We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Icky Mounted Combat

Three questions about mounted combat:

1) Do some people enjoy it, or is it just tolerated by all?

2) Can you skip it entirely?

3) Is it easier for a ranged class than a melee class?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Castamere2013 View Post

Thanks!
    1. Yes some people do enjoy Mounted combat.

2. No not entirely but you can skip a large portion of it if you desire.

3. Consensus does seem to be it is easier with a Ranged class.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Thanks!
    1) Yes, some people do like it. I am one of those people. It does take getting used to, and I recommend not using the default speed control (switch it to automatic deceleration, which makes it behave like a regular mount). You also may need to experiment some to find the right steed type for you, and the right settings on your LI/Trait panel.

2) Most of it. There are a few instances that require it.

3) It is much easier for a ranged player, but I have found that you can do it successfully as melee as well (my main is a champ). Hit and Run as melee on a heavy horse can work well. Use Coax liberally to keep them close.

Where do you turn on auto deceleration?

Where do you turn on auto deceleration?
    I'm not in-game atm, but I believe it is a toggle under Combat Options in the Options UI.

I actually enjoy MC on all my characters.

Depends on the melee class. Burglars are not very good in mounted combat, but champs are one of the easiest.

In most cases it's simpler to /follow your target (you can set a hotkey to follow now, in the options) and mash skills until it is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrax View Post
    I'm not in-game atm, but I believe it is a toggle under Combat Options in the Options UI.
    Aye it's under combat options -> war steed auto slowdown.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

OPTIONS // COMBAT OPTIONS//

First thing,..Max out Agility 7 points.

Look for Legacies for your Legendary Bridle with + Agility,.

Using a 'Light" steed obviously gives u better control.

Bonus:

Get a mouse with a few extra buttons on it.
    Assign the 4-5 WarSteed skills to it. So you can easily activate them on the run.

this made a WORLD of difference to me.

Before that,..I'd hold down the Both mouse buttons and steer that way. While using my normal WASD hand to hit 1,2,3,4,5.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    I actually enjoy MC on all my characters.

Depends on the melee class. Burglars are not very good in mounted combat, but champs are one of the easiest.
    Same here I enjoy MC, sometimes more than others. If you have allot of lag without MC, then I'd say it probably will be problematic. If you don't lag much then it can be allot of fun.

I totally agree, my Champ mows down targets and with elite warband dudes, I just coax and chop! The Burg on the other hand is not as much fun, although 'impugn' is nice!

Maybe I won't hate it so much. My main is a champ...

Ranged classes most certainly have an easier time than melee, but I'd say it really comes down to whether the class can self heal.
    Also, you should to check each Discipline and see how they affect your skills, and don't be afraid to change disciplines while in combat.

In my opinion, as it stands, the two worst classes in mounted combat are burglar and guardian.
    Burglars don't have any power heals, and they can only heal morale while their stratagem is active, so it's only usable when you're just entering into combat and are at full health.
    Guardians' Rohan's edge heals morale or power heal (depending on the Discipline), but only on a crit. So, it's not exactly unreliable.

The other seven classes are much better, which is best is hard to say, but I'm partial to Lore-masters.