dude... either you are unabashedly for cheap tricks and dirty moves like combat logging or you're against them. Don't denounce perfectly viable system exploits and then claim any authority to cite them as lame.

Anywho, chat ya later!
    Long story short, combat logging is lame but also quite funny. I missed the memo where it said I had to pick a side. Maybe it was before my time. I'll happily sit on the fence and judge each "cheap trick" or "dirty move" by itself and then form an opinion. If you care to learn my opinion on certain matters then feel free to message me in game.

Anywhosels, Tata for now!
    Warg- Nymerica
    RK- Nym.....ehhh nevermind.

Long story short, combat logging is lame but also quite funny. I missed the memo where it said I had to pick a side. Maybe it was before my time. I'll happily sit on the fence and judge each "cheap trick" or "dirty move" by itself and then form an opinion. If you care to learn my opinion on certain matters then feel free to message me in game.

Took ya wrongly... Just figured you were one that supported it since it is so divisive... glad to hear people are cavalier about lame but funny contraversies. Those are always the best ones to watch play out with a bowl of popcorn handy.

FYI this reply is NOT entirely aimed at you Nymerica...this goes for ALL creeps and freeps.

Combat Logging is nothing more than another "non-traditional and poor excuse for a means to an end" found within Lotro, i.e. "Exploit"....whether you would "like" to take a side or not...you passively either participate in Exploits or you don't, plain and simple.

Either you macro or you don't, either you combat log or you don't, either you exploit renown farming greenies or you don't, etc

Xpac after xpac after update after update...yada yada...there are new and improved versions of Turbine's screwups/overlookings...and every player in the game has to decide if they want to "make use" of them or not.

They have been around forever, they will continue to be around...get over it.

POINT: You may be in your mind "On the fence/indifferent" about exploiting with combat logging...but there is NO "On the fence" decision and when you are getting your face smashed in by Lenglamas while you are in a raid of creeps and he is solo...you will either "log out" during the fight or you won't, so you will be forced to make a decision.

Here is a quick follow up point to that:

I don't really care what side you take, there are no ethics in this MMO. I won't throw a fit if you want to cheat, I'll just start cheating as well.

Keyword of teh day: "adapt"

Point: Play style matters, chose wisely how you play because you will be treated the same way.

Peace
    [CENTER][HR][/HR][IMG]http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz356/Mayhem7_7/Lotro/ForumSigniture.png?t=1388701742[/IMG]
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][FONT=arial][B][I]"In the old days you could just wack a guy and be done with it. Now everyone's feelings are involved." ~ Teddy Deserve [/I][COLOR=#008000](The Gank Squad)[/COLOR] Landroval: [COLOR=#0033ff]R10 Champ[/COLOR], [COLOR=#0033ff]R8 Burg[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ff0000]R8 Reaver[/COLOR][/B]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [/CENTER]

Somebody in-game want to see if you can still combat log or if they stealth fixed it with the patch? (Nothing in the notes)

Quote Originally Posted by AdarinOuest View Post
    Somebody in-game want to see if you can still combat log or if they stealth fixed it with the patch? (Nothing in the notes)
    They can still combat log. It hasn't been fixed. I've gone against several people who still continue to do it since the patch.
    Chokes R11 WL
    Choked R9 Captain

Yup all's still unfixed. I have combat logged after the update and it works fine. (I just do it for the fun tho)

That's funny, Wad--I figured you did it when you ran out of flops!
    [COLOR=#800000]Various Hobbits, Thwilda the dwarf lass, and Gnersk, Stalker[/COLOR]

I neverrr run out of flops!